以「檐帽会」为傲 The Proud "Beret Society"

聊天中,你们知晓了名为「檐帽会」的组织,正在为迷茫或孤独的罪人提供帮助。莱欧斯利提议一同去看看这些人平时的生活。 Through your conversation, you learn of an organization known as the "Beret Society" that provides support for prisoners who feel helpless and

前往「檐帽会」的休息处 Go to the Beret Society's gathering place

杜吉耶:公爵大人您好,我与「檐帽会」的各位在此处恭候多时了。

Dougier:We are honored by your visit, Your Grace. All of us at the Society have been waiting for your arrival.

杜吉耶:这边的两位是您的客人吗?

Dougier:Are these two your guests?

莱欧斯利:嗯,我来介绍吧。这位是「檐帽会」的会长,杜吉耶,这里是他们的休息处。

Wriothesley:Mm-hmm. Let me introduce you to them. Traveler, this is Dougier, the head of the Beret Society. This is their gathering place.

莱欧斯利:「檐帽会」在这里提供各种饮料和点心,也有种类繁多的书籍可供取阅。

Wriothesley:Members can find all sorts of drinks and snacks here, as well as a large variety of books and other resources.

莱欧斯利:他们还会不定期地举办活动与演讲,每到这样的时候这里总会热闹非凡。

Wriothesley:Every once in a while, the Society will also host activities and seminars, which are always well-attended.

杜吉耶:公爵大人过奖了,我们只是参考了同好协会的形式,在梅洛彼得堡也组织了一个类似的团体而已。

Dougier:You flatter me, Your Grace. All we did was set up an organization in the same way as you would in the world above.

杜吉耶:因为大家刚来这里的时候人生地不熟,难免会觉得无助与孤独,我也经历过那种时期。

Dougier:It's so easy to feel lonely and helpless when you arrive here for the first time. I remember that feeling all too well. None of us knew anything about this place then, after all.

杜吉耶:我就在想,与其在这里也像过去那样浑浑噩噩,为什么不让大家有机会改变呢?

Dougier:But that's when the thought came to me. If we could help everyone turn over a new leaf, they would no longer have to lead such gloomy existences.

杜吉耶:在公爵大人的帮助下,「檐帽会」就这么成立了。

Dougier:Thus, it was with your help that I founded the Beret Society.

派蒙:还有你的事呢?

Paimon:Oh, so you were also involved with this, Wriothesley?

莱欧斯利:说的这么夸张,其实我只是按照流程通过了审批而已。

Wriothesley:Ah, my part in this was minimal. All I did was follow procedure and rubber stamp the application.

莱欧斯利:你们应该也有点熟悉这个地方了,大部分人还是自由散漫,不情不愿地度过每一天。

Wriothesley:I'm sure you have a very good sense of what this place is about by now. As you know, not everyone takes their sentence seriously — for some, this is just another place where they can eat, breathe, and sleep.

莱欧斯利:但对于真心忏悔,想要改变自己的人来说,我觉得「檐帽会」是个很好的选择。

Wriothesley:But the Society is a great place for those who wish to turn things around.

杜吉耶:是的,互相监督,互相提醒,不仅能改变精神状态,还能交到新的朋友。

Dougier:Exactly right. Here, we'll keep an eye on each other, and remind each other of our goals. Everyone can focus on rehabilitating our mental states, and even make many new friends.

杜吉耶:组织的运营全靠成员自愿捐助的物品和「特许券」,包括这里大多数的东西都是这么来的。

Dougier:Our operations are entirely funded by members' donated goods and Credit Coupons. Same for the things you see here.

派蒙:居然在梅洛彼得堡会有这种地方…

Paimon:Who knew you could find such a place in the Fortress of Meropide...

派蒙:对了,为什么是「檐帽」呢?

Paimon:Oh, right, and what's the deal with the hats?

杜吉耶:哈哈,没有什么特别的原因,只是我觉得组织需要一个记忆点嘛。

Dougier:Ah, there's nothing deep about it. I just felt like we needed some kind of visible identifier.

杜吉耶:如果在「檐帽会」的生活让人特别快乐与自豪,那么这顶帽子也是令人自豪的象征。

Dougier:If our members felt joy and pride from being a part of this group, then the hats would become a point of pride for them as well.

杜吉耶:大家聚集在一起,看到同样的帽子,成员们也会有更强的归属感。

Dougier:And when we're together, we will feel a sense of community from seeing everyone's hats.

杜吉耶:乐观,勤奋,互相帮助,追求新生…我希望这顶帽子能向梅洛彼得堡的人传达我们的态度。

Dougier:Optimism, community, hard work, and a desire for a new life... I hope this hat will show everyone everything we have been working towards.

莱欧斯利:简单来说,看到这顶帽子就会联想到优等生的形象,这也有利于他们招募新人。

Wriothesley:In other words, that hat has come to represent something like a model citizen, which also helps them recruit new members.

杜吉耶:公爵大人说的是,当然也有这方面的打算。我们别站着了,先过来坐吧。

Dougier:Once again, you are exactly right, Your Grace. That's a part of our goal as well. Let's take a little 'ol seat over here — there's no need for us to stand.

杜吉耶:我让他们准备几杯饮料,请稍等片刻。两位客人如果好奇的话,也可以四处看看。

Dougier:I'll ask the members to get us some drinks. Please wait just one moment. Feel free to look around, too, if you want to learn more about us.

【选项1】

旅行者:你和他约好了?

Traveler: So, this meeting was planned all along?

【选项2】

旅行者:他说恭候多时…

Traveler: He said they had been waiting for a while...

派蒙:对哦,难道不是顺便过来看看吗?

Paimon:Oh, right! What happened to your slow day, Wriothesley?

莱欧斯利:哎呀,被逮到了。看来不能忽视冒险家的眼力,下次做坏事时得引以为鉴。

Wriothesley:Seems like I shouldn't underestimate an adventurer's keen sense of observation. I'll bear that in mind the next time I need to do something low key...

莱欧斯利:开玩笑的。我们只是商量一些小事而已,不会花太多时间。

Wriothesley:Kidding of course. We're just discussing some small matters. It shouldn't take long.

莱欧斯利:这里的情况刚刚也简单介绍了,比起我继续讲解,还是亲眼看看更有意思吧。

Wriothesley:We've also already gone over the organization's vision. Instead of listening to me try to explain some more, maybe it'd be better if you took a look around for yourself.

派蒙:怎么感觉让他把话绕过去了…算了,我是没什么所谓。

Paimon:Why does Paimon feel like he didn't answer the question at all... Eh. Well, we're already here, aren't we?

旅行者:随便看看吧。

Traveler:Yeah, might as well take a look.

派蒙:嗯,见识一下优等生的休息处。

Paimon:Yeah, they're supposed to be like, the model prisoners, right? So this is what their spot looks like...

与「檐帽会」成员随便聊聊 Chat with the members of the Beret Society

派蒙:嘿,你在这里干什么呢?

Paimon:Hey, what are you doing over here?

布尔米耶:哦,你们好,你们是公爵大人带来的客人是吧。我正在整理书架,你们想看看吗?

Boulmier:Oh, hello, you are guests of the Duke, are you not? I'm organizing the bookshelves. Want to take a look?

布尔米耶:除了一些经典书籍之外,这里有很多书都是「檐帽会」成员自己写的。

Boulmier:We've got some classics, as well as a few books that the members published themselves.

旅行者:你们还写书?

Traveler:There are writers in the Society?

布尔米耶:是的,大多都是日记形式,记录自己在「檐帽会」逐渐产生的变化。

Boulmier:Yeah. Most of them are writing diaries or autobiographies on their time in the organization.

