热沙中的秘密 Secret of the Scorching Desert

根据约定,你们前往拉赫曼指定的地点准备交换人质… As agreed, you go to the place designated by Rahman to exchange hostages...

等待至第二天早上(6-8点) Wait until the following morning (06:00 – 08:00)

到村子门口集合 Gather at the entrance to the village

派蒙:大家都到了,好早啊。

Paimon:You're all here so early!

迪希雅:…人齐了。不过伊萨克,你真要跟我们去?

Dehya:Looks like we have everyone here. ...Isak, are you sure you want to come with us?

伊萨克:我会远远看着的。迪希雅姐姐,我想…去接爷爷。

Isak:I'll watch from a safe distance. Dehya... I wanna be there to bring Grandpa home.

迪希雅:好。那我们走吧。

Dehya:Okay. Let's go then.

坎蒂丝:等等,迪希雅!

Candace:Dehya, wait.

迪希雅:怎么了?

Dehya:What's the matter?

坎蒂丝:听说你昨天有一些莽撞的行为…今天不能再这样了,明白吗?否则我会生气。

Candace:I heard that you were quite reckless yesterday... No more of that today, understood? Or I'll be very upset with you.

迪希雅:…好吧。

Dehya:sigh Fine.

前往约定地点 Go to the agreed location

与镀金旅团交涉 Negotiate with the Eremites

艾尔海森:居然比我们先到了。

Alhaitham:Heh, they got here before us.

派蒙:是不是因为我早上赖床了五分钟…

Paimon:Uh-oh, is it because Paimon overslept by five minutes and held everyone up?

旅行者:这种事情不认下来也可以的。

Traveler:You didn't have to admit to that.

拉赫曼:准备妥当了吗?

Rahman:Is everything ready?

艾尔海森:万全。不过…

Alhaitham:Absolutely. Although...

艾尔海森:…你们带来的人,比我想的还少。

Alhaitham:...You brought fewer people than I imagined.

拉赫曼:带上来。

Rahman:Bring him over.

伊萨克:啊!爷爷!

Isak:Grandpa!

派蒙:怎么只有一个人?!

Paimon:Why is there only one of them?

迪希雅:拉赫曼,我一直当你是个言而有信的英雄。这是怎么一回事?

Dehya:Rahman, I've always thought of you as a man of his word. What's this about?

拉赫曼:一个换一个,很公平不是吗?

Rahman:It's a one-for-one exchange. Sounds fair, don't ya think?

拉赫曼:或者我们不妨说…答应草神子民的请求,就是我最大的让步了。不知足吗?

Rahman:Or lemme put it this way... Agreeing to any kind of deal with the Dendro Archon's people is already a huge compromise on my part. Don't you think you've asked enough?

艾尔海森:……

Alhaitham:...

迪希雅:…哈,站稳别动!

Dehya:...Uh-uh, you stay right there!

拉赫曼的狡辩激怒了迪希雅,她提剑上前与拉赫曼一行人缠斗起来。就在这危险的关头,意外发生了。地面震动,黄沙塌陷,突如其来的地震眼看就要将你们所有人卷入地下。原本神志不清的老学者却在这时爆发出惊人的力量,瞬间赶到伊萨克身边抱住了他。绿色光芒从老学者身上流淌出来,扩散形成巨大的保护罩,将众人笼罩其中…

Enraged by Rahman's quibbling, Dehya begins to fight with the man and his gang. But it is at this dire moment that something unexpected happens — the ground shakes and the sand sinks, and just when this sudden earthquake is about to engulf all of you, a prodigious surge of energy suddenly comes from the unconscious scholar, who then charges forth swiftly to embrace Isak. Green light radiates from the old researcher, forming a large shield that covers you all as you slowly sink underground...

与拉赫曼对话 Talk to Rahman

派蒙:呃…头晕…

Paimon:Uhh... Paimon's dizzy...

旅行者:唔…

Traveler:Mmph...

旅行者:大家没事吧?!

Traveler:Is everyone okay!?

迪希雅:唉,真是倒霉的一天啊…

Dehya:Ugh, this day's going just great...

艾尔海森:哼,麻烦。

Alhaitham:Hmph, what a nuisance.

赛诺:刚才的沙丘坍塌了。

Cyno:The sand dune collapsed.

赛诺:我看到了结界…是那个守村人保护了我们。

Cyno:I saw an energy field... The Village Keeper protected us.

赛诺:绿色的草元素力,按你们说的,或许是小吉祥草王残留在那位学者体内的力量。

Cyno:It glowed green with Dendro. Just like you said, it may well have been the remains of Lesser Lord Kusanali's power inside the scholar's body.

旅行者:应该错不了。

Traveler:No doubt.

旅行者:现在你相信我说过的话了。

Traveler:You finally believe me.

赛诺:…现任草神…吗。

Cyno:...The Dendro Archon... The present one.

伊萨克:爷爷,爷爷?怎么又迷糊了…

Isak:Grandpa? Grandpa? Oh no, he's getting confused again...

