聚光灯下谎言成影 Lies Cast Shadows Under Gathered Lights

魔术现场突发意外,被选中的观众也不知所踪。所有矛头都指向了林尼和琳妮特,但你仍然对此抱有疑问… A sudden accident occurs at the scene of the magic show, and the chosen audience member is also nowhere to be found. All indications point to Lyney and

与警备队员交谈 Talk to the Gardes

派蒙:警官先生你好,请问你们的调查有进展了吗?

Paimon:Hello, Officer. How's the investigation going?

旅行者:我们是林尼和琳妮特的代理人。

Traveler:We're Lyney and Lynette's attorneys.

埃斯蒙德:原来如此,你就是芙宁娜大人提到的异乡旅人。但我丑话说在先,你们还是别趟这浑水为妙。

Esmond:Ah, I see. You must be the traveler that Lady Furina mentioned. Listen, I'll be perfectly honest with you... I'd avoid getting mixed up in this whirlpool of a mess if I were you.

派蒙:欸?这是什么意思?

Paimon:Huh? What do you mean?

埃斯蒙德:跟我来就明白了。

Esmond:Come with me and you'll see.

埃斯蒙德:死者是考威尔,是林尼的助演之一,虽然加入时间不长,但勤恳努力,大家对他的印象都很好。

Esmond:The deceased is one of Lyney's assistants, named Cowell. Even though he hadn't joined the troupe long, he was hardworking and everyone generally liked him.

埃斯蒙德:助演的工作,一般是布置与检查道具,还有在舞台上配合表演与调动气氛。

Esmond:The assistants are usually in charge of setting up and inspecting the props, as well as assisting with the show and keeping the crowd engaged.

埃斯蒙德:你们在观众席应该也看到了,水箱突然掉下来,砸中了箱子里的考威尔。

Esmond:As you probably saw when you were in the audience, the water tank suddenly fell and smashed the box with Cowell inside it.

【选项1】

旅行者:为什么箱子里会是考威尔?

Traveler: But why was Cowell inside?

【选项2】

旅行者:不应该是那个少女吗?

Traveler: Wasn't the girl supposed to be in there?

埃斯蒙德:这就是令人困惑的地方,我们已经在调查了,可惜并没能找到那位少女的行踪。

Esmond:This is the real mystery. We've already searched the scene and were unable to find any traces of the girl.

埃斯蒙德:不过你们看,魔术箱的位置正好在水箱的正下方,而绳索也是被烟花烧断的。

Esmond:However, if you look carefully, the box was positioned directly under the water tank. The ropes holding the tank were then burned by the pyrotechnics on stage, causing them to snap.

埃斯蒙德:从事故的角度去审视,未免太过巧合。

Esmond:All these factors lining up so perfectly makes it hard to see this as a mere accident.

埃斯蒙德:但如果这是精心策划的事件,这些布置就能说通了,而林尼就是最可能做这些事的人。

Esmond:If anything, the more logical explanation is that the whole incident was intentionally planned, and Lyney is the most likely person to have access to all these areas.

派蒙:可是,他完全没理由啊…

Paimon:But he doesn't have a motive...

埃斯蒙德:你们都是他的好朋友吗?

Esmond:Are you both good friends of his?

派蒙:呃,也不能说是吧,但认识了一小段时间。

Paimon:Uh, well, you can't say we're "good friends," but we've known each other for, uh, a little while.

埃斯蒙德:认识了一小段时间,就能赢得你们的信任,甚至让你们愿意成为代理人。

Esmond:So in just a short time, he was not only able to win your trust, but even convince you to act as his attorneys.

埃斯蒙德:我知道世上并不存在「魔术」,但魔术师最擅长的,就是把人玩弄于股掌之间。

Esmond:I know there's no such thing as "magic." The real trick of a magician is holding the audience in the palm of their hand.

埃斯蒙德:我见过太多案件了,人是所有证物中最不可靠的一种。

Esmond:I've seen a lot of cases, and I can tell you that people are the least reliable kind of evidence.

【选项1】

旅行者:也不能这么说吧。

Traveler: But that's not always true.

【选项2】

旅行者:也可能是最可靠的一种。

Traveler: People can also be the most reliable evidence.

埃斯蒙德:抱歉,我说话比较直接,请你们理解成是我在好言相劝。

Esmond:Sorry, I tend to be pretty straightforward... Just know that I'm warning you for your own good.

埃斯蒙德:如果你们好奇的话,也可以在罪案现场调查一番,说不定会有意外收获。

Esmond:Anyway, you may investigate the scene of the crime yourselves if you're curious. Who knows, maybe you'll be able to come up with some new evidence.

在歌剧院内调查案件线索 Look for clues inside the opera house

派蒙:就是这个被烧断了,才让水箱掉下来了吧。

Paimon:So this is the rope that broke and caused the water tank to fall.

派蒙:看上去这绳子还挺结实的啊,居然会被烟花点燃…

Paimon:The rope looks pretty durable! How could it be burned through so quickly by fireworks?

【选项1】

旅行者:(林尼没注意到安全隐患吗?)

Traveler: (So either Lyney didn't realize this was a safety concern...)

【选项2】

旅行者:(还是说…)

Traveler: (Or...)

派蒙:怎么啦,突然若有所思的样子。

Paimon:Hmm? Why are you suddenly so serious, Traveler?

旅行者:我看看绳子断掉的地方。

Traveler:I'm just looking at where the rope snapped.

派蒙:呜哇,这个地方,材质不一样吧!

Paimon:Whoa! Look, this bit's made from different material!

派蒙:几乎都烧掉了,但还留了一点点。

Paimon:Most of it was burned away, but there's still a little bit of it left.

【选项1】

旅行者:是易燃材料。

Traveler: It seems to be flammable.

【选项2】

旅行者:像是火绒。

Traveler: Like a type of flash cotton.

派蒙:承重的绳子里居然有这种东西,这不就说明…

Paimon:Huh, so if a rope meant to hold something was made with that kind of material in it, then that means...

派蒙:我来记,我来记,记下来!

Paimon:Wait, Paimon should write all this down! Let's take notes!

在歌剧院内调查案件线索 Look for clues inside the opera house

肯特:调查组那边有新的消息了,那个选号器果然有问题。

Quentin:The investigation team has some new findings. Turns out there's an issue with the random number selector after all.

沃恩:是吧,你看我就跟你说,要是选到了一个男的,那凶手还要不要行动啊?

Vaughn:See, I told you. What if the machine picked some big guy's seat? You think the murderer would've still made his move then?

派蒙:抱歉打扰了,我们正在帮林尼和琳妮特调查案件,你们说的选号器是怎么回事啊?

Paimon:Sorry to interrupt, but we're helping Lyney and Lynette with their side of the investigation. What were you saying about the number selector? There's something wrong with it?

肯特:帮他们?唔,估计很难帮上忙了。

Quentin:You're trying to help them? Heh, that'll be a tall order.

沃恩:演出的时候,林尼不是选了个随机的幸运观众,后来那个少女就失踪了嘛。

Vaughn:Lyney used the machine to pick a random member of the audience during his performance, right? The lucky girl that later disappeared.

沃恩:我们当时就怀疑那个选号器有很大的问题,马上就带回去查了。

Vaughn:Well, we thought there might be a serious problem with the machine, so we had it taken away for further inspection.

肯特:结果就发现,根本不是随机的结果,不管怎么按,它的结果都是固定的。

Quentin:It turns out that the seat number it picked wasn't random at all. The machine picks that same number every time.

肯特:你们应该知道,无论是歌剧还是审判,要提前登记才会有座位。

Quentin:I'm sure you already know that you have to make a reservation in advance to get a seat, regardless of whether it's a trial or some performance.

肯特:换言之,谁会坐在什么地方,林尼从一开始就知道。

Quentin:In other words, Lyney knew who would be sitting where from the very beginning.

派蒙:确实,我们的位置也是林尼帮忙安排的…

Paimon:Hmm, that much checks out. Lyney reserved our seats for us, too...

肯特:现在知道我为什么会说危险了吧。

Quentin:Bet you see why I was saying it'd be tough to make a case for Lyney.

旅行者:谢谢,打扰了。

Traveler:Thanks, sorry to bother you.

派蒙:虽然对林尼很不利,但我还是记下来吧。

Paimon:Hmm, even though it's bad for Lyney's case, Paimon had better write it down.

在歌剧院内调查案件线索 Look for clues inside the opera house

派蒙:你好,你们这是在调查什么啊?

Paimon:Hello there. What are you investigating?

玛维斯:哦,因为魔术团的成员都被视为重点嫌疑人,所以这里也被封锁了,警备队正在调查取证。

Maurice:Hmm? Oh, this location has also been cordoned off because the magic troupe members are currently considered prime suspects. The investigation team is still collecting evidence.

玛维斯:这里的座位都是预约制的,从预约名单上,我们查到了失踪少女的身份。

Maurice:The seats were all booked in advance, so we were able to deduce the missing woman's identity by checking the guest list.

【选项1】

旅行者:能告诉我们吗?

Traveler: Could you tell us who she is?

【选项2】

旅行者:我们是林尼和琳妮特的代理人。

Traveler: We're Lyney and Lynette's attorneys.