布尔米耶:有人戒了酒,有人学会了裁缝,有人练出了一手好字,就连我也学会了怎么留影…

Boulmier:Some quit drinking, some learned to tailor, some became real good at calligraphy, and even I’ve learned to use a Kamera...

布尔米耶:我们都开玩笑说,要是在地面上,这是一辈子都不可能花时间去认真做的事。

Boulmier:Hah, we find it kind of funny, you see, had we managed to stay above ground, none of us would have ever had the time to learn any of those skills.

派蒙:因为空闲时间变多了?

Paimon:Ah, it's all because you have a lot more free time now...

布尔米耶:不只是如此,以前我们都没有什么尝试新东西的想法,活着就已经很累了。

Boulmier:Not only that, but we've also now got the mental space to think about taking on new things. Before we came here, we were constantly exhausted just trying to live.

布尔米耶:但在这里,公爵大人和会长把我们的生活安排得井井有条,我们只需要思考想干什么。

Boulmier:With how the Duke and Mr. Dougier have organized our lives down here, though, all we need to do is think about the things that we want to do.

布尔米耶:如果不尝试,怎么知道自己有什么长处呢?

Boulmier:You never know what you may be good at until you give it a try.

布尔米耶:而且在这个地方,无论摆弄什么,都不会有人用世俗的眼光指责你,因为也没必要合群嘛。

Boulmier:And while you're here, no matter what you do, you won't get judged for it. After all, there's no need to conform to societal expectations when you're already in jail.

派蒙:听上去,像是个避风港。

Paimon:So this is something like a safe space...

布尔米耶:是啊,也不是每个人都擅长体力活,或者喜欢打架。有「檐帽会」真是帮大忙了。

Boulmier:Yeah, that's exactly right. After all, not everyone is good at fighting, or have the physical strength to do hard labor. The Society is exactly what some of us need.

布尔米耶:正好这里我也打扫完了,你们想看的话就随意拿取吧。哦,要记得原位放回哦?

Boulmier:And that's it, I just finished organizing this shelf as well, so feel free to check it out if you want. Just remember to put the books back after you're done!

派蒙:好啦,放心吧。

Paimon:Don't worry, we will!

与「檐帽会」成员随便聊聊 Chat with the members of the Beret Society

奥瑟莱:欢迎光临「檐帽会」的休息处,有什么需要我讲解的地方吗?

Aucelet:Welcome to our gathering place. Is there anything you'd like me to explain to you?

派蒙:我们就是随便看看,没关系啦。

Paimon:Oh, it's okay, we're just taking a look around...

【选项1】

旅行者:听上去像美露莘导游。

Traveler: You sound a bit like a Melusine guide.

【选项2】

旅行者:听上去像商店的导购。

Traveler: You sound a bit like a salesperson in a shop.

奥瑟莱:呵呵,这么说没错,我的工作就是为新加入的成员介绍「檐帽会」的各种设施与福利。

Aucelet:Well, that's not a bad comparison. It is my job to explain our amenities and benefits to our latest members.

奥瑟莱:相信会长已经做过一些介绍了,我再来补充说明一下吧。

Aucelet:I'm sure Mr. Dougier has already explained some of it, but allow me to fill you in some more.

奥瑟莱:除了各位所在的休息处,我们还设置了娱乐室,保健室,自习处等多个房间。

Aucelet:Besides this space, which our members use to rest and relax, we also have an entertainment room, a fitness room, and a self-study room.

奥瑟莱:每一位成员都可以自由使用,充分享受工作之外的自由时间。

Aucelet:These rooms are open to all of our members. We want everyone to be able to use their free time to the fullest.

派蒙:听上去挺不错啊,你们有餐厅吗?这样就不需要吃特许食堂了。

Paimon:Wow, that's pretty cool! Do you have a restaurant, too? If you did, you also wouldn't have to eat at the big cafeteria anymore...

奥瑟莱:抱歉,这个没有,生活方面的支持还是由公爵大人全权负责。

Aucelet:Unfortunately, we don't. For matters like that, we still have to rely on His Grace.

奥瑟莱:不过我们和特许食堂也有合作,可以借用他们的厨房进行简单的烹饪研究。

Aucelet:We started a collaboration with the Cafeteria a while back, though, so they'll let us borrow their kitchen to do some simple research into recipes and cooking.

旅行者:挺周全的。

Traveler:You've really thought of everything.

派蒙:对啊,能加入这种地方的话,赎罪的日子也不会那么难熬了。

Paimon:Yeah, Paimon can definitely see how it'd be easier to live your life if you had all this support.

奥瑟莱:嗯,这也是会长创立「檐帽会」的初衷。

Aucelet:Yep, and that's exactly why Mr. Dougier founded the Society.

奥瑟莱:我们都认为加入这个组织的选择是非常正确的。

Aucelet:We all think we made the correct choice to join him.

与「檐帽会」成员随便聊聊 Chat with the members of the Beret Society

里加斯:嘿,新来的!

Rigas:Hey, you there, newbie!

派蒙:哦,哦哦?!叫、叫我吗?

Paimon:Uh, hello? Are you talking to Paimon?

里加斯:没错,像我一样,深呼吸,然后把所有的声音都放出来。

Rigas:Yep, I'm talking to you. Now, why don't you follow my lead and take a deep breath, before letting everything out like this?

里加斯:喝啊——!

Rigas:Hah—!

派蒙:呜哇?!

Paimon:Eek!

【选项1】

旅行者:你在干什么?

Traveler: What are you doing?

【选项2】

旅行者:好吵。

Traveler: That was really loud.

里加斯:哈哈,这是我每天为自己打气的办法,我还有好多朋友都觉得它很管用。

Rigas:Haha, that's how I pump myself up every day. A lot of my friends have found it super useful, too.

里加斯:把疲劳,压抑和不愉快,都用这种方法丢出身体之外,这样就能精神抖擞地迎接新的一天!

Rigas:With one shout, you can release all the fatigue, resentment and unpleasantness from your lungs, and return to the day with all the optimism in the world!

里加斯:你们也试试吧,保证管用。

Rigas:Why don't you also give it a try? I promise that it will work!

派蒙:不、不了吧…

Paimon:P—Paimon's gonna pass...

里加斯:哈哈哈,还害羞起来了。没关系,只要记住我教你们的方法,总有一天能用上的。

Rigas:Hahaha, feeling shy? That's alright. As long as you remember this trick, it will come in handy one day.

里加斯:遇到困难的时候,就深呼吸大声喊出来吧,哈哈哈哈。

Rigas:Just remember to take a deep breath and let it all out if you find yourself at your wit's end.

与莱欧斯利交谈 Talk to Wriothesley

派蒙:总算是聊了一圈,感觉大家的状态都很不错。

Paimon:Alright, we've talked to everybody... It sure sounds like they're all pretty happy.

派蒙:难怪莱欧斯利对这个「檐帽会」赞赏有加。

Paimon:That would explain why Wriothesley only had good things to say about this place.

派蒙:欸,好像他和杜吉耶也聊得差不多了,我们回去看看吧。

Paimon:Huh, it looks like they're starting to wrap up their conversation as well. Let's go over to them.

你们回到了莱欧斯利的身旁…

You return to Wriothesley...

杜吉耶:好的,公爵大人叮嘱的这些事,我一定照办。

Dougier:Of course, Your Grace. I will attend to those matters right away.

莱欧斯利:嗯,那我没什么要说的了。哦,你们回来了,感觉这个地方怎么样?

Wriothesley:Okay, then I don't have anything else to add. Oh, you're back — what did you think about this place?

莱欧斯利:你们的评价,也会影响我对「檐帽会」和杜吉耶的评价。

Wriothesley:Now, note that your review will also affect my review of Dougier and the Society as a whole.