艾尔海森:看一下周围。

Alhaitham:Hey, look around you.

迪希雅:这里…本来有神殿吗?

Dehya:Did there use to be a... temple here?

艾尔海森:应该是流沙坍塌后露出的地下结构。

Alhaitham:It seems that when the sand dune collapsed, it exposed these underground structures.

艾尔海森:门上的符号都属于赤王文明,看来这座建筑年代久远,被风沙完全掩埋,才会变成现在这样。

Alhaitham:The symbols on the gate belong to King Deshret's civilization. This structure must be ancient... Over time, the sandstorms completely buried it, and left it in the state we see now.

艾尔海森:…这里在古代或许是一处凹陷的地宫。

Alhaitham:...It could have been an underground palace in the distant past.

拉赫曼:啊啊…赤王的奇迹!

Rahman:Ohhh... A miracle! Praise King Deshret!

派蒙:喂,他怎么也在这里!还有他的手下!

Paimon:What's he doing here!? And his men, too?

迪希雅:跟我们一起掉下来了吧。命挺硬的。

Dehya:They must have fallen down here with us. Pretty lucky if you ask me.

镀金旅团成员:唔…呜…

Eremite Mercenary:Ugh... Oh...

迪希雅:这几个看来是不行了,只有他情况好一些。

Dehya:Most of them seem in really bad shape, except for him. He got off lightly.

拉赫曼:…哼。

Rahman:...Hmph.

赛诺:小心你的脑袋。

Cyno:Mind your head.

拉赫曼:不,现在不是起争执的时候了…我等崇高的王,指引我们今日来到圣殿之中。

Rahman:No no, this isn't the time for conflict... Our exalted lord has shown us the way to his sacred palace.

派蒙:他该不会是想到那里面去吧…

Paimon:He's not actually gonna go in there, is he...

艾尔海森:巧了,我也想进去看看。

Alhaitham:As it happens, I want to take a look inside, too.

派蒙:你干嘛呀!

Paimon:What are you doing!?

艾尔海森:不觉得很有趣吗?小吉祥草王的力量保护我们免受灾害,随后…这里就出现了赤王文明的建筑。

Alhaitham:Don't you think it's curious? One minute, Lesser Lord Kusanali's power protects us from harm, and the next... remnants of King Deshret's civilization appear.

艾尔海森:两大神明争相展露力量,不见识一下太可惜了。

Alhaitham:Two major deities are vying to showcase their power to us. It would be a shame not to witness them both.

派蒙:你不是说你对神明没有兴趣吗!

Paimon:Paimon thought you weren't interested in gods!

艾尔海森:确实没有。于我而言,神明不过是另一种形态更高的生物罢了。说是动物也行。

Alhaitham:Indeed. In my view, gods are just a higher form of living being... or "creature," you could say.

艾尔海森:新鲜事物具有被一探究竟的价值。至于那是否与神明有关,谁在乎呢。

Alhaitham:New discoveries are always worth investigating. Whether they have anything to do with gods is neither here nor there.

迪希雅:拉赫曼,你的手下怎么办?

Dehya:Rahman, what are you gonna do about your men?

拉赫曼:就让他们躺在这里吧,赤王会保佑他的子民。现在,我要进入圣殿了。

Rahman:I'll just let them lay here — King Deshret will take care of his people... Right now, I'm going inside.

进入神秘遗迹 Enter the mysterious ruins

与赛诺对话 Talk to Cyno

赛诺:这一带充满了生命的气息。

Cyno:It's full of life here.

赛诺:不可思议…看上去都废弃了,内部流淌的力量却很充沛。

Cyno:This defies comprehension... It looked completely desolate from the outside, yet it flows with energy inside.

派蒙:对哦,好多植物,好漂亮呢。

Paimon:Yeah, and there's so many plants. It's so pretty.

艾尔海森:拉赫曼阁下。

Alhaitham:Sir Rahman.

拉赫曼:…叫我?

Rahman:...Huh? Me?

艾尔海森:还有其他人叫拉赫曼吗?

Alhaitham:Do you see another Rahman here?

拉赫曼:称我为阁下,又何尝不是一种嘲讽?

Rahman:Are you mocking me? What do you mean, "Sir"?

艾尔海森:随你怎么理解。不过我希望你能注意到一件事,这座建筑属于赤王文明,内部流淌的力量却属于草神。

Alhaitham:Interpret it however you want, but there's something I'd like to draw your attention to. While this structure is clearly left over from King Deshret's civilization, the energy that flows in here is that of the Dendro Archon.

拉赫曼:……

Rahman:...

拉赫曼:我没有神之眼,随你们怎么说。

Rahman:Whatever you say. It's not like I have a Vision.

艾尔海森:没什么好生气的,不过是一趟学术之旅罢了。

Alhaitham:There's nothing to be angry about. Think of this as an academic journey.

迪希雅:确实有些奇怪。如果真是这样…背后的原因,恐怕要把这里走个遍才能得出结论了。

Dehya:It does seem kinda strange. If that's true, then... we might have to explore this whole area to find an explanation.

