旧事新解 In a New Light
从娜维娅带来的嫌犯口中问出了主谋的名字,但这个人此刻正在梅洛彼得堡,看来需要亲自跑一趟那里… You learn of the culprit's name from the criminals Navia gathered. However, that person is currently at the Fortress of Meropide. It looks like you'll ha
前往梅洛彼得堡 Go to the Fortress of Meropide
与莱欧斯利对话 Talk to Wriothesley
莱欧斯利:欢迎诸位莅临梅洛彼得堡。
Wriothesley:Welcome to the Fortress of Meropide, dear esteemed guests.
派蒙:打扰了,我们又来啦!
Paimon:We're back!
派蒙:没想到是公爵亲自迎接,真有面子,嘿嘿。
Paimon:Ooh, and a greeting from none other than the Duke himself! Guess we've made a name for ourselves at this place, hehe.
莱欧斯利:又不是第一次了。你们二位,再加上最高审判官亲自到场,一定是有要事。
Wriothesley:This isn't anything new. I figured you had important matters to discuss when the two of you — not to mention the Chief Justice — showed up.
莱欧斯利:大家就当已经寒暄过了,切入正题吧。
Wriothesley:Let us assume we've gone through the pleasantries and cut right to the chase.
对莱欧斯利说了美露莘遭受威胁的事…
You tell Wriothesley about the threat letter Kiara received...
莱欧斯利:……
Wriothesley:...
莱欧斯利:这个叫多梅尼科的人我有点印象,他曾经试图怂恿并联合犯人们闹事。
Wriothesley:I do remember a thing or two about Domenico. He once attempted to round up the other inmates and instigate a protest.
派蒙:好猖狂的人!没出什么大事吧?
Paimon:Who does this guy think he is!? Paimon hopes nothing came of it.
莱欧斯利:「曾经试图」,也就是还没开始就结束了。他还威胁过美露莘?
Wriothesley:He "once attempted to," I said, meaning that it was over before it even started. And now he's threatening Melusines, is he?
莱欧斯利:这个人不是那种能干大事的人,竟然劳烦你们亲自调查,难道背后还有隐情?
Wriothesley:...To be honest, Domenico doesn't seem like much of a conspirator. The fact that the three of you bothered to personally investigate raises a flag... Is there something else going on behind the scenes here?
派蒙:他问了和我们一样的问题!
Paimon:Huh, he's got the same concerns we do!
那维莱特:曾经发生过类似的事情,所以我有些担心。我希望见一见多梅尼科,当面问清楚。
Neuvillette:I am concerned about this incident because something similar has occurred in the past. I wish to meet Domenico in person and have my questions answered.
莱欧斯利:这个简单。我想想,记得他是关在…
Wriothesley:That's an easy one. Let me think, I think he's at...
希格雯:我刚刚好像听到「美露莘」,发生什么事了吗?
Sigewinne:Did I hear someone say "Melusine"? What happened?
派蒙:护士长!
Paimon:Sigewinne!
旅行者:名叫基娅拉的美露莘收到威胁信。
Traveler:A Melusine named Kiara received a threatening letter.
派蒙:是呀,我们正在调查这件事,威胁她的人似乎被关在梅洛彼得堡。
Paimon:Yeah, and we're investigating! The person who threatened her seems to be held imprisoned here.
希格雯:真的吗?基娅拉没事吧?
Sigewinne:Really? Is Kiara gonna be okay?
那维莱特:不必担心,克洛琳德正在保护她。
Neuvillette:There's no need to worry. Clorinde is protecting her as we speak.
希格雯:太好了。不过幕后黑手还在…公爵,你能不能想想办法?
Sigewinne:Oh, that's great. But if the criminal's still... Is there anything you can do about this?
莱欧斯利:听护士长的意思,是想要我亲自解决对方吗?
Wriothesley:Ah, Head Nurse, do you require me to personally deal with the criminal?
那维莱特:莱欧斯利。
Neuvillette:Wriothesley.
莱欧斯利:明白,把多梅尼科带过来,只有这一个要求,对吗?
Wriothesley:Okay, I get it. I'll bring Domenico to you — that's your only demand, correct?
那维莱特:算是请求吧。这次我以个人名义拜访,不是正式提审犯人,你无需顾虑。
Neuvillette:Think of it as more of a humble request. I am here on my own accord, not to formally transfer a criminal for trial. I urge you to set aside any concerns.
那维莱特:麻烦你了,算我欠你一个人情。
Neuvillette:Thanks for the trouble. Consider me in your debt.
派蒙:哇…我要是公爵,就趁机要点什么大的…
Paimon:Whoa... If Paimon were you, Your Grace, Paimon would take this chance to ask for something really important!
莱欧斯利:如果我还是犯人,可能会提出希望减刑吧,不过那维莱特先生一定会拒绝。
Wriothesley:Well, were I still a criminal, I'd probably ask for a lighter sentence — but I'm sure Monsieur Neuvillette would reject that.
莱欧斯利:不说笑了,我去把多梅尼科找来。
Wriothesley:But enough jokes. I'll look for Domenico and bring him to you.
莱欧斯利:各位先随意休息一会儿吧。护士长总是惦记你们,一定有很多话想聊。
Wriothesley:Make yourselves at home. Our dear Head Nurse has mentioned you quite a few times, so I'm sure she has a lot to say.