杜吉耶:欸,之前没听说过还有这样的评价关系啊…

Dougier:Wait. I didn't know they were also a part of the evaluation process...

杜吉耶:没关系,我对目前的发展很有自信。

Dougier:It's all right with me, though. I'm pretty confident about our growth and activities.

派蒙:我觉得…还行?

Paimon:Paimon thinks it's... pretty good?

派蒙:但我很意外,没想到会有人在梅洛彼得堡做这样的事。

Paimon:Don't think anyone expected you to get a society going here of all places!

【选项1】

旅行者:我也是同感。

Traveler: Same here.

杜吉耶:看起来「檐帽会」一直坚持的信念,能让你们感受到,那我也很满足了。

Dougier:Ah, so it seems that you were able to get a sense of our vision and values. That's all I can ask for, really.

【选项2】

旅行者:我觉得只是表面工夫。

Traveler: It seems alright... on the surface.

杜吉耶:这个…嗯,确实,只凭这些,可能是有点轻飘飘的。

Dougier:Ah... Yeah, you're right. By themselves, our resources probably don't feel like much.

莱欧斯利:这里的罪人性格迥异,内心的需求也完全不同。

Wriothesley:The prisoners here all have very different personalities and psychological needs.

莱欧斯利:这种需求就是一头凶猛的野兽,如果无法正视它,它就会因饥渴而狂怒,犯下恶行。

Wriothesley:Our needs are like violent beasts. If we can't face them properly, they'll grow restless and enraged, causing pain and conflict.

莱欧斯利:而喂饱了它,它就会回归平静,甚至是为人所用。

Wriothesley:But if we can placate them, they will lose their fangs, and even be converted into fuel for far nobler pursuits.

莱欧斯利:——所以在我看来,学会和内心相处,是走上赎罪之路的第一步。

Wriothesley:Which is why in my opinion, learning to reconcile with oneself is the first step on the path to redemption.

杜吉耶:公爵大人说的太对了,在「檐帽会」成立之前,我见到了太多因自我而苦恼的人…

Dougier:You've hit the nail on the head, Your Grace. Before I founded the Society, I had met too many people who could not come to terms with themselves...

杜吉耶:相信公爵大人也看在了眼里,才会对我现在的做法表示赞许吧。

Dougier:And I'm sure that a part of your support is rooted in your desire to help those people find their way.

派蒙:我还以为大家每天工作和打拳也挺开心的…

Paimon:And Paimon thought everyone was enjoying life just fine working and fighting...

莱欧斯利:对有些人来说的确是在享受这样的生活,而其他的人就是在用这些事转移注意力了。

Wriothesley:Of course, that lifestyle is more than enough for some people in the Fortress. For others, though, they would just be useless distractions.

杜吉耶:说起这个,你们可能还不知道吧,公爵大人偶尔也会去打拳的。

Dougier:Speaking of fightin'... I'm not sure if you knew this, but even His Grace sometimes fights in the ring.

派蒙:欸,你会亲自上吗?不会戴着你的硬梆梆大拳套吧?

Paimon:Whaaat!? You fight in the ring, too? Wearing those hi-tech boxing gloves of yours...?

莱欧斯利:基本不用吧。

Wriothesley:I almost never need them.

费索勒走近,看到你和莱欧斯利也在…

Faissolle approaches and sees that you and Wriothesley are both here...

费索勒:啊…

Faissolle:Ah...

他不知为何急忙转过身去,却还是被派蒙认了出来。

For some reason, he turns away in a hurry, but Paimon recognizes him all the same.

派蒙:欸,这不是那个丢帽子的人吗?你也回这里休息了啊?

Paimon:Hey, isn't that the guy who lost his hat? Did you come here to relax, too?

费索勒:!!!

Faissolle:!!!

布尔米耶:……

Boulmier:...

里加斯:……

Rigas:...

派蒙:你怎么了?不会是已经把我们忘了吧。

Paimon:What's wrong? Did you forget about us already?

莱欧斯利:生病了吗?看你脸色不太好的样子。

Wriothesley:Are you feeling alright? You are looking a little pale.

费索勒:没、没有…谢谢你们帮我找到帽子,嗯。

Faissolle:N—No, I'm fine... Thank you for helping me get my hat back.

费索勒:我…抱歉,我先走了。

Faissolle:I... I'm sorry, but I've got to go.

派蒙:他还是这么奇怪,唉,虽然我已经有点习惯了。

Paimon:He's still as weird as before... Paimon's kinda used to it by now, though.

莱欧斯利:杜吉耶,你知道是怎么回事吗?

Wriothesley:Dougier, do you know what's up with him?

杜吉耶:我也不清楚,他平时就有点怪怪的,等会儿我去问问吧。

Dougier:Hmm, I'm also not too sure about that. As far as I recall, he's always been a little strange. I'll check up on him later.

杜吉耶:毕竟我作为会长,没能及时帮助遇到困难的成员,那也算是我的责任嘛。

Dougier:After all, it's my responsibility as the leader to make sure that no one falls through the cracks.

莱欧斯利:那就拜托你了。嗯…我们刚刚聊到什么地方了?

Wriothesley:We'll leave him to you, then. Hmm... Where were we before we got sidetracked?

【选项1】

旅行者:好像是转移注意力。

Traveler: Something about useless distractions.

【选项2】

旅行者:好像是硬梆梆大拳套。

Traveler: Something about boxing gloves.

莱欧斯利:哦,对,可能你们觉得我在开玩笑,但在那个地方,大家都会用出真本事。

Wriothesley:Oh, right, about that. You might have thought that I was joking, but in a place like that, everyone will use everything in their power to win.

莱欧斯利:火气一上来,场面就会失控,我的拳套大多数时候都用来维持秩序了。

Wriothesley:And when emotions runs high, things often spiral out of control. That'd be when I'd need to pull out my gloves to maintain order.

莱欧斯利:不只是拳套,这副手铐也经常派上用场…

Wriothesley:Sometimes, you might need more than just gloves as well... This pair of handcuffs has also come in handy quite a number of times.

莱欧斯利取手铐时,忽然听见一声脆响,好像有东西掉了出来…

Wriothesley goes for the handcuffs, only to hear a sound, as if something has fallen out...

莱欧斯利:哎呀。

Wriothesley:...Oops.

派蒙:那个不是讨人厌的宝石吗?你怎么一直带在身边?

Paimon:Oh, isn't that that awful gem? You're still carrying it with you?

莱欧斯利:因为比较特殊,我就带在身边了,放在包里的话好像不会有什么明显的影响。

Wriothesley:Yeah, I kept it on me because of its special qualities. It won't affect me as long as I don't let it come into contact with my skin.

杜吉耶:你们几个,快帮公爵大人捡一下。

Dougier:Go on, you guys, pick up the item for His Grace, would you?

奥瑟莱:是、是的。

Aucelet:Y—Yes, right away.

杜吉耶:这个宝石的光泽好漂亮,希望没有摔坏,麻烦公爵大人检查一下。

Dougier:That gem shines with quite the dazzling light. I hope it hasn't been damaged. Your Grace, please let me know if there's something wrong with it now.

莱欧斯利:嗯,看上去没什么问题。对了,杜吉耶,你以前见过这种宝石吗?

Wriothesley:Hmm, it still looks good to me. Say, Dougier, have you ever seen a gem like this?

杜吉耶:没有,看上去就是高级货,和我这种人没什么缘分啦。

Dougier:Never, Your Grace. Don't think I've ever been rich enough to afford this kind of thing.

莱欧斯利:哈哈哈,也对。

Wriothesley:Hahaha, I guess that's fair.

莱欧斯利:事情也谈得差不多了,今天就聊到这里吧,旅行者之后还有别的安排。

Wriothesley:We've already gone over most of the things that I wanted to talk about, so let's wrap up for the day. The Traveler also has some other plans, after all.