玛维斯:没问题啊,这不是什么机密的消息。之后我们也会公开,请民众协助我们找人。

Maurice:Sure, it's not like this is confidential information. We will publish it later anyway when we petition the public to help us find the missing person.

玛维斯:她的名字叫做海尔希,枫丹人,是一位画家,小有名气。

Maurice:Her name is Halsey. She's a painter from Fontaine who's made a bit of a name for herself.

玛维斯:据说她是因为创作压力比较大,才到这里来看魔术表演的,并不是常客。

Maurice:Apparently, she wasn't a regular at the opera house, but she'd been feeling some pressure with her work lately, which made her decide to come see the magic show.

玛维斯:魔术团的人都表示不认识她,她的人际关系我们也调查了,和嫌疑人均不存在恩仇与利益纠葛。

Maurice:The magic troupe members all claim to not know her. We have looked into her social connections. It seems that she has no personal grievances or conflicts of interest with the suspects.

玛维斯:简单来说,就是完全无关啦,和之前的「少女连环失踪案」的特征完全相同。

Maurice:Simply put, she wasn't related to the magic troupe at all, which matches the features of the previous serial disappearances.

派蒙:以前的案件也是随机挑选目标吗?

Paimon:Were the victims of the previous cases also chosen at random?

玛维斯:至少在我们看来是这样的,身份信息上除了她们都是岁数相近的年轻女性,也就没有什么关联了。

Maurice:That's how it seems to us, in any case. Apart from the fact that they were all young women of around the same age range, there really weren't any other connections between them.

派蒙:好吧。

Paimon:Huh... Okay then.

旅行者:谢谢你能告诉我们这些。

Traveler:Thanks for letting us know all this.

玛维斯:你们客气了,如果之后见到了这位女士,请一定要和我们联系。

Maurice:No need to be so formal. If you do happen to see the missing girl, please be sure to contact us.

玛维斯:侦破「少女连环失踪案」这件事,实在是太重要了。

Maurice:It is of utmost importance that we get to the bottom of these disappearances.

在歌剧院内调查案件线索 Look for clues inside the opera house

埃塞尔雷德:我看你们在这附近调查吧,我正好也很感兴趣。

Esildor:I see that you're investigating the area. Well, it just so happens that I'm interested, too.

埃塞尔雷德:如果有什么新鲜的情报,我们可以互通有无,是吧?

Esildor:If you find any new and interesting leads, be sure to share them with me, alright?

派蒙:嗯,我们目前还没有太多想法…

Paimon:We don't have too many thoughts yet...

埃塞尔雷德:嘿嘿,那不如先听听我的推论。我觉得,这一切的起点,其实是那一声闷响。

Esildor:Hehe, then why don't I tell you my hypothesis first? The way I see it, it all started with that loud thud.

派蒙:闷响?哦!是倒计时的时候传来的声音吧?

Paimon:The thud? Oh, you mean the sound that happened during the countdown?

埃塞尔雷德:没错,虽然声音不算大,但我相信大部分人都听到了。

Esildor:Yes, exactly. It wasn't terribly loud, but I suspect that most people heard it.

埃塞尔雷德:只是大家都在期待林尼的魔术,没往心里去,但既然发生了事件,这就变成重要的线索了。

Esildor:It's just that everyone was awaiting the result of Lyney's trick with bated breath, so no one paid it much mind. But now that the incident has happened, the thud has become an important clue.

派蒙:有道理。那你是怎么想的呢?

Paimon:Hmm, that makes sense. So, what do you make of it?

埃塞尔雷德:我觉得,说不定是林尼的同伙,比如琳妮特跳到水箱上面的声音。

Esildor:I'm of the opinion that it may have been the sound of Lyney's accomplice — Lynette perhaps — jumping atop the water tank, or something like that.

埃塞尔雷德:看准了烟花炸开的瞬间,用刀切断了绳子,让水箱砸下来!

Esildor:And when the pyrotechnics went off, she cut the rope, sending the water tank crashing down!

派蒙:声音是不是太大了?

Paimon:But wasn't the noise we heard too loud for that?

埃塞尔雷德:可能是没站稳,摔得比较重吧。

Esildor:Perhaps the balance wasn't right, leading to a particularly rough landing.

旅行者:那水箱肯定会晃起来。

Traveler:Then wouldn't the water tank have started to swing a bit in that case?

埃塞尔雷德:有道理,那我再想想别的思路…

Esildor:That's true. Hmm, I suppose I must reconsider...

派蒙:不过他提醒我们了,那个声音是怎么回事呢?

Paimon:Hmm, that does remind Paimon, though. What was with that sound?

在歌剧院内调查案件线索 Look for clues inside the opera house

正在四处调查的你们突然被一个陌生人叫住…

As you are investigating the area, a stranger suddenly stops you...

???:对!就是你,准确说是你们!过来,注意你们很久了!

???:Hey, you! Yes, both of you! Over here! I've been keeping an eye on you for a while now.

派蒙:我、我们吗?

Paimon:Huh, you mean us?

???:是的,你们也是想要劈开荆棘,追寻真相之人吧。而且看样子,不是枫丹本地人。

???:That's right! If I'm not mistaken, you're also among those who wish to cut down the thorns and pursue the truth, no? And by the looks of it, you're not from Fontaine.

派蒙:嗯,这倒是没错,你们是谁啊?

Paimon:Well, you're right on the Mora about that one... But who are you?

???:呵呵呵,你们应该不可能没听说过「刺玫会」吧?

???:Hehehe, have you never heard of the Spina di Rosula?

???:调解纠纷,提供保护,解决难题…面面俱到,样样俱全的民间组织——「刺玫会」!

???:From mediating disputes and providing protection, to solving conundrums — you name it, Spina di Rosula does it.

娜维娅:而我则是大名鼎鼎的「刺玫会」现任会长,娜维娅。

Navia:And I, Navia, have the honor of being its renowned president...

娜维娅:不过嘛,按我们那边的规矩,都会称呼我为——老板。

Navia:...Though those who play by our rules call me "Boss."

西尔弗:侍从,西尔弗,你们好。

Silver:I'm Silver, her attendant. Pleased to meet you.

迈勒斯:我是迈勒斯,幸会,平时我会负责大小姐生活起居等各项事宜。

Melus:And I'm Melus. Demoiselle's various daily needs and affairs are under my purview.

派蒙:欸?一会儿老板,一会儿又大小姐,怎么回事啦。

Paimon:Huh? Boss, Demoiselle... What gives with the names?

娜维娅:咳咳,其实我是二代会长,迈勒斯他们还习惯以前的称呼方式。

Navia:Ahem... Well, I am the second-generation president. Melus and the others are still used to my... previous title.

迈勒斯:非常抱歉,如果大小姐更喜欢老板这个称呼,以后我会改口。

Melus:My apologies, Demoiselle. Should you prefer "Boss," I will endeavor to use that instead.

娜维娅:不用啦不用啦,你们也可以不用叫我老板哦,娜维娅就行了。

Navia:No, no need. You don't have to call me Boss, just "Navia" is fine!

派蒙:哦,好的…不对啊,我们本来也不是「刺玫会」的人啊!

Paimon:Okay, if you say so... Not that we're members of Spina di Rosula, anyway!

娜维娅:哈哈哈,这都是细节,不重要。我们还是来聊聊对这件事的看法吧。

Navia:Haha, all merely trifling details, never mind. Now, back to the situation at hand.

旅行者:你也想调查?

Traveler:So you want to investigate as well?

娜维娅:嗯,因为老爸的一些往事,我一直都在关注「少女连环失踪案」。

Navia:That's right. I've always kept an eye on the serial disappearance cases — my interest stems from a matter back from my father's time.

娜维娅:从现状来看,我觉得林尼并不是什么幕后黑手。

Navia:Judging from the look of things, I find Lyney an unlikely mastermind.

派蒙:欸?真的吗!我们也这么认为,现在正在努力寻找线索呢!

Paimon:Really? We think so too! That's why we're looking for clues now.

派蒙:那你是为什么会有这种推断呢?

Paimon:But how did you come to that conclusion?

娜维娅:当然是靠我的直觉,精准无比的直觉!

Navia:Intuition, naturally. My unparalleled intuition!

旅行者:呃…

Traveler:Uh, okay...

娜维娅:那个芙宁娜,一下子就把矛头指向了林尼,但根本没有决定性的证据嘛。

Navia:Furina sure was quick to point the finger at Lyney without any decisive evidence whatsoever, wasn't she?

娜维娅:她经常这个样子,那时候审判官打断她,问她是不是「指控」,就是不想让她过度发散。

Navia:But that's not uncommon for her. If you remember, the Justice had to interrupt her and ask if she was pressing charges just to keep her from getting carried away.

娜维娅:一旦有人「指控」,就算是开启了「审判」的流程。在那种气氛里,芙宁娜是绝不会退缩的。

Navia:Anyway, a trial begins the moment someone levels charges. And of course, there was no way Furina was going to back down in that situation.

派蒙:听起来只是你不信任水神而已嘛。

Paimon:Sounds more like you just don't trust the Hydro Archon.

娜维娅:那你觉得呢,那位水神有趣是蛮有趣的,可喜欢她也不代表要盲目支持她的观点。

Navia:Well, what's your opinion? I must admit that she can be interesting at times, but liking her doesn't mean that I'll blindly agree with her.