希格雯:各位先跟我到医务室来吧。
Sigewinne:Please come with me to the infirmary.
希格雯:啊,请小心。有些地方比较黑,不要被绊倒了。
Sigewinne:Ah, and watch your step. There are some pretty dark areas, so make sure you don't trip over anything.
戈尔代:刚刚走过去的是那维莱特大人?
Gordes:Did Neuvillette just walk by?
米勒洛:上个月有新的朋友加入了我们…
Millereau:We just had a new member join us last month...
欧莉艾尔:算算时间,就快离开梅洛彼得堡了…嗯?
Auriol:Now that I think about it, I can leave this place soon... Huh?
到医务室休息 Rest at the infirmary
希格雯:大家先在这里休息一下吧。
Sigewinne:Please rest here for a moment.
希格雯:那维莱特先生、旅行者还有派蒙,你们想喝点什么?
Sigewinne:Oh, and would anyone like anything to drink?
派蒙:嗯…我还不太渴。谢谢你啦,护士长。
Paimon:Mm, Paimon's not that thirsty, but thanks anyway!
希格雯:感到渴的时候,说明身体已经在发出警示,在那之前就要及时补充水分。
Sigewinne:Thirst is a warning sign that you're dehydrated, which means you have to drink up even before that.
希格雯:等下估计还有很多事要聊,我先帮你们倒点茶。
Sigewinne:I'll bring you some tea. I'm sure you'll have a lot to talk about.
派蒙:护士长还是那么关心大家的身体健康…
Paimon:Typical Sigewinne, concerned about everyone's health as always...
派蒙:咦,那维莱特、旅行者,你们怎么都不说话了?
Paimon:Huh? Why aren't you two saying anything?
旅行者:刚才我们路过的那几位罪人…
Traveler:The criminals we passed by earlier...
那维莱特:嗯,你也注意到了吗?他们胸口佩戴的徽章,看上去有些眼熟。
Neuvillette:You noticed them too? The badges they wore on their chests looked quite familiar.
派蒙:眼熟?呃…我完全没有注意到。
Paimon:Familiar? Uh, Paimon didn't even realize they were wearing them...
派蒙:不过既然你们都这么说,那我们去问问吧!
Paimon:But if the both of you say so, let's go ask them about it!
【选项1】
旅行者:我和派蒙去吧。
Traveler: Paimon and I will go.
【选项2】
旅行者:最高审判官在这里闲逛不太好。
Traveler: You're not exactly a sight for sore eyes around here.
那维莱特:也好,那我留在这里,等你们消息。
Neuvillette:That's not a bad idea. I'll stay here and wait for news from you.
调查神秘小帮派 Investigate the mysterious organization
戈尔代:找我有什么事吗?
Gordes:Anything you need?
旅行者:你佩戴的胸章…
Traveler:The badge you're wearing...
戈尔代:哦,你说这个啊。你对我们「互助会」感兴趣吗?
Gordes:Oh, this? Are you interested in joining the Mutual Aid Network?
派蒙:互助会是什么?
Paimon:What's that?
戈尔代:我们互助会有着非常悠久的历史,最早可以追溯到四百多年前。
Gordes:We have a very long history, going back as far as four hundred years ago.
戈尔代:虽然每代人数都不多,也没什么影响力,但互助会的成员彼此都很友善。
Gordes:We have never had many members throughout our history, nor do we have much of a reputation... But everyone treats each other like family.
戈尔代:互助会的宗旨就是相互帮助,同时尽可能去维护公正。
Gordes:Helping each other is our purpose. At the same time, we seek to maintain just dealings as much as possible.
派蒙:听上去是一个很不错的组织!
Paimon:Sounds like a pretty neat organization!
戈尔代:呵呵,我们的初衷只是自保而已。我们没犯过重罪,也没有强大的力量,在梅洛彼得堡中天然处于劣势。
Gordes:Haha, all we want is to defend ourselves. None of us have ever committed serious crimes, and we're not especially powerful either. We're at a natural disadvantage here in the Fortress.
戈尔代:只有抱起团来,才不会受到欺负。
Gordes:But people won't give us a hard time if we stick together.
戈尔代:找我有什么事吗?
Gordes:Anything you need?
旅行者:你佩戴的胸章…
Traveler:The badge you're wearing...
戈尔代:哦,你说这个啊。你对我们「互助会」感兴趣吗?
Gordes:Oh, this? Are you interested in joining the Mutual Aid Network?
派蒙:互助会?该不会是「檐帽会」那种奇怪的组织吧?
Paimon:The Mutual Aid Network? Don't tell Paimon you're another shady organization like the Beret Society...
戈尔代:檐帽会…你是说前段时间被解散的那个帮派?放心,我们和他们完全不同。
Gordes:The Beret Society... Oh, you mean the group that was dissolved a while back? Rest assured, we're completely different.
派蒙:那我就放心了,互助会平时会做些什么?
Paimon:Okay then. What does your network usually do?
戈尔代:我们互助会有着非常悠久的历史,最早可以追溯到四百多年前。
Gordes:We have a very long history, going back as far as four hundred years ago.