派蒙:欸…

Paimon:Uh...

杜吉耶:好的好的,各位慢走,我送你们到那边。

Dougier:Got it, Your Grace. Take care, everyone. I'll take you to the exit.

杜吉耶:见到两位是我的荣幸,以后还希望你们能常来。公爵大人也是,祝您一切顺利。

Dougier:Traveler, Paimon, it was an honor. I'm sure everyone would love it if you were to visit again. That goes for you as well, Your Grace — we wish you all the best in endeavors.

莱欧斯利:嗯,你也一样。

Wriothesley:Mm, and same to you.

在有些困惑的情况下,你们与莱欧斯利离开了「檐帽会」的休息处。

You and Wriothesley leave the Beret Society's gathering place in some confusion.

派蒙:接下来我们没什么安排啊,你为什么突然说…

Paimon:Uhh, Paimon doesn't think we made any plans for the rest of the day... Why did you lie to him?

莱欧斯利:怎么样,在看完一圈之后,你们能给「檐帽会」什么样的评价呢?

Wriothesley:Well, what's your opinion of the Society now that you've taken a look around their headquarters?

派蒙:唔,要我说的话,挺好的啊,你不也一直在夸他们吗?

Paimon:Uhh, Paimon thinks it's pretty chill. Weren't you complimenting them the entire time as well?

派蒙:我不太记得你说的是什么了,总之就是他们能用积极的方式面对新生活,对吧?

Paimon:Paimon doesn't remember exactly what you said, but wasn't it something along the lines of encouraging people to embrace their new lives with optimism?

派蒙:不过他们如果做得太好了,是不是就不会听你的了?

Paimon:There's only one potential problem. If the Society does too good of a job managing and rehabilitating its members, you may be soon out of a job...

莱欧斯利:呵呵,是有这样的可能。

Wriothesley:Haha, that is certainly a possibility.

莱欧斯利:但在现阶段,有一个能以这种方式帮我管理罪人的组织,可以减轻我的工作量。

Wriothesley:But at this point in time, they are still reducing my workload by managing and rehabilitating prisoners in my stead.

莱欧斯利:顺便我也想看看「檐帽会」究竟能做到什么程度,杜吉耶接下来还有什么想法。

Wriothesley:I wanted to see just how much they've managed to accomplish, and also get a sense of Dougier's plans for the future.

莱欧斯利:我对此很好奇,然后…我注意到了一些轻微的异响。

Wriothesley:I arranged for a meeting out of curiosity, but then... I noticed some faint hints of dissonance.

派蒙:异响?

Paimon:Dissonance?

莱欧斯利:我相信旅行者已经感觉到了。

Wriothesley:I'm sure Traveler has sensed it, too.

【选项1】

旅行者:还说不清楚…

Traveler: It's a bit hard to put it into words...

【选项2】

旅行者:但气氛不太对劲。

Traveler: But there's something off about that place.

莱欧斯利:我就知道,这一定难不倒你。

Wriothesley:As expected, you also picked up on it.

莱欧斯利:整件事比较复杂,晚些时候我再和你解释,只能说目前的情况在意料之外…

Wriothesley:The whole truth is a bit complicated, so I'll explain everything to you later. I can tell you right now, though, that this was an unexpected turn of events...

莱欧斯利:本来我打算不声不响地处理,可是现在不得不摆到明面上来,很难说接下来会如何发展。

Wriothesley:I had hoped to take care of it in secret, but now, a confrontation may no longer be avoidable. It's hard to predict what might happen next.

派蒙:欸?这又是怎么回事?

Paimon:Ehh? You've completely lost Paimon...

莱欧斯利:趁这个机会,你们再回一次休息处吧,就说有东西忘在那边了。

Wriothesley:Why don't you take this opportunity to check back on the gathering place? Just tell them you left something of yours there by accident.

莱欧斯利:要是我的推断没错的话,杜吉耶现在应该已经离开了…

Wriothesley:If my hypothesis is correct, Dougier should already have left...

莱欧斯利:没有会长在那边盯着,成员们的反应很有可能给你们一个惊喜。

Wriothesley:And with his watchful eye removed, you may well get a very different reception from the members.

派蒙:呃,你就不能直接和我们说清楚吗?

Paimon:Uhh... Can't you just tell us exactly what to expect?

莱欧斯利:这可是枫丹最流行的做法。调查,取证,以真相进行审判…

Wriothesley:I'm just following the most popular playbook in Fontaine. Investigate, obtain evidence, and then use the truth to render judgment...

莱欧斯利:我太久没有看歌剧院上演的节目,竟然有些怀念。

Wriothesley:It's been so long since I got to watch a performance at Opera Epiclese that I've even begun to miss it.

【选项1】

旅行者:我就信你一次。

Traveler: I'll trust you for now.

【选项2】

旅行者:反正你又在开玩笑。

Traveler: I'll take this as another one of your jokes.

莱欧斯利:嗯,原因之后我再解释,现在可谓机不可失。

Wriothesley:I'll explain everything to you later. But right now, we need to seize this opportunity.

莱欧斯利:如果「檐帽会」的人都离开了,可能就什么都问不出来了。

Wriothesley:Find out what you can from them now, while they're all in one place. We might not get another chance like this anytime soon.

再次返回「檐帽会」的休息处 Return to the Beret Society's gathering place

派蒙:好像真的和莱欧斯利说的一样,杜吉耶已经离开了。

Paimon:Huh, it's just as Wriothesley said... Seems like Dougier's no longer here.

派蒙:你刚刚说感觉到气氛不对劲,这样的话,你就按你的想法试探一下吧。

Paimon:You said you felt there was something off about this place, right? So let's see if we can feel something out.

派蒙:我会尽力配合你的!

Paimon:Paimon will do her best to help!

【选项1】

旅行者:我也拿不准…

Traveler: Uhh... I also don't know where to start.

【选项2】

旅行者:先随便聊聊吧。

Traveler: Let's see if we can strike up a conversation.

布尔米耶:啊,你们是…

Boulmier:Wait, you guys are...

派蒙:不好意思,我们突然发现有东西不见了,想了想有可能掉在这里,回来找一下。

Paimon:We're really sorry, we just realized that we'd lost something, and we figured we might have left it here by accident! We'll be on our way as soon as we find it.

布尔米耶:哦、哦…

Boulmier:O—Okay...

旅行者:你们看到了一个玻璃瓶吗?

Traveler:Did anyone see a glass bottle by any chance?

布尔米耶:……

Boulmier:...

奥瑟莱:……

Aucelet:...

里加斯:……

Rigas:...

派蒙:都没看到吗?

Paimon:Nobody?

【选项1】

旅行者:大概手掌那么大。

Traveler: It was about the size of my hand.

【选项2】

旅行者:装了些香料粉。

Traveler: I was using it to store some spice powder.

奥瑟莱:……

Aucelet:...

派蒙:没关系,不用紧张,不是什么重要的东西。

Paimon:It's okay, there's no need to be nervous! It's not like we lost a whole bag of Mora or anything.

派蒙:没看到的话我们就自己找一找,你们也不用担心我们会和莱欧斯利说什么。

Paimon:We'll just look for it ourselves if none of you caught a glimpse of it. We're not gonna tell Wriothesley anything, don't worry.

里加斯:那、那我去通知会长…

Rigas:I—I'll go find Mr. Dougier...

派蒙:不需要啦,找个东西而已,为什么要专门告诉他?

Paimon:No need! We're just looking for something. Why does he have to know?

里加斯:……

Rigas:...

【选项1】

旅行者:(好奇怪。)

Traveler: (This is incredibly suspicious.)