旅行者:这么说的话,确实…

Traveler:Well, when you put it like that...

娜维娅:好了好了,我回答你们的问题了,接下来你们要回答我的问题。

Navia:Alright, I've answered your question. Now it's time you answer mine.

派蒙:为什么啊,刚刚那个算吗?

Paimon:Wait a minute, did that answer count?

娜维娅:我不管。哎,放心啦,一定是让你们觉得有价值的问题。

Navia:Well, I say it does. But don't worry! You won't hear any pointless questions from me!

娜维娅:你们认为,把「审判」作为「歌剧」来欣赏,这种行为是正确的吗?

Navia:In your opinion, do you think it's right to treat a trial like it's an opera?

派蒙:啊,这、这个…

Paimon:Um, well...

旅行者:不总是正确的吧。

Traveler:Not always.

娜维娅:原因呢?

Navia:And why would that be?

【选项1】

旅行者:很容易忽略事实。

Traveler: Doing so makes it easy for the truth to fall by the wayside.

【选项2】

旅行者:把严肃的事娱乐化不太好。

Traveler: Something serious like a trial shouldn't be treated like entertainment.

娜维娅:哈哈哈哈哈,我就说嘛,迈勒斯,西尔弗,这两个人绝对很不一般!

Navia:Hahaha! See, Silver and Melus? I told you they'd be different!

迈勒斯:大小姐的判断很准确,我觉得这位旅行者的回答非常精彩。

Melus:Most astute of you, Demoiselle. I, too, think that the Traveler's response was most excellent.

迈勒斯:无论众人期待的剧本怎样精彩,在这里上演的审判剧目,都必须以事实为基础。

Melus:No matter how wonderful the script or how fervent the audience's expectations may be, the trials that go on stage here must be based in fact.

迈勒斯:能做到这些的话,那老板…

Melus:And if that can be done, Boss, then—

娜维娅:好啦好啦,不用说那么多。总之你的回答我很满意,你们合格啦!

Navia:Alright, that's quite enough, Melus. Anyway, I like your answer. You pass with flying colors!

娜维娅:我稍微准备一下,等会儿我们一起去调查,你们的话就当我的助手吧。

Navia:Now, I need to make some preparations, following which our joint investigation shall commence... You two shall be my assistants!

派蒙:喂,怎么突然就变成这样啦!

Paimon:Wait, since when did we become assistants!?

娜维娅:哦?那,我当你们的助手吧,哈哈哈哈,搭档也行,随便吧,我不是很在意这个。

Navia:Hmm? Oh. Well, I can be the assistant, sure — or your companion, if you like. I'm really not that fussy.

派蒙:那还差不多,哼。

Paimon:Hmph. That's more like it.

【选项1】

旅行者:派蒙你弄错了…

Traveler: I think you're missing the point, Paimon...

【选项2】

旅行者:派蒙你这是已经答应了?

Traveler: Seems you've already agreed, then.

迈勒斯:听起来像是我在为大小姐吹嘘,但她的直觉或许能成为通向真相的重要力量。

Melus:Far be it from me to brag, but I believe that Demoiselle's intuition will be instrumental in uncovering the truth.

迈勒斯:你们不希望朋友被冤枉,我们想要追寻失踪的真相,在这个层面上,我们目标一致。

Melus:You wish to save a friend from false accusations, and we wish to unravel the disappearances. In this sense, our goals are aligned.

派蒙:有道理,这个伯伯还挺会说话。

Paimon:Hmm, you have a point. You're quite the talker, aren't you, mister?

派蒙:那这边的小哥,你怎么想呢?看你一直不说话,好像心事重重的样子。

Paimon:And what about you over there? What do you think? You seem like you've got something on your mind.

西尔弗:我没意见。

Silver:I have nothing to add.

派蒙:好、好吧。

Paimon:Oh, alrighty then...

娜维娅:我们再准备一下,等会儿如果要揭晓魔术的手法,就叫上我们吧,谢谢啦。

Navia:We'll be making some preparations first. Just be sure to let us know if they start revealing Lyney's tricks. Thanks!

在歌剧院内调查案件线索 Look for clues inside the opera house

翠斯塔:不好意思,目前歌剧院不可以自由出入哦。想要离开的话,先请做身份登记。

Tristane:Sorry, but no one can freely enter or exit the opera house at the moment. If you wish to leave, you must register your identity with us first.

派蒙:啊,不是的,我们是林尼和琳妮特的代理人,正在做事件调查。

Paimon:Ah, no, we're not leaving... we're representing Lyney and Lynette as attorneys, so we're investigating the case.

派蒙:你一直都在这里看门吗?

Paimon:Were you always guarding this entrance?

翠斯塔:嗯,从最高审判官大人下达命令之后,所有进出人员都接受了严格检查。

Tristane:Yes, after the Chief Justice gave the order, everyone coming in or out must undergo a strict inspection.

翠斯塔:至少从那个时候开始,失踪的少女就无法从这里离开了。

Tristane:So the missing girl couldn't have left from here — at least not from that point on.

旅行者:表演的时候呢?

Traveler:What about during the show?

翠斯塔:应该也没有机会。

Tristane:I doubt there was much opportunity then, either.

派蒙:为什么你这么肯定。

Paimon:How can you be so sure, hmm?

翠斯塔:因为那时候,我的工作是负责入口附近的安保。

Tristane:Well, because I was in charge of security near the entrance at that time.

翠斯塔:这里很难看到林尼的表演,太可惜了,都怪我运气不好…

Tristane:I couldn't see Lyney's performance from here, which was quite a shame... Just my luck.

翠斯塔:但我没有擅离职守,就算欢呼声很响亮我都一直站在这里。别说有人要出去,就算是靠近大门我都会感觉到。

Tristane:But still, I did not abandon my post, and I stayed put no matter how loud the applause was. If someone had so much as even approached the door, I would have noticed it, let alone if they had tried to leave.

翠斯塔:美露莘很擅长这种事啦。

Tristane:We Melusines are good at that sort of thing, you know.

派蒙:也就是说,少女没有从这里离开…

Paimon:So, it's safe to say the girl couldn't have left through here...

派蒙:好的,谢谢你的线索,非常有价值!

Paimon:Alright, thanks for your help. This'll be useful info!

询问林尼那边的进展 Ask how Lyney's doing on his end

莫莉:我知道了,那我和你们同行吧。除了监督之外,我也会进行记录。

Molly:Understood, then I will be going with you. Just so you're aware, I will be monitoring your actions and making notes as necessary.

林尼:嗯,谢谢你,这么好说话。如果可能的话,我真想变出一朵玫瑰送给你。

Lyney:Very good, thanks for being so agreeable. I'd pull a rose out of my hat as a gift for you, if I could.

莫莉:这些客套就免了,我也是为了履行我的职责。

Molly:You may spare the pleasantries. I'm just doing my job.

琳妮特:你们来了啊。呃,这边的是?

Lynette:You've arrived. Ah, who's this?

娜维娅:「刺玫会」的天使,比手枪弹丸更加强有力的帮手——

Navia:Me? I'm Spina di Rosula's guardian angel... If you've got a problem, I've got the firepower.

娜维娅:哈哈哈,抱歉抱歉,我叫娜维娅,是他们的搭档,对这件事很好奇所以想加入进来。

Navia:Haha, sorry. I got a little carried away there... Call me Navia. I'm a partner of theirs, and will be helping investigate this whole situation.

娜维娅:他们是我的同伴,参与进来没关系吧?

Navia:And these are my companions. Would you mind if they join as well?

琳妮特:我是无所谓…

Lynette:Fine by me...

林尼:哦,原来有新的帮手,那我可真是感激不尽。

Lyney:Oh, new helpers? I would be most grateful!

娜维娅:凑热闹的心思更多一些啦,毕竟是规模这么大的魔术,亲眼见证其中秘密的机会太过难得…

Navia:Well, let's just say we're tagging along... It's not every day that you get to see the secrets behind magic performed on such a large scale!

林尼:呵呵,谢谢你对我的肯定。那我们走吧,去下面。

Lyney:Hehe, I appreciate your kind interest. Come with me, we'll be heading below stage.

派蒙:下面?

Paimon:Huh? Below stage?

林尼:在这边的魔术箱之下,藏有一个为这场交换魔术而准备的秘密世界。

Lyney:Yes, a world of secrets is hidden beneath this magic box, prepared specifically for this switcheroo trick.

林尼:不过在我揭晓之前,还是先让你们看看,能不能发现一些蹊跷——

Lyney:But before I reveal everything, you should have a look first. Notice anything strange here?

林尼:这可不是卖关子,回忆起魔术的种种细节,才能让你们更容易理解它的手法。

Lyney:I'm not trying to be dramatic, remembering the details of a trick will help you understand the methods used to perform it more easily.

林尼打开了魔术箱的门…

Lyney opens the door of the magic box...

娜维娅:欸?这里是不是本来有气球和装饰来着,怎么都没了啊?

Navia:Huh. Weren't there balloons and other decorations here? Where did all that go?

林尼:很不错很不错,嗯,不过距离真相还有一定距离。

Lyney:Ah, good eye! That said, you're still far from discovering the answer.

旅行者:门的背后,不太一样。

Traveler:The back of the door isn't the same.