戈尔代:虽然每代人数都不多,也没什么影响力,但互助会的成员彼此都很友善。
Gordes:We have never had many members throughout our history, nor do we have much of a reputation... But everyone treats each other like family.
戈尔代:互助会的宗旨就是相互帮助,同时尽可能去维护公正。
Gordes:Helping each other is our purpose. At the same time, we seek to maintain just dealings as far much possible.
派蒙:听上去是一个很不错的组织!
Paimon:Sounds like a pretty neat organization!
戈尔代:呵呵,我们的初衷只是自保而已。我们没犯过重罪,也没有强大的力量,在梅洛彼得堡中天然处于劣势。
Gordes:Haha, all we want is to defend ourselves. None of us have ever committed serious crimes, and we're not especially powerful either. We're at a natural disadvantage here in the Fortress.
戈尔代:只有抱起团来,才不会受到欺负。
Gordes:But people won't give us a hard time if we stick together.
调查神秘小帮派 Investigate the mysterious organization
米勒洛:你们对互助会有兴趣吗?
Millereau:Interested in joining the Mutual Aid Network?
米勒洛:这是我们的宣传册,你们可以了解一下。
Millereau:If you'd like to learn more, here's our flyer.
米勒洛:互助会的标语换过很多次,但是核心思想从创立以来一直没有变过。
Millereau:Our slogan may have evolved over the centuries, but our goal has remained unchanged.
米勒洛:这本书就送给你们啦,如果你们想加入互助会,欢迎来找我报名。
Millereau:Here, this book is for you. You're welcome to come and sign up anytime.
调查神秘小帮派 Investigate the mysterious organization
欧莉艾尔:嗯…总觉得你们看着有些眼熟…
Auriol:Hmm... You two look kinda familiar...
旅行者:你佩戴的胸章…
Traveler:The badge you're wearing...
欧莉艾尔:这是我们互助会的标志,是初代会长设计的。
Auriol:It's the symbol of the Mutual Aid Network, designed by our first president.
欧莉艾尔:据说它参考了一种叫「和平勋章」的东西,不过我也没见过和平勋章长什么样子。
Auriol:From what I've heard, it's based on something called a Medal of Peace. I've never seen one of those medals for myself, though.
旅行者:「和平勋章」?
Traveler:Medal of Peace?
欧莉艾尔:初代会长是一个很厉害的人。他很强大,却从来不会欺凌别人,反而鼓励弱小的罪人团结在一起,相互帮助。
Auriol:The first president of our network was an amazing person. Powerful as he was, he never used his strength against anyone. He encouraged the weaker criminals to stick together and look out for each other.
欧莉艾尔:…我们都很尊敬他。
Auriol:...All of us have a lot of respect for him.
将调查结果告诉那维莱特 Inform Neuvillette of your investigation results
派蒙:调查得差不多了,我们回去找那维莱特吧!
Paimon:We should've gathered enough information! Let's head back and talk to Neuvillette!
那维莱特:打听到什么了吗?
Neuvillette:Did you manage to gather any intel?
派蒙:那些佩戴徽章的人,都加入了一个叫互助会的组织。
Paimon:The people who wore the badges belong to an organization called the Mutual Aid Network.
派蒙:他们说这个徽章是参考「和平勋章」设计的。那维莱特,你见过和平勋章吗?
Paimon:According to them, the badge's design was inspired by a Medal of Peace. Have you seen any of those before?
那维莱特:我曾经亲手做过两枚和平勋章,颁给卡萝蕾与沃特林。
Neuvillette:I personally crafted two of them myself. They were awarded to Carole and Vautrin.
那维莱特:卡萝蕾那枚在烈火中烧尽了,只剩下沃特林手中还有一枚。
Neuvillette:Carole's medal was destroyed in a fire. The only one that remained should belong to Vautrin.
派蒙:啊…
Paimon:Oh...
派蒙:这么说,互助会的创始人其实是——
Paimon:So the network was inspired by...
希格雯:那维莱特先生,公爵请你们去办公室,他已经找到多梅尼科了。
Sigewinne:Monsieur Neuvillette, His Grace has requested your presence in his office. He's found Domenico.
那维莱特:…好。我们先去见见他,把美露莘的事问清楚。
Neuvillette:...Alright. Let us talk to him first and get to the bottom of this situation.
前往莱欧斯利办公室 Go to Wriothesley's office
与莱欧斯利对话 Talk to Wriothesley
莱欧斯利:向大家介绍,这位好先生就是多梅尼科。
Wriothesley:Allow me to introduce this... fine gentleman, Domenico.
莱欧斯利:你不如先交代一下?
Wriothesley:Why don't you explain everything to him?
多梅尼科:那、那维莱特?!
Domenico:N—Neuvillette!?
多梅尼科:你怎么会在这里?你想干什么?灭口吗?
Domenico:What do you want? What are you gonna do, kill me?
那维莱特:冷静。我只是想问你几个问题。
Neuvillette:Calm down. I merely wanted to ask you a few questions.
那维莱特:给美露莘寄送威胁信是你的主意吗?
Neuvillette:Was it your idea to send that letter to a Melusine?
多梅尼科:……
Domenico:...