【选项2】

旅行者:(好像都在…畏惧什么。)

Traveler: (Feels like they're all... terrified of something.)

派蒙:我们找找看,应该没有关系吧?

Paimon:We can look around for it, yeah?

布尔米耶:嗯…

Boulmier:Uh...

再次与「檐帽会」成员交谈 Talk to the members of the Beret Society again

派蒙:你还在整理书架吗?

Paimon:Are you still organizing the bookshelves?

布尔米耶:嗯,抱歉,现在…不能看。

Boulmier:Yeah, and, I'm sorry, but... you can't check out the books right now.

派蒙:倒是也没打算看啦,不过刚刚你不是还很热情吗?

Paimon:We weren't thinking about that to begin with! But weren't you super friendly just a moment ago?

布尔米耶:抱歉,抱歉…

Boulmier:S—Sorry...

再次与「檐帽会」成员交谈 Talk to the members of the Beret Society again

派蒙:喂,你好?你好?

Paimon:Hey, hello? Anyone home?

奥瑟莱:你们好…有什么事吗?

Aucelet:Hello... How can I help you?

旅行者:想再听你介绍介绍。

Traveler:Can you give us that run-down again?

奥瑟莱:「檐帽会」的设施齐全,福利良好,呃…你们都已经了解过了,别的我也不知道。

Aucelet:The Beret Society offers a variety of resources and benefits to its members, and... Uh... I mean, you've already heard my spiel. I don't know anything beyond what I've already told you.

派蒙:你也不知道?

Paimon:You don't know anything?

奥瑟莱:啊,对不起,对不起,我是说…已经没什么好说的了。

Aucelet:Ah, sorry, that's not what I meant... It's just... There's nothing more I can tell you.

再次与「檐帽会」成员交谈 Talk to the members of the Beret Society again

派蒙:喂,大个子!

Paimon:Heeeey, big guy!

里加斯:你、你要干嘛…

Rigas:Wh—What do you want...

派蒙:这不是你和我们打招呼的方式嘛,先深呼吸,然后大喊。

Paimon:Isn't this how you greeted us earlier? Take a deep breath, and let it all out...

里加斯:哦,对啊,你学得很快嘛…

Rigas:Oh, yeah, that's right, you sure are a fast learner...

旅行者:怎么没有精神了?

Traveler:Where did your optimism go?

里加斯:可能是吃了点东西,有点困,呃…我也不是随时精神都那么好。

Rigas:Uh, I ate something earlier, so I'm falling into a bit of a food coma, and uh... I mean, not everyone can be super upbeat all the time, right?

将感受告知莱欧斯利 Share your thoughts with Wriothesley

莱欧斯利:你们回来了,休息处的情况怎么样?

Wriothesley:Oh, you're back. How were things at their headquarters?

派蒙:刚刚在场的都好像变了一个人似的…

Paimon:It was as if they had all turned into completely different people...

【选项1】

旅行者:突然不怎么说话了。

Traveler: They all clammed up.

【选项2】

旅行者:突然变得很害怕。

Traveler: They were all acting super scared.

莱欧斯利:嗯,这正好能够印证我的猜想。

Wriothesley:Hmm, that would prove my suspicions.

莱欧斯利:所谓「檐帽会」的异响,就是这些成员偶尔表现出的惊慌失措的状态。

Wriothesley:The "dissonance" I mentioned earlier was precisely that fleeting moment of fear behind the cheerful facade.

旅行者:就像躲在箱子里的那个人。

Traveler:Like that one guy we found hiding in the box.

派蒙:对哦,我们在休息处见到他的时候,他也显得特别惊恐。

Paimon:Right, he was acting super scared too when we saw him at the gathering place!

派蒙:唔…应该说一开始遇到他,他担心帽子的状态就很不正常了。

Paimon:Hmm... Actually, hasn't he just been acting super paranoid since we first met?

莱欧斯利:这就是为什么我会拿走他的帽子。

Wriothesley:And that is precisely why I took his hat.

派蒙:原来如此…

Paimon:Oh, so the one who started it all was...

派蒙:原来是你啊!

Paimon:It was you all along!

莱欧斯利:因为我想知道背后真实的原因。

Wriothesley:It's because I wanted to figure out what's really going on.

莱欧斯利:——绝非杜吉耶所说,只是某些成员的精神状态不稳定。

Wriothesley:I don't believe any of Dougier's talk about unstable mental states.

旅行者:你开始调查多久了?

Traveler:How long have you been investigating this?

莱欧斯利:刚开始不久,杜吉耶为我做了很多精细的准备,虽然现在看来,他的表演欲望有点过剩了。

Wriothesley:Not too long. Dougier made very elaborate preparations for my visit, but I don't know... it almost feels like the performance was too elaborate.

派蒙:那既然你觉得不对,怎么不一声令下,把「檐帽会」的人都抓起来?

Paimon:Okay, but if you think something's wrong, why don't you just take the whole Society into custody?

派蒙:「公爵」想干什么,不需要讲道理吧?

Paimon:Aren't you the Duke? You can do whatever you want in this place.

莱欧斯利:哈哈哈,看起来你比我更适合当这个「公爵大人」,我都想把鞭子交给你了。

Wriothesley:Haha, maybe you're actually a better fit for the position than I am. Just give me the word, and I'll hand you the cuffs.

莱欧斯利:可是啊,鞭子不只是用来打人,还是用来给其他人看的。

Wriothesley:In all seriousness, however, cuffs and the like should be used sparingly. They're mostly for show.

莱欧斯利:我想要创造一个什么样的环境,取决于我想让这里的人看到什么。

Wriothesley:Everything I do is on display. The way people see me act determines the kind of world I can create down here.

莱欧斯利:在他们眼里,我希望我是个讲道理的形象。

Wriothesley:And I've always striven to appear fair and reasonable to the people.

派蒙:有点高深,听不太懂…

Paimon:Uhh... That sounds a bit deep. Paimon's not sure she got all of it...

【选项1】

旅行者:「公爵」的一举一动都是表率。

Traveler: The Duke's actions will set the tone.

【选项2】

旅行者:「公爵」的一举一动都会被模仿。

Traveler: The Duke's values will be emulated by the people.

莱欧斯利:嗯,就是这个意思,如果我不讲道理,以后这里就没几个人愿意讲道理了。

Wriothesley:Yeah, you've hit the nail on the head. I have to lead by example if I want to maintain expectations of justice and order.

莱欧斯利:所以哪怕杜吉耶那家伙已经露出了马脚,证据没有坐实的时候,我也不愿率先翻脸。

Wriothesley:And that's why even though Dougier had already let a few things slip, I didn't want to turn on him without irrefutable evidence.

派蒙:行吧。也就是说,这个「檐帽会」的会长,用了某种方法控制了手下的成员…

Paimon:Alright. So you're saying, Dougier has figured out some way to control the members of his society...

派蒙:虽然他们平时变得积极向上,但这不是他们的自愿行为…

Paimon:And even though the members are acting all optimistic and motivated, it's all just a show.

【选项1】

旅行者:我觉得肯定没这么简单。

Traveler: I doubt it's that simple.

【选项2】

旅行者:我觉得动机还说不通。

Traveler: I feel like we're still missing something.

莱欧斯利:是的,不惜用见不得光的手段控制他们,也要让他们变得精神充沛斗志昂扬,这没有任何好处。

Wriothesley:Indeed. He certainly seems to be using some coercive methods to turn his members into the most upbeat and motivated group of people you've ever seen. But that won't turn out well in the long run.

莱欧斯利:不过我相信在今日的造访之后,有些人已经读懂了我的暗示。

Wriothesley:I have some faith, though, that some of the members understood the hint I gave during our visit.

莱欧斯利:说不定晚些时候,就会有鱼乖乖地游进来。

Wriothesley:The line has been set, and it's quite likely that a fish will bite.