派蒙:欸,门背后,你说内侧吗?唔,哪里不一样,我不记得了…

Paimon:Uh... "The back"? You mean the inside of the door? What's different about it? Paimon didn't notice anything...

林尼:呵呵,很厉害嘛,我还以为你在第一排,看不清楚呢。

Lyney:Haha, very good indeed. I thought you might not be able to catch that, given that you were sitting in the first row.

林尼:原本这扇门背后是有花纹的,现在那种花纹消失了,变成了光滑的木板。

Lyney:The back of this door was patterned. Those patterns are now gone, replaced by a smooth wooden board.

林尼:这两个特征加在一起,会让你想到什么呢?

Lyney:So if you put two and two together, what do you get?

【选项1】

旅行者:难道说…

Traveler: Wait, does that mean...

【选项2】

旅行者:箱子里还有一个箱子?

Traveler: There's another box inside this one?

林尼:哈哈哈,完全正确。走吧,下去之后我讲给你们听。

Lyney:Haha, exactly! Alright, let's go. I'll tell you how it works as we head down.

派蒙:原来魔术箱下面有地道啊!

Paimon:Oh, so there was a passageway under the magic box!

旅行者:两个箱子靠这个地道连接起来。

Traveler:And this passage linked the two boxes together.

林尼:哈哈,看到这个空间,我想你们就已经明白一大半了。

Lyney:Haha. I knew you'd figure out most of it as soon as you saw this place.

林尼:两个魔术箱所在的地方,正好就在地道两端的入口上方。

Lyney:The two magic boxes are positioned right above the two entrances of the tunnel.

林尼:看到这里的平板车了吗?

Lyney:See this flatbed trolley?

林尼:装有幸运观众的箱子,会用这个平板车送到对面。

Lyney:The box with the lucky audience member in it would be shuttled over to the other side using the trolley.

琳妮特:这个车是能够升降的,板面还可以旋转,保证箱子的方向正确。

Lynette:This trolley can raise and lower, and even rotate, ensuring that the box will face in the right direction.

娜维娅:我明白了,这就是双层箱的作用!

Navia:I see, so that's the purpose of the box inside another box!

林尼:没错,内层的箱子在装进观众之后就会降下去,随着平板车移动。外层箱还留在舞台上,没有任何变化。

Lyney:Precisely. The inner box would descend after the audience member was put inside and be moved along on the trolley, all while the outer box would remain onstage, as if nothing had ever changed.

派蒙:原来是这么一回事啊!

Paimon:So that's how you did it!

林尼:箱子降下之后,平板车就会靠这里的装置储存一些能量,用于完成剩下的步骤。

Lyney:Once the box was lowered, the trolley would store some energy through this device here, with which it would complete the rest of the steps.

林尼:对观众来说,只能感受到在黑暗中缓缓移动,当她走出来的时候,就已经在舞台上了。

Lyney:The audience member would only be able to feel some slight movements in the dark, and by the time she walked out, she would already be back onstage.

旅行者:你那边又是怎么回事?

Traveler:Then what about your side of the trick?

派蒙:对啊,我记得你一直在说话,最后还出来了一趟。

Paimon:Right. You were talking that whole time, and you even came out for a moment near the end.

林尼:这个嘛,当然是用的留声装置,是靠琳妮特控制的。

Lyney:Ah yes, a phonograph operated by Lynette was used to achieve that effect.

林尼:我和助演提前定好了对话内容,在倒数开始的时候,我就已经跳进地道去了对面的箱子,用那个梯子。

Lyney:My assistant and I had already scripted our conversation beforehand. When the countdown began, I had already gone to the opposite box via a tunnel using that ladder.

娜维娅:琳妮特?她在哪儿?

Navia:And what about Lynette? Where was she?

琳妮特:我在箱子后面的夹层里。

Lynette:I was in a mezzanine space in the back of the box.

派蒙:这样啊!

Paimon:Oh, interesting!

琳妮特:这样才能配合助演的台词。顺便一提,最后走出箱子的也是我。

Lynette:That's how we were able to coordinate Lyney's lines with the assistant... And by the way, I was the one who walked out of the box at the end.

林尼:因为是双子嘛,换个衣服就不会被认出来了,嘿嘿。

Lyney:I mean, we are twins. All it takes is a change of clothes and no one can tell who's who, hehe.

林尼:这也是我最自豪的地方,这是只有我和琳妮特才能表演的魔术。

Lyney:And that's my favorite part of this trick — only Lynette and I can perform it.

派蒙:原来如此,原来如此。啊…我好像从刚刚开始就一直在惊叹…

Paimon:So that's how it all worked. Wow, every detail you revealed was more amazing than the last!

旅行者:确实感觉花了很多心思。

Traveler:I can tell a lot of thought was put into this.

林尼:琳妮特走出箱子再回来,趁平板车上的箱子升起来之前跳进地道,完成脱离。

Lyney:Lynette would briefly walk out of the box and then go back in, jumping into the tunnel and escaping before the box on the trolley could finish ascending.

林尼:我从观众席的箱子里走出来,这样魔术就完成了…本来应该是这样的才对。

Lyney:And then I walk out of the other box in the audience area, and the trick would be complete... the operative word here being "would."

林尼:结果箱子里的不是那位观众而是考威尔,观众更是莫名其妙地消失了。

Lyney:But as you saw, Cowell was in the box, not our audience member — she, on the other hand, mysteriously vanished.

琳妮特:完全搞不懂。

Lynette:We really don't know how that happened.

娜维娅:要是没有这个插曲,一定是场精彩绝伦的魔术,我恐怕一辈子也想不到是这样实现的。

Navia:If not for that interlude, this would have been an astonishing trick. I probably never would have figured out how you pulled it off...

娜维娅:更别说,还有人居然能利用这个魔术,来实施犯罪。

Navia:And yet, to think that someone was able to use this magic trick to commit a crime.

娜维娅:我们四处看看可以吗,我觉得能找到更多的线索。

Navia:Could we have a look around? I think we can come up with some more leads.

莫莉:这里是重要的案发现场,林尼和琳妮特不能留在这里,我就带他们上去了。

Molly:This is the scene of the crime, so Lyney and Lynette are not permitted to stay here. I'll escort them back up.

林尼:嗯,好啦好啦,不盯这么紧我也不会凭空消失啦。

Lyney:Yes, of course, no need to be so strict now. I won't disappear into thin air, you know.

琳妮特:靠你们了,谢谢。

Lynette:Thanks, everyone. We're counting on you.

在地下通道中调查案件线索 Search the underground passage for clues

娜维娅:这个是什么?

Navia:What's this?

派蒙:绳子上绑了个钩子,唔…这里奇奇怪怪的东西好多啊。

Paimon:Looks like a hook tied to the end of a rope. Huh, there's all kinds of odds and ends here.

旅行者:刚刚林尼没有提到这个。

Traveler:Lyney didn't mention this earlier.

娜维娅:可能是其他魔术里的道具吧…但怎么会掉在这里呢?

Navia:Perhaps it was a prop for a different trick? But why would it have been left here?

派蒙:不管了,先记下来。

Paimon:Whatever it is, let's make a note of it first.

在地下通道中调查案件线索 Search the underground passage for clues

迈勒斯:地上有水,各位通过的时候小心地滑。

Melus:The floor is wet. Please be careful not to slip.

娜维娅:说起来,怎么这里会有水呢?

Navia:Speaking of which, why would there be water here?

旅行者:应该是魔术道具吧。

Traveler:Maybe it was for a trick?

派蒙:哦,我知道!就是那种,往瓶子里倒水,再把瓶子翻过来,水就不见的魔术。

Paimon:Ooh, Paimon knows. It's one of those tricks where you pour water into a jug, and then flip the jug over, only for the water to disappear!

派蒙:这个碎掉的瓶子…难道是平板车通过的时候撞到的?

Paimon:And here's a broken vase... Huh. Did the trolley knock it down while moving?

娜维娅:不对劲,平板车始终在轨道上运行,这个距离应该不会撞到。

Navia:That can't be. The trolley moves along tracks from start to finish. It couldn't have hit the vase at this distance.

派蒙:唉,总之先记下来吧,之后一起想。

Paimon:Hmm, let's note this down too and think about it later.

在地下通道中调查案件线索 Search the underground passage for clues

娜维娅:这个,就是被选中的少女穿的衣服对吧?

Navia:Oh, these are the clothes that the lady chosen from the audience was wearing, right?

娜维娅:就这么留在了这里,人不见踪影…

Navia:Her clothes are here, but she's nowhere to be found...

旅行者:林尼没说这里需要换衣服。

Traveler:Lyney didn't mention the guest having a wardrobe change.

派蒙:对啊,绑架的话,需要先把外衣脱掉再带走吗?

Paimon:Right, and do you really need to do that if you're kidnapping them?

派蒙:我不想当侦探了,完全弄不懂…

Paimon:Ugh, this is so confusing. Paimon doesn't wanna be a detective anymore...

在地下通道中调查案件线索 Search the underground passage for clues

派蒙:这是什么地方?

Paimon:What is this place?

旅行者:看起来像通风口。

Traveler:Looks like a vent.

西尔弗:人可以通过。

Silver:It seems someone could fit through here.

娜维娅:哦,难道说犯人就是从这里离开的吗?

Navia:Hmm, could this have been the suspect's escape route?