那维莱特:埃桑已经坦白了,在这件事上你没有必要隐瞒。
Neuvillette:Esseim has already confessed, so there really isn't any need to keep hiding.
多梅尼科:那个混蛋——枉我那么信任他!
Domenico:That idiot... I can't believe I trusted him!
那维莱特:我再问一遍:给美露莘送威胁信是你的主意,对吗?
Neuvillette:Let me ask this another way: It was your idea to send that threat letter, correct?
多梅尼科:…是。
Domenico:...Yes.
那维莱特:你背后是谁?
Neuvillette:Who is pulling your strings?
多梅尼科:什么?
Domenico:What?
多梅尼科:你——你们该不会是想把什么案件栽赃到我头上吧?
Domenico:Y—You're not trying to frame me for something I haven't done, are you?
那维莱特:……
Neuvillette:...
莱欧斯利:认清自己的处境,最高审判官正在亲自调查你的案件。
Wriothesley:It's best if you realize the gravity of your situation. The Chief Justice of Fontaine has been personally investigating your case.
莱欧斯利:前不久你试图在梅洛彼得堡聚众闹事,应该也与此有关吧。
Wriothesley:I assume your previous attempt to incite unrest at the Fortress of Meropide has something to do with this as well.
多梅尼科:我…我承认我是有点冲动…我可以说实话,但你们要保证我的人身安全。
Domenico:I... I admit I acted on impulse... I'll tell you the truth... but before that, you must ensure my safety.
那维莱特:我可以保证。
Neuvillette:I can do that.
莱欧斯利:放心,我们是很讲道理的。
Wriothesley:You see? We're all reasonable people here.
多梅尼科:我…最初只是做点小生意,有人找我帮他们「运货」,并且承诺给我一大笔钱。
Domenico:I only intended to do some small business at first. Someone contacted me about delivering some goods and promised me a generous sum of Mora in return.
多梅尼科:运了几趟之后,逐影庭突然找到了我,说货物是违禁品。我被抓了起来,然后遭受了审判——
Domenico:After making a few trips, I was suddenly approached by the Marechaussee Phantom... They accused me of smuggling prohibited items, and I was put on trial—
多梅尼科:但是我不服,不是有句话叫「不知者不罪」吗?我,我怀疑有人故意把我流放到这里,好贪掉我手上的货…
Domenico:But I refuse to accept any of that. The ignorant can be rightfully absolved from guilt, right? Well, I suspect that someone got me locked up here so they could get their hands on my goods...
那维莱特:……
Neuvillette:...
莱欧斯利:……
Wriothesley:...
派蒙:该不会…你就是因为这样的理由,决定报复美露莘?
Paimon:And then you decided to take revenge on the Melusines... over that?
【选项1】
旅行者:「不知者不罪」不是借口。
Traveler: Ignorance is not an excuse, by the way.
【选项2】
旅行者:感觉没救了。
Traveler: You're hopeless.
多梅尼科:我原本的目标是那维莱特,梅洛彼得堡的罪人都是他审判的。那些罪人们一定有许多不满,如果能联合他们闹事…
Domenico:My initial target was Neuvillette. Everyone in the Fortress of Meropide was declared guilty by him, after all, so they must more or less hold a grudge against him, right? If I could get them to strike back...
多梅尼科:但是不知为何,并没有人愿意配合我。尤其是那个互助会,一帮小角色而已,居然也敢和我叫板…
Domenico:But for some reason, no one wanted to team up with me. That... Mutual Aid Network, in particular. What did those nobodies even gain from trying to challenge me, seriously...
多梅尼科:我左思右想,只能从美露莘身上找回场子。
Domenico:In the end, I had to redirect my focus onto Melusines to salvage things.
多梅尼科:我想起当初就是那个基娅拉带人查封了我的货,所以就找了个好说话的看守,恳求他帮我送一封家书出去…
Domenico:I recalled that Kiara was the one who confiscated my goods for inspection, so I asked one of the more approachable guards to send a letter, claiming that I meant to contact my family...
多梅尼科:但信中其实是让埃桑给基娅拉写威胁信,想逼迫基娅拉退出逐影庭…
Domenico:But the letter was in fact addressed to Esseim. I requested that he write a threat letter to Kiara and force her to resign from the Marechaussee Phantom...
那维莱特:以上这些,都是你自己的想法是吗?这期间你有没有接触什么可疑的人?
Neuvillette:Am I to assume that the claims you've made are your own thoughts? Have you been in contact with any suspicious people recently?
多梅尼科:没有。
Domenico:No.
那维莱特:委托你运货的人,真的全部落网了吗?
Neuvillette:Is it true that all members involved in the smuggling scandal have been caught?
多梅尼科:是的…我只知道这么多了。
Domenico:Yes... and that's all I know.
那维莱特:……
Neuvillette:...
莱欧斯利:…护士长,你先把多梅尼科带回看守那边吧,等会儿再处置他。
Wriothesley:Sigewinne, please take him back to the detention center. I'll deal with him later.
希格雯将多梅尼科带离现场。
Sigewinne leads Domenico away from the scene.
莱欧斯利:所以,那维莱特先生原本是担心有某种势力想借对付美露莘来制造更大的风波,对吗?