派蒙:鱼?暗示?

Paimon:...Fish? Bite?

莱欧斯利:先等到晚上吧,正好看守们的调查也需要一定时间。

Wriothesley:Let's give them some time. My guards will need it to finish their investigation, too.

莱欧斯利:到时候来我的办公室找我。

Wriothesley:You can find me in my office when the time comes.

派蒙:喂,说清楚再走啊!真是的!

Paimon:Hey, don't just leave before you've explained everything to Paimon! Heeeey!

等待至晚上18-24点 Wait until nighttime (18:00 – 24:00)

按照约定去见莱欧斯利 Meet up with Wriothesley as you agreed

莱欧斯利:哦,你们来了。今晚抽到好吃的福利餐了吗?

Wriothesley:Oh, here you are. Did you manage to land a lucky pull on the Welfare Meals tonight?

派蒙:别再绕圈子了,「檐帽会」的事情怎么样了?

Paimon:Let's just get straight to the point! Has anything else happened with the Society?

莱欧斯利:看你急的,趁事情还在发酵,我们也需要理清思路,排除疑点。

Wriothesley:Patience, Paimon. Even as the situation continues to brew, we still need to make sense of what we've learned so far, and go over any sticking points.

莱欧斯利:对我来说,在我察觉到「檐帽会」可能存在问题的时候,我想到的第一个疑点是——

Wriothesley:I'm actually still thinking about the first thing that came to my mind when I noticed something amiss. Namely:

莱欧斯利:为什么没有人试图向我揭发真相?

Wriothesley:Why didn't anyone come to me about it?

派蒙:对哦,难道是因为他们害怕的东西,连这里的公爵都解决不了?

Paimon:Oh, that's a good point! Could whatever they're afraid of be so powerful that even you won't be able to do anything about it?

莱欧斯利:就算真有这种东西,不向我确认怎么知道?

Wriothesley:But even if such a thing existed, how could they be so sure without checking with me first?

莱欧斯利:一两个人就算了,不可能所有人都这么想。

Wriothesley:It'd be one thing if it was just one or two people, but it seems like everyone's convinced that I won't be able to help.

莱欧斯利:我觉得最有可能的解释是——他们笃定就算我知道真相,也不会帮他们。

Wriothesley:Which leads me to believe that it's more likely that they think I just wouldn't care to help them.

【选项1】

旅行者:因为是你授意了杜吉耶?

Traveler: Because you instigated Dougier in the first place?

【选项2】

旅行者:因为你是杜吉耶的同伙?

Traveler: Because you've been working with Dougier all along?

莱欧斯利:嗯,杜吉耶一定对他们说了什么,让他们认为我不会为他们出头。

Wriothesley:Yes, something like that. Dougier must have told them something to make them think I won't take their side.

莱欧斯利:所以我需要做的就是想办法破除这一层谎言,表明我的态度。

Wriothesley:So it became imperative for me to refute that, and prove my true stance.

莱欧斯利:当然,我原本想的是更隐蔽的办法…没想到你们大大方方地指认出了那个丢帽子的人。

Wriothesley:Of course, I had originally planned to do this in a more covert way, but I had to improvise when you identified the guy who'd lost his hat with everyone present.

莱欧斯利:这下,在场的所有人都知道了我们正在调查这件事,也包括杜吉耶。

Wriothesley:There was no way to keep our investigation a secret after that.

派蒙:这样啊…欸?难道说,怪我吗?

Paimon:That makes sense... Wait, then does that mean it was all Paimon's fault?

旅行者:这么一说…

Traveler:Now that you mention it...

莱欧斯利:那个人非常害怕弄丢帽子的事被杜吉耶知道,回到「檐帽会」之后绝不会主动提起。

Wriothesley:The last thing that guy wanted was for Dougier to find out that he'd lost it. He would've never brought the matter up on his own.

莱欧斯利:而在对话中,杜吉耶知道他弄丢了帽子,还是被我们几个找了回来…

Wriothesley:But now, not only has Dougier found out that he'd lost his hat, he's also realized that we were the ones who found it...

莱欧斯利:他的警惕心,一定在瞬间就达到了极限。

Wriothesley:That likely set his internal alarms off all at once.

旅行者:帽子之下藏了什么东西…

Traveler:The hats must be hiding something...

莱欧斯利:嗯,这也是我的推断,不然只是一顶帽子,不可能让人惶恐成那副样子。

Wriothesley:Yes, that's the conclusion I came to as well. It's the only thing that could explain the fear.

莱欧斯利:如果给杜吉耶更多时间,他肯定会想办法隐藏真相,好不容易找到的线索就又断了。

Wriothesley:If we didn't act right then and there, Dougier would probably come up with some other way to hide the truth, and we'd be back to square one.

莱欧斯利:所以我想了想,故意把那个黑色宝石扔了出去。

Wriothesley:So after giving the matter some thought, I tossed that black gem onto the ground.

莱欧斯利:而在场所有人给我的反应,我很满意。

Wriothesley:I must say, I was pretty satisfied with the results.

派蒙:是你故意的啊?

Paimon:Ah, so you did that on purpose!?

莱欧斯利:对,那箱违禁品,本来就是在怀疑「檐帽会」的基础上找到线索,并最终截获的。

Wriothesley:Yes, that's right. Of course, that box was discovered as a part of our investigation of the Society from the very beginning.

莱欧斯利:他们是否见过那个宝石,我也没有十足把握,但那时的状态,可谓是箭在弦上不得不发。

Wriothesley:I had no way to know if any of the members had actually seen the gem before, but since I had to do something, I decided to gamble.

旅行者:这就是你的暗示吧。

Traveler:So that's the "hint" you were talking about earlier.

莱欧斯利:嗯,我表示我不知道这是什么东西,足以对有心人传达「我不了解内情」这个信息。

Wriothesley:Right, and I said back there that I had no idea what the gem represented. That should've been enough to let people know that it's still early days for my investigation.

莱欧斯利:再加上你们两位名声在外,不会对罪恶与暴行置之不理…

Wriothesley:And since I was traveling with you, heroes who have never turned a blind eye to evil and injustice...

莱欧斯利:你们随我同行,就能表现出我们的态度是帮助者,而非加害者。

Wriothesley:They would also understand that we're here to help, rather than to tolerate or uphold the status quo.

派蒙:连我们都被你算进去了啊!

Paimon:You used us as a part of your plan, too!

旅行者:怪不得你要带我们去。

Traveler:So that's why you wanted us to come along.

莱欧斯利:抱歉,因为事情比较复杂,要解释清楚会花费很多时间,不如先让你们亲眼看看。

Wriothesley:My apologies. There was no time and quite a lot to explain, so I figured it might be easier to just let you see a few things for yourselves.

莱欧斯利:不过放心,至此为止,我们的信息就完全一致了。

Wriothesley:But I can assure you that I've now told you everything there is to know.

莱欧斯利:我不强求你们,但的确非常希望你们能继续参与进来,搞清楚「檐帽会」背后的秘密。

Wriothesley:Of course, you're under no obligation, but I would really appreciate it if you could continue to lend me your support and help me figure out the true secret behind the Society.

莱欧斯利:可以帮我这个忙吗?

Wriothesley:Would you be willing to lend me your support?

派蒙:唉,虽然有点火大…

Paimon:Ugh, but Paimon's still mad at you...

【选项1】

旅行者:大不了就是出谋划策吧。

Traveler: Sure, if all you need is some help planning.

【选项2】

旅行者:大不了就是帮你打架吧。

Traveler: Sure, if I just need to fight them off.

莱欧斯利:感激不尽。

Wriothesley:You have my thanks.