深入探索遗迹 Proceed deeper within the ruins

与艾尔海森对话 Talk to Alhaitham

赛诺:等一下。

Cyno:Wait.

赛诺:那是什么?

Cyno:What's that?

派蒙:好多花…中间似乎还有什么东西…

Paimon:A load of flowers... And it looks like there's something among them...

旅行者:看起来像是一座坟墓。

Traveler:It looks like a tomb.

拉赫曼:这些是赤王的记号…

Rahman:These are King Deshret runes...

艾尔海森:有遗物。…嗯,是用古代文字写的悼念书。

Alhaitham:They left something behind... Yes, it's an elegy written in an ancient script.

迪希雅:写了什么?

Dehya:What does it say?

艾尔海森:「此处长眠着我等忠诚的祭司,卡萨勒。」

Alhaitham:"Here lies our faithful priest, Kasala."

艾尔海森:「他智慧如众人中的奇迹,又堪赞美与歌颂。」

Alhaitham:"His wisdom is a miracle among the people, deserving of high praise and admiration."

拉赫曼:你读得懂古代赤王文字?

Rahman:You can read ancient King Deshret script?

艾尔海森:没什么。每个年轻人毕业前都该学会至少二十种语言,不是吗。

Alhaitham:Of course. Every student needs to master at least 20 languages before they graduate.

派蒙:他是在开玩笑对吧?

Paimon:He's not serious, right?

赛诺:还是有什么不对劲的地方…这里元素力太浓了。

Cyno:There's still something off about this place... The elemental energy here is too concentrated.

赛诺:生命的味道…是在提示我们什么吗?

Cyno:The scent of life... Is it trying to tell us something?

艾尔海森:……

Alhaitham:Hm...

艾尔海森:这个吗?

Alhaitham:Is this it?

系统音:『正在解析…』

System Sound:Analyzing...

艾尔海森:……

Alhaitham:...

艾尔海森:这具骸骨上似乎还留有隐藏信息。

Alhaitham:There seems to be a hidden message among these skeletal remains.

艾尔海森:刚好,陵墓里有赤王文明遗留的仪器。我会将信息投送到那些装置上投射出来。

Alhaitham:Excellent. There's a device from King Deshret's civilization in this gravesite. I'll transmit the information over and project it for everyone to see.

拉赫曼:分享知识难道不违反你们的原则?

Rahman:Isn't sharing knowledge against the Akademiya's rules?

艾尔海森:违反。但鉴于你这样的人在场,我希望这些信息能被你直接接收到。

Alhaitham:Yes. However, under the circumstances, I'd prefer you to see this for yourself.

艾尔海森:看完你就会明白了。

Alhaitham:You'll understand after watching it.

骸骨主人遗留的记录为你们揭露了一些古老往事——

「知识之中诞生了文明,而同样,知识也能将文明毁灭。」

「灾难在不知不觉中降临了,那是不属于这个世界的知识。」

「自从赤王将『禁忌的知识』带到这个世界,便如同瘟疫一般散播开来。」

「脑海充斥着疯狂的呓语,灰黑色的鳞片爬满了背脊,」

「大地也似乎被夺去了生命,只剩绝望的死寂。」

**

「若非林中的大慈树王伸出援手,一切早已无法逆转。」

「她召集祭司修建起数座神庙,并倾注了生命的神力。」

「灾祸被奇迹般地遏止,文明的星火也得以在阿如村留存。」

「但『奇迹』无法长久,只要禁忌知识存在,便永远是这个世界的「病灶」。」

「直到最后,沙漠孤傲的王…我的王…选择了自我牺牲。」

**

「我的余生都在守护众神庙中的一座,如今这份职责也将要抵达终点。」

「在我彻底闭上眼睛的时候,眼前又会浮现起那位高洁的神明的身影…」

「为了配合赤王根除禁忌知识而透支力量,她的身形变得像孩童一般。」

「真是奇怪啊,想起她我便不再害怕死亡了…」

「因为我感受到…生命的气息将会伴我长眠。」

「沙漠的子民们啊,无需再记恨什么。」

「但唯独这份恩情,永远都不要遗忘。」

The record left by the owner of these remains reveals something of the bygone ages to you:

"Civilization is born of knowledge. But so, too, can knowledge be its demise."

"A disaster caught us unaware. It was knowledge that did not belong to this world."

"King Deshret brought this forbidden knowledge into our world, and it quickly spread like a plague."

"People's minds were filled with crazed whispers. Dark gray scales spread across their bodies."

"Even the land was stripped of its vigor. Only a desperate, deathly silence remained."

**

"Were it not for Greater Lord Rukkhadevata from the forests, the damage would have been irreversible."

"She summoned the priests to build temples, and infused into them the divine power of life."

"The disaster was miraculously tempered, and the embers of our civilization were preserved in Aaru Village."

"Alas, the miracle could not last. As long as forbidden knowledge continued to exist, it would forever blight this world."

"In the end, the proud king of the desert... my eternal lord... chose to sacrifice himself."