Wriothesley:So, Monsieur Neuvillette, you were concerned that there might be a shadowy faction looking to capitalize on the delicate situation with the Melusines to stir up greater chaos?
那维莱特:嗯。我经历过相似的事情,不得不防范这种可能性。
Neuvillette:Yes. I experienced a similar incident in the past, so I had to be prepared for any possibility.
莱欧斯利:所谓「相似的事情」,大概是多久之前的事了?
Wriothesley:And how long ago was this incident?
那维莱特:四百多年前。
Neuvillette:More than four hundred years.
莱欧斯利:我觉得是你多虑了。
Wriothesley:You might be overthinking this.
莱欧斯利:时间会改变很多东西,如今一切都不同了。
Wriothesley:Time can change a lot of things. Everything's different now.
那维莱特:你是指什么?
Neuvillette:What do you mean?
莱欧斯利:四百多年前,无论是你,还是你带来的美露莘,对枫丹的人类社会来说都是异类。
Wriothesley:Four hundred years ago, you and the Melusines you brought to Fontaine were the outliers in society.
莱欧斯利:但时至今日,如果有人威胁美露莘,人们应该不会坐视不管,他们会做出与从前不同的选择。
Wriothesley:But in the present day, if someone were to threaten the safety of the Melusines, people wouldn't just sit back and do nothing. I trust that they would make different choices from before.
派蒙:的确。我们回沫芒宫的时候,看到很多人自发地保护美露莘呢!
Paimon:That's right! We saw lots of people standing up for Melusines on our way back to the Palais Mermonia!
莱欧斯利:那维莱特,美露莘是你亲自带到枫丹的种族。民众对待她们的态度,其实反映了社会对你的看法。
Wriothesley:Monsieur Neuvillette, the Melusines are a species you introduced to Fontaine. How the public treats them is also reflective of their attitude towards you.
莱欧斯利:过去的民众不信任美露莘,本质上也是因为他们在观望你这位外来的最高审判官。
Wriothesley:When people refused to place their trust in Melusines, it was because they were still on the fence about you — their unfamiliar Chief Justice.
莱欧斯利:将近五百年的时间,你公正地执行了每一场审判。无论法庭中上演了怎样的闹剧,你都做出了正确的裁决。
Wriothesley:For almost five hundred years, you've conducted every trial with impartiality. You made the right judgment each time regardless of whatever nonsense went on.
莱欧斯利:如今民众不再对你有任何疑虑,甚至视你为律法的象征。
Wriothesley:People no longer have any reservations about you and even consider you a symbol of the law.
莱欧斯利:现在你所做的每个决定都会影响到整个枫丹,或者说,你已经潜移默化地改变了这个国家。
Wriothesley:Right now, your every decision will impact all of Fontaine. In other words, you've gradually transformed the whole nation.
派蒙:原来是这样,所以才没有多少人愿意与多梅尼科合作…
Paimon:Paimon gets it now. No wonder no one wanted to join forces with Domenico...
旅行者:当初的悲剧已经不会再发生了。
Traveler:Tragedies like that won't ever happen again.
那维莱特:这份称赞对我来说太过沉重。在我看来,我只是在完成自己的「职责」而已。
Neuvillette:I am undeserving of such high compliments. From my perspective, I have simply been fulfilling my duties.
那维莱特:不值得夸耀,也没什么特别。我是在兑现过去的承诺,同时借审判来寻找答案。
Neuvillette:It isn't anything special or worthy of praise. I'm simply fulfilling the promises I've made and searching for answers through my judgments.
那维莱特:我不该得到这样的「尊敬」…人类的情感与意志比我复杂许多,坦率地说,我认为自己更需要尊敬你们。
Neuvillette:It's unnecessary to hold me in such high regard... The complexity of human emotions and willpower far exceed those of mine. As a matter of fact, I believe that you are the ones who deserve my respect.
莱欧斯利:不必如此谦虚,现状已经说明了一切。
Wriothesley:Ah, there's no need to be so modest. The current state of affairs says it all.
莱欧斯利:你已经不是当初那个外来者了,现在的你就算想单独调查一件事,也会有许多和你有关的人主动参与进来。
Wriothesley:You're no longer that outsider you were before. Even if you wished to investigate something on your own, many would take the initiative to lend you a hand.
那维莱特:有道理,至少这一点我无法反驳。
Neuvillette:I must say that you've made a fair point.
那维莱特:感谢你为我解惑。事情顺利解决,我也准备告辞了。
Neuvillette:Thank you for clearing my doubts. Now that the case has been settled, I should get going.
派蒙:咦!现在就走吗?
Paimon:Huh? You're leaving?
莱欧斯利:这就走了,不留下喝杯茶?
Wriothesley:And so soon, too? Why not stay for a cup of tea?
那维莱特:不必客气,我知道规矩的。
Neuvillette:Thank you for the offer, but I know how this place works all too well.
那维莱特:这里有诚心赎罪的人,但也肯定有对我心怀怨恨的人。
Neuvillette:While some are here to redeem themselves, there will inevitably be those who harbor resentment towards me.
那维莱特:我在这里停留的时间越短越好,不然可能会引发骚乱。
Neuvillette:The less time I spend here, the better. My presence could very well result in an unwanted disturbance.