莱欧斯利:目前还有两件事没有搞清楚,一个是「檐帽会」成员的帽子究竟想隐藏什么。

Wriothesley:Now, there are still two outstanding matters in our investigation. The first is the secret of the hats.

莱欧斯利:帽子我检查过,没有任何值得注意的疑点。

Wriothesley:I've examined one before. There was nothing suspicious about the item itself.

莱欧斯利:另一个是黑色宝石的具体用途,每个了解它的人都讳莫如深。

Wriothesley:The other is the true purpose of the black gem. We haven't been able to get anything out of anyone with actual knowledge of it.

莱欧斯利:希望我留下的暗示,能让一条鱼勇敢地从池子里跳出来。

Wriothesley:It's my hope that a brave fish will take my bait, and venture outside of their dark and murky pool.

莱欧斯利:等着也是等着,不如听听音乐吧。

Wriothesley:I'll put some music on while we wait.

在莱欧斯利的办公室等待了一段时间之后…

You spend some time waiting in Wriothesley's office...

阿维丝:公爵大人,您好,能让我进去吗?我担心有人跟踪我。

Avice:...Excuse me, Your Grace, but may I come in? I'm afraid that someone's been following me.

莱欧斯利:请进。

Wriothesley:Please do.

阿维丝:抱歉,我有点慌张。这边两位就是和您一起去过休息处的客人吧?

Avice:I apologize for my lack of composure. These two are the guests that came with you to our gathering place, correct?

旅行者:你知道我们?

Traveler:You know us?

阿维丝:嗯,我听他说了。费索勒,他是我的恋人,现在他的处境很危险。

Avice:Yes, my lover Faissolle told me all about you. Please help us, Your Grace, he's in great danger right now...

莱欧斯利:冷静下来,一点一点说,「檐帽会」发生什么了?

Wriothesley:Slow down, take a deep breath, and start from the top. What happened at the Society?

阿维丝:抱歉,我应该从你们最后一次见到费索勒的时候开始讲…

Avice:I'm sorry, Your Grace, I will try... I think I should start from when you saw Faissolle last.

派蒙:就是在休息处见到他的时候吧?

Paimon:You mean, when we saw him at the gathering place?

阿维丝:对,他急忙逃离了那里,很多「檐帽会」的人都在抓他。

Avice:Yes, he fled immediately, but many members are hot on his heels.

阿维丝:但他还是想办法找到我,把事情的经过都说了一遍。

Avice:Thankfully, he still managed to meet up with me, and explain everything that had happened.

阿维丝:因为他知道他无法再得到杜吉耶的信任,等待他的是非常残酷的「训诫」。

Avice:Now that he's lost Dougier's trust, what awaits him is agonizing "censure."

莱欧斯利:「训诫」?

Wriothesley:Censure?

阿维丝:是的,那是我们每个「檐帽会」成员都畏惧无比的事,也是杜吉耶建立统治最重要的手段。

Avice:Censure is Dougier's method of establishing control, as well as the thing we all fear the most.

阿维丝:与其我用语言描述,不如直接给你们看吧。

Avice:Rather than listening to me explain what it is, Your Grace, please just let me show it to you...

阿维丝脱帽,摘下发卡…

Avice removes her hat and hairpin...

阿维丝:一切的秘密就在这里,公爵大人…

Avice:Every secret may be found within—

阿维丝:?!

Avice:!?

杜吉耶:哎,我就说你急急忙忙要去哪儿,原来是在这里啊。

Dougier:Ah, here you are. I was wondering where you had run off to in such a hurry.

杜吉耶:不好意思,公爵大人,让您见笑了。阿维丝从到梅洛彼得堡开始精神就不太稳定…

Dougier:Please excuse us, Your Grace. It was never our intention to disturb you like this. You see, Avice's mental state has been rather unstable ever since she arrived at the Fortress...

杜吉耶:经常会看到幻觉,也总是胡言乱语,所以她说的那些话,就当是她的妄想好了。

Dougier:She rambles often, and has hallucinations. It may be best to dismiss her babbling as random gibberish.

莱欧斯利:我可不记得听到了敲门的声音。

Wriothesley:I don't recall hearing a knock, or giving permission for you to come in.

杜吉耶:抱歉,我害怕公爵大人受到惊吓,实在是太着急,因此有失礼仪,还望您大人有大量。

Dougier:My apologies. I merely did not wish for Your Grace to be alarmed. Had I not been so focused on recovering her, I would have followed all the rules of etiquette to the letter. So, please forgive my discourtesy.

派蒙:谁信你的鬼话啊!

Paimon:Hah, like we'd believe you!

【选项1】

旅行者:你这种人我见得多了。

Traveler: We know exactly what you're thinking.

【选项2】

旅行者:敢到这里来,算你有胆量。

Traveler: You've got some nerve, showing your face here.

【选项3】

旅行者:谁信你的鬼话啊!

Traveler: Indeed, like we'd believe you.

杜吉耶:先别这样,我知道大家更倾向于相信弱势的一方,但公爵大人是讲道理的人啊。

Dougier:Please, there's no need to be upset. It's only natural to want to side with the poor, sick girl, but I know His Grace to be a reasonable man.

莱欧斯利:「讲道理的人」想先听听她的「胡言乱语」。

Wriothesley:Well then, what if the reasonable man wants to hear the lunatic out?

杜吉耶:好吧。哦,对了,费索勒先生我们已经找到了哦。只是弄丢了帽子而已,不明白他在害怕什么。

Dougier:That would be perfectly fine with me. Oh, and just so you know, we've also found the missing Mr. Faissolle. I have no idea why he was so upset about losing his hat, really.

杜吉耶:不过好在他现在已经冷静下来,回去了,所以你别担心。

Dougier:Thankfully, he has already returned to his senses. We've brought him back to our place, so there's no need to worry.

阿维丝:……!

Avice:...!

阿维丝:抱歉,公爵大人,我…没什么要说的了。

Avice:I'm sorry, Your Grace... I don't have anything more to say.

莱欧斯利拿出之前那块黑色宝石…

Wriothesley takes out the black gem from before...

莱欧斯利:你在害怕的东西,大概就是这个吧。不用担心,我会为你们主持公道。

Wriothesley:This is what you're afraid of, correct? You can tell me everything. I'll do all I can for you.

阿维丝:我…我…

Avice:I... I...

阿维丝:我没有见过这个。

Avice:I've never seen that thing in my life.

旅行者:勇敢一点。

Traveler:You can do it, Avice.

阿维丝:……

Avice:...

杜吉耶:公爵大人,她好像没有什么想说的了,继续逼她恐怕也听不到什么可信的东西吧。

Dougier:Your Grace, I don't think there's anything else she would like to say. Pressuring her will not get you anywhere.

莱欧斯利:……

Wriothesley:...

莱欧斯利:放心吧,无论你在害怕什么,只要你讲出来…

Wriothesley:It's alright, Avice. As long as you tell me what it is that you're terrified of...

莱欧斯利:我以「公爵」的名义保证,那些东西都不会再伤害到你。

Wriothesley:No matter what it is, it will no longer be able to hurt you. I swear this on my name and honor as the Duke.

杜吉耶:公爵大人…唉,算了,我闭嘴,我闭嘴。该说的话,我应该都说过了。

Dougier:Your Grace... sigh Forget it. I'll keep my mouth shut. I've already said everything I could say about the matter.

阿维丝:抱歉,公爵大人,我真的没有什么要说的话了。请…不要再追问了。

Avice:I'm sorry, Your Grace, but I really don't have anything more to say. Please... don't press me further.

派蒙:怎么这样…

Paimon:But... why?

杜吉耶:既然这样,我就把阿维丝带回去了。再次为打扰到公爵大人宁静的夜晚而道歉。

Dougier:In that case, Avice and I will be off. Once again, please accept my apologies for disturbing your peaceful evening, Your Grace.