**

"I have spent my whole life since guarding one of these many temples, but now, my duty is coming to an end."

"As I close my eyes for the final time, the sight of that noble deity will appear in my vision once more..."

"In helping King Dehsret to eradicate forbidden knowledge, she exhausted her strength, and her form became that of a small child."

"How strange... now that I think of her, I no longer have any fear of death..."

"For I sense that... the spirit of life will abide with me during my eternal sleep."

"Children of the desert, cling no longer to past grievances."

"But hold tight to the memory of this act of benevolence."

迪希雅:刚才那是…什么?

Dehya:What was that...?

艾尔海森:这具骸骨的回忆。

Alhaitham:The priest's memories.

拉赫曼:不…不——!不可能!

Rahman:No... no! Impossible!

赛诺:大慈树王…前代草神,与赤王竟然不是敌对关系。

Cyno:Greater Lord Rukkhadevata... So the former Dendro Archon and King Deshret were never enemies at all...

拉赫曼:这怎么可能?!草神的子民,分明都是…

Rahman:But... this doesn't make any sense! The Dendro Archon's followers... they're clearly...

派蒙:那是前代草神吗…她最后变得好小…

Paimon:Was that the former Dendro Archon? She became so tiny in the end...

旅行者:(……)

Traveler:(...)

旅行者:(大慈树王对赤王及他的子民伸出了援手。可想要根除禁忌知识,竟需要付出那么多力量…)

Traveler:(Greater Lord Rukkhadevata came to the rescue of King Deshret and his people, but eradicating the forbidden knowledge took so much of her power...)

旅行者:(到头来,这两位神明的子民互相仇恨,视彼此为死敌,却没想到双方是如此生死与共。)

Traveler:(The two deities' followers have resented each other all this time, completely unaware that their gods stuck by each other through life and death.)

艾尔海森:就算在你看来虚空会欺骗别人,赤王的科技你总该相信吧。

Alhaitham:You might be distrustful of the Akasha, but there's no reason for you to doubt King Deshret's technology.

艾尔海森:这些都是赤王祭司的「遗言」。

Alhaitham:You've just witnessed his priest's last words.

拉赫曼:我…从未在任何地方听说过这种事…

Rahman:I've... never heard about any of this before...

拉赫曼:过去,赤王子民中所有幸存者都聚集在阿如村。我们的神明不会犯下错误,我们不愿也不会相信那些谣言。

Rahman:The surviving followers of King Deshret all gathered in Aaru Village. Our god did not make mistakes... We refused to believe any of the rumors.

拉赫曼:赤王之死,我们的文明几近毁灭…都是因为大慈树王降临!

Rahman:King Deshret's death, the all-but-total annihilation of our civilization... It was all Greater Lord Rukkhadevata's doing!

拉赫曼:对我们而言,大慈树王不过是在灾难发生时捅了我们一刀的罪魁祸首…就像人和人那样,在沙漠中厮杀、争斗、结仇。

Rahman:We saw her as nothing more than a traitor, who stabbed us in the back in our moment of crisis... Just like us humans, fighting, feuding, double-crossing each other to survive in the desert.

赛诺:你们的视野太过狭隘。

Cyno:You were blinded by your prejudice.

拉赫曼:哈…哈哈…要不是亲眼所见,要不是我这双眼睛、这双耳朵、这颗心,都切切实实地感受到那些遗言…

Rahman:Hah... haha... If I hadn't seen this for myself... If I hadn't witnessed his last words with my own eyes, ears, and heart...

拉赫曼:我又怎么敢相信世上有如此不可理喻的偏差?!你要我如何相信,我向我的恩人举起屠刀,就这样过了那么多年!

Rahman:How could I ever begin to accept this? The truth is so far from what I've always known. Am I really supposed to believe that after all these years... All this time seeking revenge... Suddenly now my enemy is my savior!?

迪希雅:拉赫曼…够了。

Dehya:Rahman... That's enough.

迪希雅:别再说了。别让自己像个笑话。

Dehya:Give it a rest. You're starting to make a fool of yourself.

拉赫曼:…迪希雅,你说…

Rahman:...Dehya, tell me...

拉赫曼:我和我的旅团…究竟在为什么争斗?

Rahman:My Eremites and I... What are we even fighting for?

拉赫曼花了好长时间平复心情。趁这段时间,众人在神殿内参观了一番。

Rahman takes some time to collect his thoughts, while the rest of the party continues to explore the temple.

不过那并不奇怪,对任何信徒而言,方才的一切都会是难以接受的事实。

Rahman's reaction is nothing strange. To any believer, the truth he had just witnessed would have been difficult to accept.

迪希雅:喂,你怎么样了?

Dehya:Hey, how're you doing?

拉赫曼:…谢谢你,我没事。

Rahman:...I'll live, heh. Thanks.

拉赫曼:该走了吧。也不能一直呆在这里。

Rahman:I should probably go. I can't just stay here forever.

迪希雅:回去以后有什么打算?

Dehya:What's your next move gonna be?