莱欧斯利:那看来只能由我来「违规」了。还有两件小事。
Wriothesley:In that case, I'll have to insist. I still have two more things to say.
那维莱特:请讲。
Neuvillette:Please go ahead.
莱欧斯利:一个是关于帮多梅尼科送信的那名看守…
Wriothesley:The first is about the guard who helped Domenico send that letter...
那维莱特:啊,我明白了。
Neuvillette:Ah, I know of what you speak.
那维莱特:看守虽然是沫芒宫派来的人员,但我也说过这次拜访算是我的私事。交给你处理吧。
Neuvillette:The guard was indeed deployed from the Palais Mermonia's staff. However, as I mentioned earlier, I visited today on personal business. Therefore, I leave that matter in your hands.
莱欧斯利:那就好办了。
Wriothesley:Well, that makes things a lot easier.
旅行者:你是想…
Traveler:You're not going to...
莱欧斯利:没有,别想夸张了。
Wriothesley:Hey now, don't let your imagination run wild.
莱欧斯利:从水上来的人相对来说更容易心生同情,但这种想法在水下的世界里非常危险。
Wriothesley:Those from up there have a tendency to sympathize with others. However, down here, such thoughts will put you at high risk.
莱欧斯利:我会找那名看守聊聊,强调些注意事项。
Wriothesley:I'll have a chat with the guard and remind him to take precautions in the future.
那维莱特:我没什么问题。
Neuvillette:I see no issues with that.
派蒙:太好了,一件事情解决!那另一件呢?
Paimon:Great, that's one thing out of the way! What's the other thing you wanted to say?
莱欧斯利:另一件呢,则出于我的个人好奇心。我听说你们刚刚调查了「互助会」的事?
Wriothesley:The other thing was born from my own sense of curiosity. Now, I've heard that you investigated the Mutual Aid Network. Is that right?
派蒙:是呀,因为那维莱特说他们戴的徽章很眼熟…
Paimon:Yep. Neuvillette thought their badges looked familiar...
莱欧斯利:这个小帮派我接手梅洛彼得堡的时候就注意到了,他们体量不大,但一直在做力所能及的正义之事。
Wriothesley:I noticed the small gang as well, when I first took over the Fortress of Meropide. They were not great in number, but every member always made sure to stand up for what was right.
莱欧斯利:我查过他们的创始人——也就是当初接受审判后,被关押在这里的沃特林。
Wriothesley:I've looked into their founder — Vautrin — who once stood trial and was sentenced to imprisonment in the Fortress.
莱欧斯利:根据现存的档案记载,此人在服刑期间一直服从管教,直至离世也从未有过过激行为或言论。
Wriothesley:According to existing documentation, Vautrin remained disciplined throughout his imprisonment. He had never once engaged in physical or verbal aggression.
莱欧斯利:——也就是说,他在水下的态度,与他在庭审现场的表现大相径庭。
Wriothesley:In other words, how he presented himself in prison was very different from his behavior in court.
那维莱特:什么?
Neuvillette:What?
旅行者:他不憎恨那维莱特吗?
Traveler:Doesn't he hate Neuvillette?
那维莱特:在审判的时候,我察觉到他的情感很复杂。他看起来充满恨意,也确实有憎恶我的理由。
Neuvillette:During his trial, I could sense that his feelings were complicated. He appeared to be full of resentment, and I believed he had every right to feel that way.
莱欧斯利:我猜…那也许只是一种表演。
Wriothesley:Perhaps he had been putting on an act.
派蒙:表演?
Paimon:An act?
莱欧斯利:那维莱特先生与沃特林曾经是关系紧密的上下级,沃特林一定知道最高审判官必会做出无私心的判决。
Wriothesley:Neuvillette and Vautrin had a close relationship as superior and subordinate. Vautrin must've known that the Chief Justice would make an impartial judgment.
莱欧斯利:而他越是表现出憎恨的情感,出席那场审判的人就越能直观地感受和认可你的公正。
Wriothesley:Thus, the more resentment he displayed, the clearer it would be to those present that you were upholding justice.
莱欧斯利:——对于当时还在观望的民众来说,这很有意义。
Wriothesley:And to those who had been sitting on the fence, Vautrin's act was a very meaningful one.
那维莱特:……
Neuvillette:...
莱欧斯利:我的两件事说完了。大家还有其他要讲的吗?抓住机会。
Wriothesley:That's all from me. Does anyone else have anything to say? Now's your chance.
那维莱特:我没有要说的了——除了感谢以外。
Neuvillette:I don't have anything to say — apart from expressing my gratitude, that is.
那维莱特:我们回去吧,不必送了。
Neuvillette:Well then, let us head back. No need to see us off.
莱欧斯利:各位慢走。
Wriothesley:Please take care.
跟随那维莱特 Follow Neuvillette
那维莱特:我很少提起过去的那场审判。但在我心里,其实一直都对卡萝蕾与沃特林的事感到悲恸。
Neuvillette:That trial is something I rarely bring up in conversation, but I've always felt deep regret for what happened to both Carole and Vautrin.
那维莱特:沃特林在审判庭说的话时常在我脑中回响,让我觉得自己必须做些什么…
Neuvillette:The words he spoke in court often replay in my mind, as if urging me on to do something...