迈勒斯:一个人或许没问题,但如果要带一个人的话,空间太狭窄了。

Melus:Alone, perhaps. But if they had to pull another person with them, this space would be too narrow.

派蒙:但也没有其他出入口了吧。

Paimon:But there are no other ways in or out of here.

【选项1】

旅行者:其他出口就只有通过魔术箱了。

Traveler: Other than those that go through the magic boxes.

【选项2】

旅行者:而两个魔术箱分别有林尼和琳妮特。

Traveler: And Lyney and Lynette were in the two magic boxes.

派蒙:有道理!那我就这么写…

Paimon:Ah, you're right! Let Paimon write that down...

与娜维娅对话 Talk to Navia

娜维娅:这样一来,现场的情况就基本确认完毕了。

Navia:Well, we've ascertained the state of the crime scene.

娜维娅:等迈勒斯回来,我们找个地方整理一下线索吧,感觉有好多地方都想不通。

Navia:Let's find a place to sort out our findings once Melus returns. It seems to me that there are several things that don't add up here.

迈勒斯:久等了,大小姐。

Melus:Apologies for the wait, Demoiselle.

娜维娅:警备队的人他们怎么说,犯人是从通风口逃走的吗?

Navia:So what did the Gardes say? Did the criminal escape through the vent?

迈勒斯:他们认为这种可能性很低,那个通风口通向歌剧院的地下室。

Melus:They believe the odds of that are very low, since the vent leads to the opera house's basement.

迈勒斯:警备队员已经仔细确认过了,并没有人在表演中和事故之后从地下室离开,也没有人藏在那里。

Melus:The Gardes have checked the area carefully. No one left through the basement during the performance or after the incident, and no one was found hiding there.

派蒙:这么说的话,地道就变成「密室」了?你们知道吧,小说里经常会有这样的设计。

Paimon:So the tunnel's become like a "secret chamber," then? Y'know, like the kind you usually see in novels?

旅行者:好像是这样…

Traveler:It would seem so.

娜维娅:这就更奇怪了,无论是海尔希的失踪,还是考威尔的死,都很莫名其妙。

Navia:Hmm, the plot thickens... Halsey's disappearance and Cowell's death are both quite inexplicable.

娜维娅:怪不得芙宁娜这么信心满满,现在的线索,好像全都指向林尼和琳妮特。

Navia:No wonder Furina was so confident in her accusation. All the current evidence points toward Lyney and Lynette.

迈勒斯:换句话说,如果我们不能取得进展,「指控」成立的可能性就非常大了。

Melus:In other words, the "charges" are very likely to be upheld unless we make some considerable progress.

派蒙:指控,审判,如果指控成立,就会宣判吗?

Paimon:Charges and then trial... So, if the charges are upheld, they'll announce a sentence?

娜维娅:嗯,这就是歌剧院审判的流程,在审判期间,最高审判官和「谕示机」会听取双方的发言。

Navia:That's right. This is how a trial goes in the opera house — during the proceedings, the Chief Justice and the Oratrice will hear statements from both sides.

旅行者:「谕示机」也会?

Traveler:The Oratrice will too?

娜维娅:是啊,「律偿混能」就是在这个过程中产生。

Navia:That's right. This is how Indemnitium is produced.

娜维娅:双方的发言,代理人的辩护,证人的证词,包括观众们的情绪,都会展示在「谕示机」上。

Navia:The statements from both sides, the defenses from attorneys, witness testimonies, and even the audience's emotions will all be projected on the Oratrice.

娜维娅:唔,简单来说,就像是「谕示机」拥有自我意识一样,也是一位审判官。

Navia:To put it simply, it's as if the Oratrice has its own will, and is a judge in its own right.

迈勒斯:这也就杜绝了最高审判官徇私舞弊的可能性,当然了,实际上也没有发生过这种事。

Melus:This also precludes any kind of favoritism on the part of the Chief Justice... Not that this has ever happened anyway.

旅行者:太奇妙了。

Traveler:Fascinating.

娜维娅:在双方发言完毕后,最高审判官会做出最终决断,他的意见也会作为「谕示机」的参考。

Navia:Once both sides have finished speaking, the Chief Justice will make his final decision. This, too, will be used by the Oratrice as a reference.

娜维娅:最后,由官员询问「谕示机」,它所给出的结果,就是「正义」的意志。

Navia:Then finally, the Oratrice will be consulted by officials. The result it returns is the will of "justice" itself.

派蒙:居然做决定的是这个大块头,我还以为是那维莱特呢。

Paimon:Huh? So that machine is the one that actually decides? Paimon thought Neuvillette called the shots!

迈勒斯:其实并无区别,两者的判决总是完全一致,所以枫丹的人们都很相信最高审判官大人。

Melus:In practice, there is very little difference. Both have always come to the same judgment — which is why people have great faith in the Chief Justice.

迈勒斯:对了,警备队那边还有另一个消息。我们所有人,在审判之前都不能离开这里。

Melus:Ah, yes. The Gardes also asked me to convey that none of us will be allowed to leave this place before the trial.

派蒙:欸?为什么!

Paimon:Huh? Why!?

迈勒斯:因为我们已经决定作为林尼和琳妮特的代理人行动,自然就成为了案件的相关者。

Melus:Because we've chosen to act as the twins' proxies. That makes us persons related to the case.

娜维娅:他们担心我们搞里应外合,或者去外面找帮手来破局…

Navia:They're concerned that we might be colluding with outside parties, or that we might find outside help to disrupt the case...

娜维娅:就算不是这样,我们抢先把案件的关键线索散布出去,对他们也是很麻烦的事。

Navia:And even if that were not so, it could prove problematic if we happened to spread key information about the case ahead of time.

西尔弗:破门而出,我准备好了。

Silver:I'm ready to break out at any time.

派蒙:喂喂喂,不至于啦!我觉得警备队的人的想法还是有道理的,不过事情是这样的话…他们管饭吗?

Paimon:Whoa, whoa! There's no need for that! Paimon thinks they have a point. That said... are they providing food?

迈勒斯:当然了,只是缺乏选择,没办法适应我们每个人的口味,也不能保证营养均衡。

Melus:Of course, I just hope you don't mind the lack of options. I'm afraid that catering to all tastes is not in the cards, nor is any guarantee of balanced nutrition.

旅行者:不是挑三拣四的时候。

Traveler:Now's not the time to be picky.

娜维娅:这样的话,那我们就在这里整理线索吧,本来想请你们去尝尝枫丹廷最出名的甜品店。

Navia:In that case, let's just sort out our findings together here. Pity, I was hoping to take you to try some of Fontaine's famous desserts, too.

娜维娅:有糖分,有茶叶,推理才能从容而优雅,对吧。

Navia:I mean, what better way to properly think through our findings than over some tea and sweets?

派蒙:我突然觉得破门而出,不是不能接受…

Paimon:Huh, breaking out suddenly doesn't seem like such a bad idea after all...

旅行者:派蒙。

Traveler:Paimon.

派蒙:开玩笑的啦,我开玩笑的!没有点心我也会好好干的,绝不偷懒!

Paimon:Just kidding, just kidding... Paimon will still do her best even if there are no snacks!

娜维娅:嗯?当然有啊,你在说什么。没办法去店里吃,就自己做呗。

Navia:Hmm? What do you mean "no snacks"? Of course we'll have snacks! If we cannot buy some, then we'll simply make some.

派蒙:欸?在这里?怎么做啊?

Paimon:Huh? Here? But how?

迈勒斯:我明白了,大小姐。那么请各位随我来。

Melus:Understood, Demoiselle. Everyone, please come with me.

派蒙:为什么会有人随身携带烹饪炉啊!

Paimon:Wait, you're carrying a portable stove with you?

迈勒斯:为了让大小姐随时能享受烘焙的爱好,我会准备万全。

Melus:Yes. I must be prepared to meet the Demoiselle's baking needs whenever the fancy strikes her.

西尔弗:蛋,糖,杏仁,我都带了。

Silver:I have eggs, sugar, and almonds at the ready.

娜维娅:哈哈哈,不愧是你们,那我就开始了,你们稍等片刻,准备品尝一下我自豪的点心手艺吧。

Navia:Hahaha. Good work, you two. Then I'll get to it. Please sit tight for a moment, you'll get to taste my awesome snacks soon enough!

派蒙:这三个人,好奇怪啊…

Paimon:These three are quite the interesting group...

旅行者:大概是「刺玫会」的特色。

Traveler:Must be a Spina di Rosula thing.

娜维娅的动作很熟练,一段时间之后,香脆诱人的马卡龙就出炉了。

Navia methodically handles the ingredients and pulls fresh macarons out of the oven in short order.

派蒙:呜哇,好香!烤的时候就很香了,我忍得好辛苦!

Paimon:Ooh, and Paimon thought it smelled good while it was still in the oven, it's even better now! Paimon can't stop drooling!

派蒙:不过我还以为,你烤点心的时候也会拼命使唤他们两个人,就像让他们带这么多东西一样。

Paimon:From the way you had these two guys carrying all that stuff around, Paimon thought you'd have them do more during the baking process.

派蒙:结果从打蛋清和磨杏仁粉开始,所有的事都是你一个人做的。

Paimon:But you ended up doing the entire thing by yourself... beating the egg whites, grinding almonds, everything.

西尔弗:我在鼓掌。

Silver:I was applauding.