拉赫曼:我知道你要问什么。我为我的作为感到愧疚…你们想要的事,都会有结果。

Rahman:I know what you're going to ask... I feel deeply ashamed of everything I've done. You'll get everything you're asking for.

拉赫曼:不过,给我一点时间。我得向兄弟们解释今天的一切。

Rahman:But please, give me some time. After everything that's happened here today... Somehow, I need to explain it to the others.

迪希雅:肯定不会太容易。

Dehya:It's not gonna be easy.

拉赫曼:那就是我的事了。迪希雅,这是我的据点。记一下。

Rahman:Well, I guess that's for me to deal with. Dehya, this is where our camp's located. Make a note of it.

迪希雅:我们什么时候过去比较好?

Dehya:When would be a good time for us to go?

拉赫曼:明天。到那时,我会说服大家相信你们都是盟友。

Rahman:Tomorrow. I'll convince everyone that we're all on the same side.

拉赫曼:你们的疯…不,守村人,我都会悉数送还。至于其他资源,也可以与你们共享。

Rahman:And I'll return every last one of your mad— Sorry, your Village Keepers. We'll share our other resources with you, too.

赛诺:你似乎已经明白了,敌人是贤者。

Cyno:You seem to finally understand that our true enemy is the sages.

拉赫曼:是啊。神明没有遗弃人,是人自己创造了「业」。

Rahman:Yes. The gods never gave up on anyone. It's the people responsible for all this that need to face the consequences of their actions.

派蒙:那家伙好像想通了。

Paimon:That must've been rough, but he seems to have figured things out now.

迪希雅:拉赫曼并不是那么愚昧的人。能在沙漠中建立自己的势力,他多少有些本事。

Dehya:sigh Rahman's no fool. Being the leader of your own faction in the desert is no easy feat.

迪希雅:只可惜,赤王信仰左右了他。不过这么一来,我们也算是有了新帮手。

Dehya:It's too bad he was held back by his belief in King Deshret, but now that that's changed, I guess we have a few more people on our side.

旅行者:是好事呢。

Traveler:This is a turn for the better.

艾尔海森:至少结果还算说得过去。

Alhaitham:The outcome, at least, is favorable.

派蒙:我们也走吧,回去吃点东西,好好睡一觉,等明天精力充沛地去找那些人。

Paimon:We should get going too. Let's head back, have a proper meal, and a nice, long sleep! We'll need all our energy tomorrow.

赛诺:……

Cyno:...

派蒙:喂,赛诺——!走啦!

Paimon:Cynooooo! We're leaving!

赛诺:…别叫了。

Cyno:...Stop yelling.

离开遗迹 Leave the ruins

前往镀金旅团据点 Go to the Eremites' hideout

与学者们对话 Talk to the scholars

迪希雅:拉赫曼,我们来了。

Dehya:Rahman, we're here.

拉赫曼:都安排好了。稍后会有人帮忙把他们送回阿如村。

Rahman:Everything's been arranged. Someone will bring the Village Keepers back to Aaru Village shortly.

迪希雅:不管怎么说,谢谢你能帮忙。

Dehya:I guess all I can say now is... thanks for agreeing to help.

拉赫曼:别客气。过程也不怎么顺利,对吧。

Rahman:Don't mention it. I think we can both agree you went to hell and back for it.

拉赫曼:你们和我利害一致。往后,就以同伴互称吧。

Rahman:But we share a common cause now. From here on out, we're allies.

赛诺:犯人在哪里?

Cyno:Where are the perpetrators?

拉赫曼:我带你过去。

Rahman:I'll bring you to them. Follow me.

艾尔海森:这些就是绑架守村人的犯人了吧。

Alhaitham:So these are the people who kidnapped the Village Keepers.

莫尔吉:书记官?!

Morghi:Oh no, it's the scribe!?

艾尔海森:不必叫喊。谁都帮不了你们。

Alhaitham:There's no need to yell. No one can help you now.

派蒙:都怪你们,我们才要在沙漠里来回跑!

Paimon:We've been all over the desert trying to find you!

赛诺:…没错。

Cyno:That's right.

莫尔吉:大风纪官?!不、不,杀了我吧盗贼!

Morghi:General Mahamatra!? No, no! M—Make it quick, please! Swift and painless...

派蒙:他们看到赛诺的表情,简直像看到幽灵一样…

Paimon:Whoa, the moment they set eyes on Cyno, they turn pale like they've seen a ghost...

赛诺:你们应该做好了被我找到的觉悟。

Cyno:You should've known that I would be coming for you.

莫尔吉:不是的,我们都是奉命行事!你应该知道的吧?这些事、这些事根本不可能是个人所为啊!

Morghi:W—Wait! We were just following orders! You know what I'm talking about, right? Th—There's no way we could've done all this by ourselves!

朱达尔:不行,我不想被赛诺处理…我会像被野兽追猎的牲畜那样死得惨不忍睹!

Judar:No, not Cyno... He's gonna tear us limb from limb!

赛诺:或许还不如牲畜。

Cyno:I could do worse.