派蒙:但根据公爵的说法, 他并没有怨恨你呀,这不是挺好的吗?
Paimon:But Wriothesley said he never resented you, right? Isn't that a good thing?
那维莱特:莱欧斯利的观点,我基本理解了。
Neuvillette:I believe I now understand what he wanted to tell me.
那维莱特:那些话让我心情复杂。我不知道该怎么形容,惊讶、欣慰、惶恐、愧疚…许多情绪混合在一起,我终于能够理解一些东西了。
Neuvillette:I feel conflicted about those words. How should I describe it... Surprise, relief, fear, and regret... But this blend of emotions has led me to finally understand some things.
那维莱特:我也想听听你们的看法。在你们眼中,我又是什么样子呢?
Neuvillette:I would like to hear your thoughts, too. What do you think of me?
与那维莱特对话 Talk to Neuvillette
派蒙:嗯…我觉得公爵说的那些很对呀。
Paimon:Paimon agrees with everything Wriothesley said.
派蒙:作为最高审判官,你主持的每一场审判都会影响到枫丹,是这样吧…旅行者,你觉得呢?
Paimon:As Chief Justice, every single one of your trials makes an impact on Fontaine... What do you think, Traveler?
派蒙:喂——旅行者,你在想什么呀?
Paimon:Heyyy, Traveler! Any comments?
旅行者:我在想——
Traveler:What I really think is...
旅行者:一场又一场的审判,是否也在反过来影响你呢?
Traveler:Every trial you've ever judged has left its impression on you. And that's what makes you who you are today.
旅行者:(身为水元素龙王的那维莱特仍然按照固有印象称自己为「局外人」…)
Traveler:(As the Hydro Dragon Sovereign, Neuvillette still thinks of himself as an outsider due to his identity...)
旅行者:(但是在经历了如此漫长的时间后,也许他与人类之间的边界早就已经模糊了吧。)
Traveler:(But so much time has passed since then... Perhaps the lines between him and humans have long since blurred.)
那维莱特:…有道理。
Neuvillette:...That is indeed a reasonable assumption.
那维莱特:我说过,我不擅长表露情感…是因为我没办法完全理解自己。
Neuvillette:As I said, I find it difficult to express my emotions... because I cannot fully understand myself.
那维莱特:不过我相信你的判断。不知从何时开始,我的身上出现了一些「变化」。
Neuvillette:But I trust your judgment. Since some time ago, I've begun to notice the changes that have occurred upon my person.
那维莱特:也许这些改变并不是某个具体的事件造成的,而是来源于时间本身。
Neuvillette:These changes were not due to any specific occurrence, but emerged as a result of time itself.
那维莱特:我会认真思考这个问题,谢谢你们。
Neuvillette:I will try to contemplate this further. Thank you both.
你们一行人并肩走在街上,突然下起了雨。派蒙惊呼,拉着你朝前方跑去。
雨水打在那维莱特身上,他再次体会到了蕴含在水中的情感与记忆。
他在雨中缓缓前行,五百年间经历的人与事,一幕幕在他眼前浮现。
「在人的社会中,你会见到许多开心的事、不开心的事…」
「总有一天你会容纳足够多的过去,那时候,你将有资格代表枫丹的『历史』来审判一切。」
在街道的尽头,美露莘卡萝蕾与人类警察沃特林站在那里,笑着跟他打招呼。
「早安,那维莱特大人。雨季快结束了啊,听说最近几天就要放晴了。」
「希望晴天可以给您带来一份好心情。」
那维莱特抬起头,太阳穿透云层,世界重新恢复了色彩。
你和派蒙在不远处笑着朝他招手,似乎在催促他快点跟上来。
As you walk together down the street, the sky suddenly begins pouring rain. Paimon cries out amid the sudden downpour, and drags you ahead.
As the rain drenches Neuvillette, he feels the memories and emotions within the water once more.
He walks slowly forward, as over five centuries of people and experiences wash over him, flashing before his eyes.
"You will see much in the human world, from the delightful to the depressing..."
"And one day, when you have dwelt among humanity long enough, you will be placed to bring judgment over all, as the spokesperson for Fontaine's past."
The Melusine Carole and the human Garde Vautrin are standing at the end of the street, smiling as they wave at him.
"Good morning, Monsieur Neuvillette! The rainy season's almost over... The skies are supposed to clear in a few days."
"I hope you find time to enjoy the sunny days ahead."
Neuvillette looks up, and the sunlight pierces through the clouds as color returns to the world.
You and Paimon are smiling and waving nearby, as though urging him onward to catch up.
与夏洛蒂对话 Talk to Charlotte
克洛琳德:麻烦解决了吗?
Clorinde:Is the matter resolved?
派蒙:我们找到寄威胁信的人啦,莱欧斯利说会对他严加看守,现在应该安全了。
Paimon:Yup! We found the person who sent that threatening letter. Wriothesley told us he'd keep a close eye on him, so the Melusines should be safe now.
娜维娅:太好了。
Navia:Oh, that's wonderful!
那维莱特:很抱歉,把你们也卷进来了。
Neuvillette:Sorry for dragging you all into this.
克洛琳德:无需道歉。
Clorinde:There's no need to apologize.