莱欧斯利:阿维丝小姐,让我看看你的脑袋。这是命令。

Wriothesley:Miss Avice, please show me your head. That is an order.

但莱欧斯利查看一番,并没有看到异状。

Wriothesley proceeds to examine Avice's head, but does not find anything suspicious.

莱欧斯利:什么都没有…

Wriothesley:There's nothing there...

杜吉耶:公爵大人,虽然我知道我的话语让您厌烦,但还是请您相信我,只是您想多了而已。

Dougier:Your Grace, I know you have long tired of my words, but please believe me when I say you've merely let your worries get to your head.

杜吉耶:「檐帽会」从来没有给您和这里的看守添过麻烦,大家都在很努力地生活与工作…

Dougier:The Society has never caused trouble for you or any of the guards at the Fortress. We've spent all of our time working hard and trying to lead better lives.

杜吉耶:为什么您就是要死咬不放呢?现在这样的状态不是很好吗?

Dougier:Why are you doing everything in your power to prove our "guilt"? What's wrong with the current state of affairs?

杜吉耶:只要公爵大人一声令下,有什么任务我都会照办…这样的我,不是非要被除掉不可吧?

Dougier:I'll do anything for you as long as you give me the word. Why are you so intent on getting rid of someone who's been unfalteringly loyal?

莱欧斯利:我已经听腻这些说辞了,如果我发现真相和你的话语大相径庭,你知道会有什么后果。

Wriothesley:Your words bore me. You know the consequences if I find you to be lying.

杜吉耶:我做的一切都是在为梅洛彼得堡着想,「檐帽会」随时欢迎公爵大人的监督与视察。

Dougier:Everything that I do, I do for the Fortress of Meropide. But Your Grace is welcome to visit us anytime to confirm the true intent of our activities.

杜吉耶:好了,我们回去吧,阿维丝。

Dougier:Alright, Avice, let's head back.

派蒙:啊啊啊,这个人搞什么,好生气,好生气!

Paimon:Argh, just what's up with that guy!? He makes Paimon really, really mad!

派蒙:你直接给他点颜色看看啊!

Paimon:We should have shown him his place!

莱欧斯利:人总要为自负付出代价,或早或晚。

Wriothesley:Sooner or later, all will pay the price for their arrogance.

莱欧斯利:既然他早有准备,不畏于直接挑明矛盾,那我们就更不能受他挑衅而冲动行事。

Wriothesley:He must have been well-prepared for this exact scenario, or he wouldn't have dared to be so openly hostile — all the more reason for us to be patient.

莱欧斯利:「檐帽会」的人都是人质,如果杜吉耶没有回去,他的手下必会有所行动。

Wriothesley:The entire Society are his hostages. His subordinates would definitely react if he were taken into custody.

莱欧斯利:这也是他在我面前肆无忌惮的原因。

Wriothesley:And that's why he dared to bare his fangs right in front of me.

【选项1】

旅行者:反正不可能放过他。

Traveler: One thing's for sure, we won't let him get away with this.

【选项2】

旅行者:现在的问题是…

Traveler: So now, our biggest problem is...

莱欧斯利:那个秘密,不在帽子里,也不在脑袋上。

Wriothesley:The true secret of the Society is neither on the hat, nor on the members' heads.

莱欧斯利:看来杜吉耶一开始就知道那里什么都没有,所以才不慌不忙。

Wriothesley:Dougier probably knew this from the very beginning, which is why he didn't panic.

莱欧斯利:但「檐帽会」的规则,又说明秘密就在那里。

Wriothesley:However, if we were to look at the rules, it would also seem like the head has to be the place where they're keeping all of their secrets.

派蒙:确实很奇怪,究竟是想要藏什么呢…

Paimon:Yeah, none of this makes sense to Paimon, either... What are they trying to hide?

莱欧斯利:我有个想法,不过…

Wriothesley:I have an idea, but...

旅行者:我也想到了。

Traveler:What a coincidence. So do I.

派蒙:欸?什么,说来听听。

Paimon:Huh? What is it? Tell Paimon about it!

【选项1】

旅行者:阿维丝摘帽子不是为了展示头部。

Traveler: Avice didn't take off her hat to draw attention to her head.

【选项2】

旅行者:而是为了摘下发卡。

Traveler: She did so to remove her hair clip.

莱欧斯利:你是说…这个?

Wriothesley:You mean... this thing?

莱欧斯利:她用发卡隐藏了某个东西,这样做的话连杜吉耶都不知道,他离开的时候自然也忽视了。

Wriothesley:So, she handed a key piece of evidence over to us without Dougier noticing.

莱欧斯利:所以…阿维丝不是因为害怕而闭口不言,而是她知道已经无需再说什么。

Wriothesley:That would mean that Avice didn't stay silent out of fear. She stayed silent because she'd already given us what we needed.

莱欧斯利:我来看看。

Wriothesley:Let me take a look.

莱欧斯利摆弄了几下发卡之后。

Wriothesley tinkers with the hair clip for a brief moment.

莱欧斯利:从发卡里取出了这个细长的锥状物…空心的,像是钉子,又像刺。

Wriothesley:I managed to remove this from the hair clip. It's long, slender, and conical, it's hollow on the inside, and looks something like a cross between a nail and a thorn.

派蒙:唔,怎么感觉还是看不懂…

Paimon:Uh, Paimon's lost again...

莱欧斯利:如果是这样呢?

Wriothesley:Let's see... What if we do this?

莱欧斯利忽然用力,将眼前的黑色宝石用空心锥刺破…

Wriothesley suddenly pierces the black gem with the hollow cone with great force...

派蒙:哇,你突然干什么…欸,宝石里面有黑黑的东西流出来?

Paimon:Hey, what are you doing... Wait, some kind of dark liquid is leaking out of the gem...

派蒙:而且,有一部分被自然而然地吸进这根刺里去了。

Paimon:And... some of it has been absorbed by this thorny-looking thing...

旅行者:宝石里面是液体。

Traveler:The gem is used as a container for a type of liquid.

莱欧斯利:你们应该听说过,水中凝聚了人类最强烈的情感…

Wriothesley:You've probably heard before that water is filled with the strongest emotions of humanity.

莱欧斯利:而这样的液体,应该就是被提纯与精炼过的,凝聚了「恐惧」的溶液。

Wriothesley:With that in mind, this liquid is probably a highly concentrated solution of "fear."

派蒙:这么说的话,怪不得只是拿起来就会有很不愉快的感觉!

Paimon:Ooh, so that's why even touching it will make you remember unpleasant things!

旅行者:这样的液体,还有这根刺…

Traveler:So, with this infused thorn...

莱欧斯利:或许这就是「训诫」的内容吧,很难想象这种液体直接被注入脑中,会是怎么样的体验。

Wriothesley:Dougier would be able to "censure" others. I can only imagine how it would feel to have this directly injected into your brain...

莱欧斯利:可能一辈子经历过的恐惧,都会同时席卷而来。

Wriothesley:The moment it hits you... would be like being flooded with all the terrors you've ever experienced in your life.

莱欧斯利:痛苦,孤独,无处可逃,所以他们才会害怕…

Wriothesley:Agony, desolation, and an overwhelming sense of despair... No wonder they're all so terrified of it.

派蒙:所以说帽子藏起来的是伤口吗?

Paimon:So... was the hat meant to cover up their wounds?

莱欧斯利:说不定不止如此,事不宜迟,我们快走。

Wriothesley:That might not even be all. Let's go get them right away.

莱欧斯利:不能让杜吉耶把所有的线索带走。

Wriothesley:We can't let Dougier escape with all of the evidence.

最后更新于