莫尔吉:请…请不要对我们动手…

Morghi:P—Please have mercy!

赛诺:不开口也行。我自有办法。

Cyno:Start talking. Otherwise, I'll have to resort to... other methods.

艾尔海森:所以,上面让你们做这么多事,究竟有什么目的?

Alhaitham:So... Your superiors have kept you quite busy recently. Why? What are they trying to accomplish?

朱达尔:就是…就是提取罐装知识啊…

Judar:Um... they, um, wanted to extract Canned Knowledge...

艾尔海森:别装傻,你知道我在问什么。

Alhaitham:Don't play dumb. You know what I'm really asking.

艾尔海森:提取神明罐装知识,下一步是什么?

Alhaitham:They extract Divine Canned Knowledge... then what?

莫尔吉:我…实在不知道该怎么说…

Morghi:I... I, uh, really don't know how to explain it...

派蒙:喂!态度端正一点,否则我们就不客气了!

Paimon:Well, you better start talking, or you'll be sorry!

迪希雅:可不要自讨苦吃哦?

Dehya:You don't wanna make things any more difficult for yourself, do ya?

旅行者:我来问,可以吗?

Traveler:May I ask them a question?

赛诺:可以。

Cyno:Be my guest.

旅行者:贤者们想创造神,对吗?

Traveler:The sages are trying to create a new god, aren't they?

赛诺:——!

Cyno:!

艾尔海森:……

Alhaitham:Huh?

迪希雅:欸?刚才那句应该不是比喻句,是认真的吧?

Dehya:Huh? That sure didn't sound like a fancy metaphor or anything... You're serious, aren't you?

莫尔吉:…你…为什么会知道?

Morghi:How did you know?

朱达尔:别瞒了…是的,如你所说。

Judar:There's no use hiding it now... Yes, you're right.

朱达尔:教令院正在执行一个伟大的、可能改变世界的计划。他们想要创造属于自己、属于须弥的新神明。

Judar:The Akademiya is working on an important and potentially world-changing project. They are creating a new god... a god that will belong to them, and to the people of Sumeru.

朱达尔:虽然表面上还很兴盛,但在大慈树王离世后,须弥学术方面几乎没有再出现质的突破…

Judar:It may seem as if Sumeru's academics are thriving, but ever since the death of Greater Lord Rukkhadevata, scholarly breakthroughs have been few and far between.

朱达尔:再加上近来世界树枯萎得越来越严重,贤者们几乎试遍了所有办法,都没用。他们常说,如果大慈树王还在的话…

Judar:The withering of Irminsul has been getting worse recently. The sages have tried everything they could think of, but nothing's worked. I'm always hearing them say things like, "If only Greater Lord Rukkhadevata was still with us..."

赛诺:…接着说。

Cyno:...Continue.

朱达尔:就在那时,一个愚人众的成员,他们管他叫「博士」…他带来了一颗…一颗「神之心」,说是想借用院内的研究环境。

Judar:And then, someone from the Fatui showed up. They called him "The Doctor"... He brought a... a "Gnosis," and said he wanted to borrow the Akademiya's research facilities.

朱达尔:「博士」以前是被须弥教令院驱逐出去的人,贤者们原本很看不起他…可当他说出那句话的时候,所有人表情都变了。

Judar:The Doctor was previously expelled from the Akademiya. At first, the sages looked down at him in disdain... But when he said those words, everyone's expression changed.

朱达尔:他问他们:「你们想造神吗?」

Judar:He asked them: "Do you wish to create a god?"

艾尔海森:…这就是学术尽头的痴愚和狂妄。

Alhaitham:...This is what the arrogant ignorance at the extreme end of academia looks like.

朱达尔:教令院首先花费了很久,以一个精妙的仿生人偶为基础,建造了「神明的躯体」。

Judar:First, the Akademiya spent a long time constructing a "divine vessel," which was based on an exquisite humanoid puppet.

朱达尔:又利用「花神诞祭的轮回」收割梦境,最大化虚空的输出功率…

Judar:After that, they harvested dreams via the Sabzeruz Festival samsara, maximizing the Akasha's output...

朱达尔:在「博士」的帮助下,最高输出态的虚空成功地导出了「神之心」所蕴含的力量,使之成为「神明的核心」。

Judar:With The Doctor's help, and the Akasha now functioning at maximum efficiency, they were able to use it to extract the power from the Gnosis and convert it into a "divine core."

朱达尔:随后,他们提出,要令新神拥有「神明的智慧」。为了这一点,需要…需要大量罐装神明知识。

Judar:Next, they decided that their new god needed to possess "divine wisdom." For that to happen... they needed a huge quantity of Divine Canned Knowledge.

迪希雅:…连上了。

Dehya:...It adds up.

艾尔海森:可你们怎么确认那些是属于神明的知识?

Alhaitham:But how do you determine whether the knowledge extracted is of divine origin?

莫尔吉:也只是推断,教令院研究了数百年,却依然不清楚是什么让学者发疯…

Morghi:Call it an educated guess... The Akademiya has been trying to figure out the exact source of the scholars' madness for centuries, but to no avail...