娜维娅:是啊,与其说卷进来,不如说是我们擅自参与进来的。
Navia:Yeah, you didn't drag us in. We got involved of our own accord.
派蒙:对了,克洛琳德,基娅拉呢?
Paimon:By the way, where's Kiara?
克洛琳德:在沫芒厅。刚刚有超过五十人自愿保护她,甚至有人藏在路边的花丛中警戒。
Clorinde:At the Palais Mermonia. More than fifty people offered to protect her — some even hid within the bushes to look out for danger.
克洛琳德:我担心太多人加入反而会给她造成困扰,所以先将她安置在沫芒厅了,那里很安全。
Clorinde:I was worried that the excess of protection would make her feel uneasy, so I asked her to stay inside the Palais. It's very safe in there.
派蒙:呼…那我就放心啦。
Paimon:Phew, what a relief!
夏洛蒂:看来事情告一段落了?
Charlotte:Well now, it looks like the dust has finally settled!
夏洛蒂:作为庆祝——那维莱特先生有没有兴趣接受一个独家专访?
Charlotte:To celebrate this joyous occasion... Monsieur Neuvillette, would you be interested in an exclusive interview?
派蒙:没有这种庆祝方式啦!
Paimon:That's not how you celebrate!
那维莱特:可以考虑。
Neuvillette:I will consider it.
夏洛蒂:啊?真的吗?
Charlotte:gasp Really!?
那维莱特:当然。不过我接下来的日程很满,就定在下个月吧。
Neuvillette:Of course. My schedule is full for the following weeks, but I should be available next month.
那维莱特:在那之前,你可以收集一些问题,我会予以必要的解答。
Neuvillette:Come up with questions during the intervening days, and I will answer them to the best of my ability.
夏洛蒂:……
Charlotte:...
夏洛蒂:……
Charlotte:...
夏洛蒂:太好啦!!
Charlotte:Yes! Thank you so much, Monsieur!
那维莱特:现在,请允许我先告辞。我准备回沫芒宫签署命令,公开这一次的调查结果。
Neuvillette:Now, if you'll excuse me, I must head back to the Palais and issue a communique to publicize our investigation results.
那维莱特:这样民众也不需要再担心了。
Neuvillette:I hope it will assuage the concerns of all.
返回沫芒宫 Return to the Palais Mermonia
与基娅拉对话 Talk to Kiara
基娅拉:呼…呼…
Kiara:Zzz...
那维莱特:基娅拉?
Neuvillette:Kiara?
基娅拉:那维莱特大人?不好意思,我刚刚不小心睡过去啦。
Kiara:Ah, Monsieur Neuvillette? Sorry, I accidentally fell asleep.
那维莱特:没关系。我想告诉你,寄威胁信的人我们已经查到了,你现在很安全。
Neuvillette:It's alright. I'm here to tell you that we've caught the sender of that threatening letter. You're safe now.
基娅拉:谢谢您,那维莱特大人。
Kiara:Thank you, Monsieur.
基娅拉:还有旅行者哥哥/姐姐和派蒙姐姐,谢谢你们。我一直都觉得自己很安全,大家对我都很好…
Kiara:And thank you too, Traveler and Big Sis Paimon. Everyone's been so nice to me, so I've always felt really safe.
那维莱特:寄威胁信的人名叫多梅尼科,你还记得这个名字吗?
Neuvillette:Do you remember Domenico? He was the sender of that letter.
基娅拉:我想想…记不清啦。我记忆力不是很好,经常忘事…
Kiara:Let me think... I can't remember. My memory isn't that good, so I easily forget things...
基娅拉:比起这个,我刚刚梦到卡萝蕾姐姐了。奇怪,卡萝蕾姐姐去哪了?好像好久没见到她了。
Kiara:By the way, I saw Carole in my dreams just now. Hmm... where's she gone, by the way? I haven't seen her in a long time.
派蒙:……
Paimon:...
基娅拉:不过梦里的她很开心喔,还拉着我的手说:「基娅拉,我们的梦想实现啦!」
Kiara:In my dream, she looked really happy. She held my hand and said: "Kiara, our dreams have finally come true!"
基娅拉:我想不起来她的梦想是什么了。但是不知道为什么,我也很开心。
Kiara:I can't remember what our dreams were anymore, and I don't know why, but I felt really happy too.
那维莱特:我能感受到你的喜悦。这确实是一件值得高兴的事情。
Neuvillette:I can sense your joy. It is indeed a delightful moment.
基娅拉:嘿嘿…那维莱特大人也感到高兴吗?太好了。
Kiara:Hehe... Monsieur Neuvillette, are you happy too?
基娅拉:啊!对了,现在我可以外出了吗?
Kiara:Ooh, I almost forgot! Am I allowed to go out now?
基娅拉:我和爱洛芙姐姐约好了,要去当「模特」呢!
Kiara:I promised to model for Eloffe!
那维莱特:当然可以,放心去吧。
Neuvillette:Of course — off you go.
基娅拉:那我走啦。下次再见,那维莱特大人、旅行者哥哥/姐姐、派蒙姐姐!
Kiara:See you next time, Monsieur, Traveler, and Big Sis Paimon!
那维莱特:嗯…下次再见。
Neuvillette:Mm... See you next time.
最后更新于