迈勒斯:我也在用微笑鼓励大小姐。

Melus:And I was giving encouraging smiles.

旅行者:呃,派蒙不是这个意思…

Traveler:Uh, that's not quite what Paimon meant, but okay...

派蒙:我只是觉得大小姐穿得这么好看,居然在这里打蛋清,也不怕弄脏了吗?

Paimon:Paimon was just thinking, aren't you worried about getting your fancy dress dirty beating egg whites and baking like this?

娜维娅:哈哈哈,也没人规定大小姐只能看书品茶,骑马弹琴对吧,我只是很喜欢做点心而已。

Navia:Haha! Well, I don't think it's carved in stone anywhere that fancy ladies can only read books, sip tea, ride horses, and play the piano. I just really enjoy making snacks.

娜维娅:别小看打蛋清哦,很锻炼臂力。程度也要刚刚好,这样烤好的马卡龙才不会开裂。

Navia:Don't underestimate beating egg whites, by the way. It's a real arm workout! You also need to beat them to just the right consistency, or your macarons will crack.

娜维娅:来来来,尝尝吧,刚出炉的热腾腾的马卡龙,每个人三个。

Navia:Anyway, give these a try, fresh out of the oven! There's three for each of us.

派蒙:只有三个?

Paimon:Only three?

娜维娅:嗯,甜食吃多了不好,小心等下脑子晕晕的,案件的事想不明白哦。

Navia:Well, eating too many sweet treats might send all that sugar to your head. You wouldn't be able to think clearly about the case on a sugar rush, would you?

迈勒斯:红茶也准备好了,这是大小姐最喜欢的茶,花香浓郁,能让人心情愉悦,神清气爽。

Melus:Tea is ready to be served as well. This is Demoiselle's favorite, strong black tea with a floral fragrance that clears the mind and lifts the spirit.

【选项1】

旅行者:谢谢。

Traveler: Thank you.

【选项2】

旅行者:你也休息一会儿吧。

Traveler: Why don't you take a break as well?

迈勒斯:不用介意,这是我应该做的。

Melus:No need for concern. I'm merely doing as I should.

娜维娅:好了。我们来聊一聊正事吧,就像之前提到的,地道是一个类似密室的环境。

Navia:Alright then, down to business. As Paimon mentioned previously, the tunnel seems to be something of a secret chamber...

娜维娅:但是在这个封闭环境中,目前还不存在除了林尼与琳妮特之外的犯罪者。

Navia:However, we can assume that Lyney and Lynette were not alone within it. Some criminal also occupied its sealed confines.

娜维娅:他们两人虽然有作案的可能性,可是完全没有动机。

Navia:The magician twins could have committed the crimes, of course, but they lack any logical motive.

派蒙:对啊,还偏偏选在这种最引人注目的时候,怎么想都奇怪嘛。

Paimon:Exactly! Why would they do such a thing right when everyone was watching?

【选项1】

旅行者:那么除了林尼和琳妮特之外…

Traveler: So apart from the twins...

【选项2】

旅行者:就只剩下失踪的少女与死者两个人。

Traveler: We're left with two other people: the missing girl and the deceased.

娜维娅:地道里的花瓶,还有表演中听到的那一声闷响,如果海尔希在地道里和犯人发生了争斗。

Navia:The flower vase and the thud we heard during the performance could indicate some altercation between Halsey and the criminal in the tunnel.

娜维娅:结果就是花瓶破碎,她的衣服被扔下,人被掳走…

Navia:Resulting in the shattering of the vase, the discarding of her clothes, and her abduction...

娜维娅:难道犯人觉得她是被当众选出来的,不脱掉衣服的话,很容易被人注意到?

Navia:Perhaps the criminal thought that since she was chosen from the crowd, she would be too easy to identify if she was still wearing the same clothes...

派蒙:我觉得有道理,但最关键的问题还是…

Paimon:Paimon thinks that makes sense, but the real trouble is...

旅行者:「第三个人」,并不存在。

Traveler:There's no evidence that this "third person" even exists.

娜维娅:是啊…我们找到的线索,好像都不支持「第三个人」的说法。

Navia:True. None of the clues we've found thus far support the existence of this third person.

娜维娅:可剩下的不论是失踪少女海尔希还是死者考威尔,都算是被害人的范畴啊…

Navia:But the only people left to consider are both technically victims, whether it's the missing girl, Halsey, or poor Cowell...

派蒙:那、那会不会是海尔希想杀考威尔,偷偷对道具做了手脚,再一个人逃走?

Paimon:Huh, could Halsey have secretly made modifications to the magic props in order to murder Cowell before making her escape?

旅行者:她无从知晓魔术的奥秘。

Traveler:But she had no way of knowing how the magic trick worked.

娜维娅:是的,就算她能对道具做手脚,那也是在知晓魔术全貌的情况下,才知道应该怎么做。

Navia:That's right. And even if she had tampered with the setup, she would need to understand the entire trick to pull it off.

娜维娅:再说了,她也没有动机,警备队员说了她和魔术团的人都没有往来。

Navia:Nor does she have any motive. The Gardes said that she has never had any dealings with the magic troupe's members.

派蒙:唉,是不是我们找得还不够仔细啊…

Paimon:sigh Were we not thorough enough in our search?

派蒙:按现在这样说,真的变成一件不可能的案件了。

Paimon:From the sound of things, this is turning into an impossible case.

派蒙:唔唔,不过娜维娅你的马卡龙烤得真好吃,香喷喷,又酥又脆,好甜好甜。

Paimon:Your macarons are amazing though, Navia. They smell great, they're nice and crisp, and super sweet...

娜维娅:呵呵呵,那是当然,这可是我的拿手绝活。不过派蒙你已经吃了五个了哦。

Navia:Hehe, they are my specialty, after all — and I see you've already had five of them.

派蒙:欸?五个吗?不会的,只有三个,我有好好在数!

Paimon:What? Five? Oh, that can't be right... Paimon only counted three... honest!

迈勒斯:没关系,吃了就算了。我年纪大了,这种甜的东西少吃一点为好。

Melus:Please, don't worry about it. At my age, a few less sweets might actually be a good thing.

派蒙:不不不,嘴馋是一回事,吃了多少是另一回事!

Paimon:Ugh, no, no... Being greedy is one thing, but Paimon knows how to count!

派蒙:如果我吃了很多,别人就没有了,这个道理我明白。

Paimon:Besides, Paimon knows that if she ate too many, then others wouldn't have enough.

【选项1】

旅行者:没关系,吃就吃了吧。

Traveler: It's fine. If you ate them, you ate them.

【选项2】

旅行者:没事,知道你喜欢吃。

Traveler: Oh, it's fine. Everyone knows how much you love eating.

派蒙:连你也不相信我?!我、我…你怎么能这样!

Paimon:Wait, even you don't believe Paimon!? Oh! ...How could you!?

派蒙:我发誓,如果派蒙多吃了两个马卡龙,那它们就立刻在派蒙的肚子里变成石头!

Paimon:If Paimon ate those two extra macarons, then may they turn into stone in her stomach!

娜维娅:哈哈哈,好吧,知道了。那应该是我们聊得太入神,有人不小心多吃了,不是什么大事。

Navia:Haha, alright, we get it. Well, I suppose one of us might have gotten too engrossed in our chat and eaten them by mistake! No big deal.

娜维娅:迈勒斯,架锅,开炉!

Navia:Melus, set the stove up again, if you would.

派蒙:欸?你要干什么?

Paimon:Huh? What are you doing?

娜维娅:每个人都必须有三个马卡龙!

Navia:Making sure everyone gets three macarons, of course!

旅行者:不必了不必了。

Traveler:Oh, there's really no need to do that.

派蒙:是啊,太麻烦了。

Paimon:Exactly! We don't wanna trouble you...

迈勒斯:是的,小姐,这就准备。

Melus:As you wish, Demoiselle.

西尔弗:蛋,糖,杏仁,我都带了。

Silver:I have eggs, sugar, and almonds at the ready.

派蒙:呃、呃…看得出这真的是你的爱好。

Paimon:...Well, this really is your hobby, huh?

娜维娅为了两个马卡龙,又完整地做了一次。

Navia does a second round of baking over the two missing macarons.

但之后的讨论,你们并没有收获什么进展…

However, the discussion that follows does not yield much progress...

娜维娅:好啦,点心时间结束了,我打算再去周围看看。

Navia:Well, that's it for snack time. I'm going to have another look around the area.

娜维娅:虽然还没什么头绪,但毕竟还有时间。既然你们是代理人,我建议你们先尝试推理一下案件。

Navia:I don't know what we're looking for yet, but we've still got some time. As attorneys, I suggest the two of you think the case over again.

娜维娅:不然上台的时候无话可说,那就很尴尬了。

Navia:It would be awkward if you got all tongue-tied on stage during the trial.

派蒙:好的,也谢谢你帮忙,还请我们吃东西。

Paimon:Alright. Thanks for your help — and for the snacks!

娜维娅:不用客气,对「刺玫会」来说这算不了什么啦。迈勒斯,西尔弗,我们走吧。

Navia:Haha, it was nothing. A small task for the Spina di Rosula. Silver, Melus, it's time to go.

娜维娅:有新的发现的话,我还会回来的!