莫尔吉:没人能解读那种不可思议的现象,书记官,你应该明白这意味着什么吧?

Morghi:Nobody can explain the cause of this phenomenon. Surely you can see what that implies, Scribe Alhaitham?

莫尔吉:如果地上没有任何人能读懂,那就是神明才能解读的知识了,也就是说…那些,就是智慧之神全知全能的来源。

Morghi:If it's knowledge no mortal can comprehend, then it must be something only gods are able to decipher. In other words... it's the source of the God of Wisdom's omniscience and omnipotence.

艾尔海森:……

Alhaitham:...

【选项1】

旅行者:可是那样一来,贤者创造出的…

Traveler: But the sages' end product won't be Greater Lord Rukkhadevata...

【选项2】

旅行者:不会是大慈树王,而是散兵啊。

Traveler: It will be The Balladeer.

艾尔海森:你应该已经发现了。教令院并不在乎神明是谁,他们仅仅是渴望神明用以掌控智慧的权能。

Alhaitham:You must have noticed by now — the Akademiya doesn't care about who their god is. It's the ability to exercise control over knowledge and wisdom that matters.

艾尔海森:「全知全能」四个字,对他们来说就像是燃烧血液的诅咒。

Alhaitham:It is as if they are cursed with a desire for omniscience and omnipotence that burns in their blood.

艾尔海森:有些生物具有「趋光性」,一生都向往光源。对贤者来说,唯有象征智慧顶点的神明存在,他们才能看到希望。

Alhaitham:Some organisms demonstrate phototaxis, and thus orient their entire lives in respect to sources of light. For the sages, their only source of hope is the existence of a deity who embodies the acme of wisdom.

艾尔海森:这也是一种趋光性。智慧之神若不存在,对许多学者而言,意味着让他们终生在黑暗中摸索。

Alhaitham:This is but a form of phototaxis. For many scholars, the absence of a God of Wisdom means stumbling in the darkness for the duration of their lives.

赛诺:那小吉祥草王,对你们而言又是什么?

Cyno:Then what does Lesser Lord Kusanali mean to you?

赛诺:她难道不是真实存在的神明吗?既然已经拥有一个新神,为什么还要创造别的神?

Cyno:Is she not a true god present in this world? If you already have a new god, why try to create another one?

莫尔吉:教令院…打从一开始就没把她当神来对待。

Morghi:...From the beginning, the Akademiya has never treated her as a god.

莫尔吉:最初,教令院寻得了新生的智慧之神——小吉祥草王。贤者们期盼着她能如大慈树王一般智慧,可事实上…

Morghi:When the Akademiya first discovered Lesser Lord Kusanali, the newborn God of Wisdom, the sages hoped that she would be as wise as Greater Lord Rukkhadevata. But upon evaluation...

莫尔吉:事实上,那时她的智能与普通孩童相仿。这件事让贤者们从未如此清醒,他们意识到,大慈树王死了。

Morghi:They found that, at that time, she possessed no more intelligence than any ordinary human child. The sages never had a ruder awakening... This forced them to accept that Greater Lord Rukkhadevata had indeed passed away.

莫尔吉:何况…小吉祥草王的「神之心」正被用来维系虚空运转,而她自己既没有神明的力量,也没有超群的智慧…

Morghi:Not to mention that Lesser Lord Kusanali's Gnosis has been used to power the Akasha this entire time. By herself, she has neither an archon's raw power, nor the spectacular insight expected of a God of Wisdom...

莫尔吉:渐渐地,人们便记不起她了。

Morghi:Slowly but surely, people began to forget about her existence.

赛诺:这就是贤者的选择…是吗?

Cyno:So... this is the path the sages have chosen?

旅行者:(即使到了这种地步,他们也从未正视小吉祥草王…)

Traveler:(Even now, they still refuse to acknowledge Lesser Lord Kusanali...)

旅行者:(…没想到,身为神明都会遭遇如此残酷的事。)

Traveler:(...I never imagined a god could be subjected to such cruelty.)

迪希雅:好了,都消消气。大家情绪这么不好,不如换个地方说话。

Dehya:Alright, let's try to keep our cool. If everyone's in a bad mood, then let's change up our scenery.

迪希雅:拉赫曼,出几个人,陪我们送守村人回阿如村吧。还有这两个学者,我要一起带回去。

Dehya:Rahman, give me a few men to help us escort the Village Keepers back to the village. And these two scholars — they're coming too.

拉赫曼:好,你们说了算。

Rahman:Sure, as you wish.

返回阿如村村长家 Go back to the village chief's house

坎蒂丝:送回来的各位守村人都已返回家中,由专人照看。那两名学者也已经被严加看管起来,各位,你们辛苦了。

Candace:The Village Keepers you found have all been returned to their homes, and each one has a dedicated caregiver to look after them. The two new scholars are being kept under close supervision, too. Really great work, everyone.

派蒙:呃…气氛好沉重啊…

Paimon:Uh... the atmosphere's so heavy...

旅行者:(才经历了那些事,难免会觉得伤感。)

Traveler:(It's hard to not feel weighed down by what we just learned.)

旅行者:(为众人付出许多、奉献所有的小吉祥草王,对教令院而言不过是丢弃在净善宫里的弃子…)

Traveler:(Despite everything Lesser Lord Kusanali has done for her people, the Akademiya has abandoned her in the Sanctuary of Surasthana like a lost cause...)

旅行者:(而被她守护的人,从未想过世上还有那样一个小小的、孩子般的神明。)

Traveler:(Even those she's protected have never realized there's such a small and childlike god in the world.)

派蒙:喂,你说句话啊,别发呆了!

Paimon:Hey, say something! Stop spacing out!

迪希雅:咳咳!我说…大家没有什么想聊的吗?那至少喝口水调整一下气氛吧。

Dehya:C'mon, is there... nothing left to talk about? In that case, let's all get some water and try to think about something else.

坎蒂丝:或者,我再去找点零食来…

Candace:Or, I can go fetch some snacks...

派蒙:那、那我陪坎蒂丝去拿东西好了!啊哈哈…

Paimon:Oh, Paimon's so coming with you!

赛诺:旅行者,你有什么打算?

Cyno:Do you have any plans, Traveler?

迪希雅:我的天哪,听起来像在聊工作…

Dehya:Gods above, you're not talking about work, are you...

旅行者:我想先把我知道的事分享给你们。

Traveler:I want to share everything I know with all of you.

艾尔海森:果然还有所保留啊。

Alhaitham:Hm, so you were still witholding some information?

【选项1】

旅行者:嗯。抱歉,之前还有不确定的事…

Traveler: Yes, I'm sorry. I had my reasons...

【选项2】

旅行者:但现在我知道,大家都是同伴。

Traveler: But now I know we're all in this together.

趁着酝酿话语的空隙,坎蒂丝和派蒙匆匆找来零食和茶水。

In between the conversations, Candace and Paimon bring over snacks and tea.

迪希雅神情很放松,似乎并未被沉重的话题影响太多。

Dehya's expression is relaxed, as if her mood hasn't been affected by the heavy conversation at all.

赛诺面色凝重,像是下定了某种决心。

一直以来支撑他的信念,他对于「正确」的追逐…似乎有了答案。

Cyno has a firm and solemn expression on his face. It looks like he's made up his mind about something.

The core of his beliefs, his motivation to pursue the right course of action... everything is now clear to him.

而艾尔海森,也表现出了倾听的意愿。

Alhaitham also turns towards the crowd. He wants to listen, too.

…随后,一切故事都被娓娓道来。

关于此前在须弥的见闻、所亲历的感受、掌握的秘密…都被详尽地摆到了明面。

与他们共享这些信息,意味着大家都是同伴。从今天起,为了共同的目的战斗。

...After that, the whole story comes out.

All the experiences, feelings, and secrets are shared freely with everyone.

To share everything means to consider everyone as allies. From today on, everyone will fight for the same goal.

派蒙:就算是自己经历的事,被你这样说出来,还是觉得好不可思议啊。

Paimon:Even though we lived through all of this firsthand, it still feels super surreal to hear you talk about it again.

旅行者:以上就是我们在须弥的经历了。

Traveler:...That's everything we've experienced so far in Sumeru.

迪希雅:真是惊心动魄啊,听得我都不敢用力呼吸。

Dehya:What a whirlwind of a story! I felt like I was holding my breath the whole time.

艾尔海森:…接下来要面对的问题,比我预想的还多。

Alhaitham:...It seems like there will be more issues to face in the days ahead than I had anticipated.

赛诺:……

Cyno:...

迪希雅:不过,现在的确是个好时机。拉赫曼他们刚好也加入了,多一个帮手多一份力气。

Dehya:Still, now's a good time to make our next move. Now that Rahman's joined us, we'll be an even stronger team.

赛诺:是时候制定计划了。

Cyno:It's time to make a plan.

艾尔海森:确实,眼下的一切超出「规则」太多了,不能再放任事态恶化下去。

Alhaitham:Indeed. These events are a flagrant transgression of the rules in every sense. We cannot allow it to continue.

坎蒂丝:各位,是已经有答案了吗?

Candace:So, everyone, are we on the same page?

赛诺:击垮贤者,拯救神明…这就是我们的最终目的。

Cyno:Crush the sages, and rescue our god... that is our ultimate goal.

【选项1】

旅行者:无论接下去有多困难…

Traveler: No matter what lies ahead...

【选项2】

旅行者:我都会全力以赴。

Traveler: I will do my utmost.

艾尔海森:那么,好好地想一想,还有哪些可利用的资源。

Alhaitham:Well, let's brainstorm a little more about what other resources we can draw on.

迪希雅:下一次在这里开会,我们要拿出答案。

Dehya:The next time we gather here, we must have a solid plan.

派蒙:嗯!一定没问题的!

Paimon:Yep! It'll work out for sure!

最后更新于