Navia:I'll be back if I find anything new!

前往参加审判 Participate in the trial

派蒙:怎么办啊,旅行者,果然还是一头雾水吧。

Paimon:What do we do, Traveler? The whole situation is so confusing!

【选项1】

旅行者:虽然有些想法…

Traveler: I do have some thoughts...

【选项2】

旅行者:还是一步步来吧。

Traveler: But let's take things step by step.

派蒙:嗯,有道理,这个世界不会发生不可能的事件。

Paimon:Good plan. Impossible things don't just happen, we'll get to the truth one way or another!

娜维娅:不要紧张,就算所有人都怀疑林尼和琳妮特,我们几个在观众席上都会支持他们。

Navia:Just relax. Even if everyone else suspects Lyney and Lynette, at least we will be supporting them from the stands.

娜维娅:我们都弄不明白的事,我不相信芙宁娜已经弄明白了,哈哈。

Navia:Besides, I doubt Furina understands any more about what happened than we do.

派蒙:谢谢你,娜维娅。那我们去了。

Paimon:Thanks, Navia. Well, we'll be going then.

娜维娅:嗯,祝你们好运。

Navia:Best of luck to you.

林尼:啊,终于见到你们了,怎么样,调查还顺利吗?

Lyney:Ah finally, you're back! Well? How did your investigation go?

派蒙:老实说,让你失望了…

Paimon:To be honest, you might be disappointed...

琳妮特:不,你们愿意帮忙,我们都很感激。

Lynette:No, no. We're already very grateful that you were willing to help.

芙宁娜:瞧这垂头丧气的样子,你们几位!调查毫无收获,对吧?

Furina:Well now, don't you all look disappointed? Don't tell me that your investigation came up empty-handed?

芙宁娜:理所应当,有罪之人怎么可能找得出无罪的证明呢。

Furina:That was to be expected, of course. The guilty can never produce proof of their innocence.

芙宁娜:但不要止步于此。你是我最看好的对手,旅行者,可别三两下就投降了,我会很失望的。

Furina:But don't let that stop you, Traveler. I shall be terribly disappointed should you, my most anticipated foe, concede so easily.

旅行者:等下你就明白了。

Traveler:Just you wait.

那维莱特:既然双方到齐,本次关于魔术演出突发事件的「审判」,正式开始。

Neuvillette:Since both parties are present, I declare that the trial regarding the magic show incident is now in session.

那维莱特:那么首先,为了让在场观众都明白案件的前因后果,请林尼先生讲述一下魔术的手法吧。

Neuvillette:Firstly, in order for the audience to understand the causes and results of the incident, could we please have Mr. Lyney explain the trick?

林尼:好的,我在这里讲,琳妮特会在舞台上为各位示范。道具已经准备好了。

Lyney:Yes, of course. I will explain, while Lynette demonstrates onstage. All the necessary items have been prepared.

林尼言简意赅地揭晓了魔术的手法,观众无不感到惊叹。

Lyney clearly reveals the details of the magic trick. Everyone in the audience is stunned.

那维莱特:那么林尼先生,我可以认为你的证言是…

Neuvillette:Thank you, Mr. Lyney. In that case, I take your statement to be that...

那维莱特:魔术一开始你就跑到观众席侧的魔术箱内藏了起来,无法作案,是这样么?

Neuvillette:You ran to, and remained hidden within, the magic box in the audience stands once the trick began, and thus could not have committed the crime. Is this correct?

林尼:是的,大审判官先生。

Lyney:Yes, that's correct, Your Honor.

那维莱特:那么,请问芙宁娜女士,作为指控方,有无对此的反驳意见呢?

Neuvillette:In that case, I call upon the prosecution — Lady Furina. Do you wish to refute his statement in any way?

芙宁娜:当然了,当然了,第一把火,就由我来点燃吧——林尼先生,你在说谎。

Furina:Why, of course I do. Allow me to take the first shot and break this case wide open. Mr. Lyney is clearly lying.

芙宁娜:因为你要掳走海尔希,杀死考威尔,不可能一直留在箱子之中,甚至很长时间都不在地道之内。

Furina:There is no way you could have been in the box the whole time if you were to abduct Halsey and murder Cowell. In fact, I'd say you were hardly in that tunnel at all!

林尼:这只是你基于我有罪的推断而做出的推测而已。

Lyney:That is simply your hypothesis based on the presumption that I'm guilty.

芙宁娜:是吗?那你在箱子里的时候听到了什么吗?

Furina:Oh, is that so? And if I may ask, what did you hear while you were inside your box?

林尼:当然是震耳欲聋的倒数声,我靠这个把握时间,创造惊喜。

Lyney:The roaring countdown of the crowd, of course. That's how I kept track of the time and built anticipation for the finale.

芙宁娜:除此之外就没有了吗?没有让你留下印象的响动吗?

Furina:And you didn't hear anything else at all? Nothing that might leave an impression of any kind?

林尼:没有了。

Lyney:No, nothing.

芙宁娜:可是,在倒数到三十多秒的时候,会场明明传来了一声闷响,我相信所有人都听到了。

Furina:I see, but when the count reached thirty seconds or so, there was a thud — one so loud that I believe practically everyone heard it.

林尼:……!

Lyney:Huh!?

派蒙:喂、喂,这不对啊…

Paimon:Hey, hang on, something's not right here...

旅行者:(林尼怎么会不知道?)

Traveler:(How could Lyney not know about that sound?)

疑惑的观众:对啊,那么大的声音,在箱子里的话绝对能听到。

Doubtful Audience Member:Yeah, I'm sure he could've heard a noise that loud from inside the box.

质疑的观众:我当时就在那附近,很明显的。

Suspicious Audience Member:I was right by the box, and I definitely heard the thud.

「谕示机」的天平向「林尼有罪」的一侧倾斜了。

The scales of the Oratrice are tipped towards "Lyney is guilty."

派蒙:那个天平,难道就是…

Paimon:Look at those scales, could those mean...

旅行者:「谕示机」的态度吧。

Traveler:They probably represent the Oratrice's stance on the trial.

芙宁娜:诸位,请允许我引用魔术师本人的发言:「谨慎挑选眨眼的时机」。你们都看到了,这正是不在场证明崩塌的瞬间!

Furina:Well then, ladies and gentlemen, allow me to use the words of the magician himself: "You never know what can happen in the blink of an eye." Indeed, it seems his alibi can also collapse in the blink of an eye.

芙宁娜:当然,除了瓦解你的不在场证明,我还准备了其他的武器。世上可不会有没来由的自信,我早就准备万全了。

Furina:Of course, I have armed myself to do far more than smash your alibi. Confidence cannot go unfounded, and my foundations are rock-solid.

芙宁娜:你和琳妮特,其实是「壁炉之家」的人,没错吧。

Furina:Tell me. Aren't you and Lynette actually from the House of the Hearth?

派蒙:「壁炉之家」?!

Paimon:The House of the Hearth!?

旅行者:他们两个是…愚人众?!

Traveler:They're... Fatui?

肯定的观众:怪不得会做这种事。

Certain Audience Member:No wonder they did something like this.

沉稳的观众:原来「少女连环失踪案」是愚人众在搞鬼啊,感觉是最不意外的答案了。

Calm Audience Member:So the serial disappearances were the Fatui's doing. Huh, now it all makes sense.

理性的观众:那我觉得,舞台上的意外也不见得是事故了。

Rational Audience Member:I've got a feeling that what happened on stage probably wasn't just an accident.

林尼:那又有什么关系,我和琳妮特的身份与这件事也没有联系吧。

Lyney:That's irrelevant. Our identities have nothing to do with what happened.

芙宁娜:确实,那你大可以就在我们的面前,把这一分钟的事从头到尾说上一遍。

Furina:Indeed. Then perhaps you could tell us everything that happened during that one minute.

芙宁娜:对此刻的你来说,脱罪才是第一要务,你不该有开不了口的事…除非是,「剧本」已经前后矛盾。

Furina:Your first priority is to prove yourself innocent, after all. I'm sure there is little that needs to be kept secret now... Unless your "script" already has holes in it.

芙宁娜:(异乡旅人一言不发,看上去非常震惊。哈哈哈,接下来就该内讧了吧?这赢得也太轻松了!)

Furina:(The outlander is speechless. My, oh my, don't they look flabbergasted! Haha, now comes the infighting and discord, I suppose. This was almost too easy!)

芙宁娜:(呼…亏我为了这次庭审,紧张得一晚上都没睡着,哎呀哎呀。)

Furina:(Aw, good thing I made all those preparations. Seems the all-nighter I pulled last night is really paying off!)

林尼:……

Lyney:...

派蒙:喂,林尼,这种事怎么不告诉我们!

Paimon:Hey, Lyney, why didn't you tell us this before!?

旅行者:(林尼和琳妮特,是愚人众…)

Traveler:(Lyney and Lynette are Fatui...)

那维莱特:请各位保持安静。林尼先生,我想再度确认,由芙宁娜女士提出的两个观点——

Neuvillette:Order, order. Mr. Lyney, allow me to re-establish the facts. Lady Furina has raised two points...

那维莱特:在歌剧院听到闷响之时,你不在箱子与地道之内,以及你与琳妮特女士都是「壁炉之家」的成员。

Neuvillette:First, when the thud was heard in the opera house, you were neither in the box nor the tunnel. Second, you and Ms. Lynette are both members of the House of the Hearth.

那维莱特:这是否属实?

Neuvillette:Are these claims true?

林尼:……

Lyney:...

旅行者:(魔术师行骗的能力不用怀疑,林尼隐瞒了身份,路上的一切很可能都是设计。)

Traveler:(There's no doubt about a magician's ability to con others. Given how Lyney has concealed his identity, this could all have been set up beforehand.)

旅行者:(此外还有公子和「壁炉之家」的其他成员,他们都在枫丹活动,绝对有所图谋。)

Traveler:(Plus Childe is here in Fontaine along with other House operatives, there must be some scheme at work here.)

旅行者:(我也吃过愚人众的亏,而现在…)

Traveler:(I've been a victim of such schemes before, and now...)

那维莱特:请回答我的问题,林尼先生。

Neuvillette:Please answer my question, Mr. Lyney.

林尼:抱歉…

Lyney:I'm sorry...

林尼:是的,审判官大人,均为实情。

Lyney:Yes, they're true, Your Honor.

兴奋的观众:我就知道!

Excited Audience Member:I knew it!

乐观的观众:到这里就可以宣判了吧,哈哈哈。

Optimistic Audience Member:Well, that's it. We might as well move on to the sentencing already.

派蒙:怎么办啊,旅行者…

Paimon:What should we do now, Traveler?

旅行者:我想说几句,审判官大人。

Traveler:Permission to speak, Your Honor.

那维莱特:请讲。

Neuvillette:Granted.

【选项1】

旅行者:我的委托人隐瞒了关键信息。

Traveler: My client has withheld some key information.

【选项2】

旅行者:我的辩护无法继续进行。

Traveler: My defense cannot proceed.

那维莱特:那么,你的诉求呢?

Neuvillette:In that case, what is your request?

旅行者:休庭,我们需要沟通。

Traveler:I request a brief adjournment. There are things that must be discussed.

不耐烦的观众:没必要了吧,都板上钉钉了。

Impatient Audience Member:Is that really necessary? They're already as good as guilty.

失望的观众:连请来辩护的人都骗,沟通能沟通出什么呢?

Disappointed Audience Member:The defendant deceived their own attorneys. What is there left to discuss?

那维莱特:肃静。

Neuvillette:Order, order, I say.

那维莱特:诉求合理,我们就此休庭。一小时之后,审判将会重新开始。

Neuvillette:Your request is reasonable and we shall adjourn. This trial will reconvene in one hour.

芙宁娜:你都知道这种事了,竟然还不拒绝为林尼先生辩护,看来我这位对手的职业素养超乎想象。

Furina:Heh, so you would stick to Mr. Lyney's defense even after knowing what you do now? You certainly have more professionalism than I thought.

芙宁娜:我最爱的观众们,就让胜利的喜悦再沉淀一会儿吧,哈哈哈。

Furina:In that case, my dear audience, let's allow the joy of victory to steep for a little while longer, haha.

质问林尼 Cross-examine Lyney

休庭期间,你们与林尼和琳妮特来到了歌剧院的后台。

While court is adjourned, you meet with Lyney and Lynette backstage in the opera house.

林尼:没想到这都被水神大人挖出来了,哎呀,这下就尴尬了。

Lyney:Well, this is awkward. I didn't think the Hydro Archon would dig all that up.

林尼:对不起,旅行者,派蒙。

Lyney:I'm sorry, Traveler and Paimon.

琳妮特:对不起。

Lynette:Yeah, sorry.

派蒙:我都不知道该从什么地方问才好了,唉,明明我们这么相信你们!

Paimon:Ugh... Paimon doesn't know where to start. We trusted you two!

派蒙:调查的时候,我们所有的推断,都建立在你们不是坏人的基础上!

Paimon:We based our entire reasoning on the assumption that you weren't bad guys!

派蒙:我不想说很重的话,但我真的生气了!

Paimon:Not to set the wrong tone or anything, but Paimon's really mad!

林尼:实在抱歉,我知道你们都在气头上,但我还是想解释一下我的做法。

Lyney:I'm very sorry. I know you're angry, and reasonably so, but please let me explain.

林尼:我知道你们在旅途上和愚人众的各种纠葛,光是听到这个名字就会让你们不快。

Lyney:I know you've clashed with the Fatui several times before. I wouldn't be surprised if just hearing the word is enough to make you upset.

林尼:但愚人众这个组织很大,执行官大人们都性格迥异,他们想做的事也完全不同。

Lyney:But our organization is very, very large, and the Harbingers have very different personalities and goals.

琳妮特:现在我们想要救人,救尽可能多的人。

Lynette:Right now, we want to save people... as many as we can.

林尼:嗯,对于这个国家,以及这里的人可能面对的灾难,我相信你我在情感上是站在一起的。

Lyney:That's right. I'm sure we're on the same page when it comes to this nation and the disaster that its people might face.

林尼:所以只要不把身份放到明面上,我们说不定就能成为很好的朋友…

Lyney:I knew if it weren't for our respective identities, we could become good friends...

林尼:我不想对你们「说谎」,所以我才选择了「隐瞒」。

Lyney:That's why I didn't wish to flat-out lie to you, but chose to hide some details instead.

林尼:真相固然很重要,但如果永远摆明一切真相,我们会白费许多力气。

Lyney:The truth is very important, but being completely transparent about everything would see us spending more effort than we need to.

旅行者:谁又知道这是不是谎言?

Traveler:But how can we know this isn't all just another lie?

林尼:是啊,所以由你判断。哎呀,如果我是你,恐怕我也没办法相信这个叫林尼的家伙了。

Lyney:Right. So, you be the judge. Heck, if I were you, I fear that I'd even struggle to trust me at this point.

林尼:巧合的碰面,愚人众的身份,职业还是魔术师,做的就是欺骗别人的表演…

Lyney:You met a Fatuus who works as a magician, a trickster by trade... all by coincidence, too.

林尼:——但还是请你们相信我,至少这次的案件,我的确不是犯人。

Lyney:But still, I'm asking you to trust me. I am no criminal... at least, not in this case.

琳妮特:抱歉,但,请你原谅。

Lynette:Sorry, please forgive us.

派蒙:就算你们这么说…

Paimon:Well, you both say that, but...

【选项1】

旅行者:先解释另一个问题吧。

Traveler: Explain the other issue first.

【选项2】

旅行者:魔术的时候,你去哪儿了。

Traveler: Where did you actually go while the trick was being performed?

派蒙:没错,先听你们的回答。如果你想得到我们的信任,就坦诚地说出一切。

Paimon:Right, let's hear your answer first. And no lies, now!

林尼:嗯,当然了,你们问什么我就说什么。

Lyney:Of course. I'll answer any question you ask.

林尼:我们一直想知道「谕示裁定枢机」是如何运作的,为什么它有自我意识,能准确宣判一切罪案?

Lyney:We've been trying to find out how the Oratrice operates. We want to know why it has a consciousness? Why can it deliver sentences accurately?

林尼:后来在调查的时候我们知道,在「谕示机」的下方,存在一个它的核心。

Lyney:During our investigations, we learned that the machine's core is beneath it.

林尼:从那时候开始,我和琳妮特就开始设计交换箱的魔术,真正的目的就是为了接近那个核心。

Lyney:From that moment on, Lynette and I have been designing this box-swap trick, with the objective of getting close to the core.

派蒙:这就是为什么要一分钟?

Paimon:Is that why you needed a whole minute?

林尼:对,观众数六十秒大概需要七十五秒的时间,而我进入对面的箱子只需要十五秒。

Lyney:That's right. In truth, the audience would take about seventy-five seconds to count down from sixty, while I would only need fifteen to get to the opposite box.

林尼:所以在跳进地道之后,我就靠通风口来到了歌剧院的地下,前往核心所在的房间一探究竟。

Lyney:So after jumping into the tunnel, I accessed the opera house basement via the vent and went to investigate the room in which the core is stored.

琳妮特:那个通风口,就是为了这一步,在建设地下通道的时候开凿出来的。

Lynette:That air vent was created during the construction of the tunnel specifically to execute this step.

旅行者:那你知道了什么?

Traveler:And what did you find?

林尼:什么都没有,因为我到了那个房间后,正准备开始调查,却忽然听到了人的声音…

Lyney:Well, nothing. As soon as I reached that room and was about to investigate, I heard someone's voice.

林尼:太匪夷所思了,我十分确定那个房间里当时应该只有我一个人,而且也不可能出现其他人。

Lyney:Which should have been impossible, of course — I was quite certain that I was the only one in the room.

林尼:那个声音仿佛认出了我,试图和我说话,我谨慎起见,只好选择放弃调查,原路返回。

Lyney:That voice seemed to recognize me and tried to speak to me. I chose to err on the side of caution and retreated the way I came.

林尼:回来的时候,我看到花瓶碎了,地上有衣服。可我时间已经用得差不多,来不及细想。

Lyney:On the way back, I saw the broken vase and the clothes on the ground, but the countdown was almost finished, so there wasn't time to give it any thought.

林尼:之后,就是命案的发生,一切如你们所见。

Lyney:After that, the homicide occurred just as you saw.

派蒙:这样的话,确实就听不到那声闷响了…

Paimon:Well, that explains why you didn't hear the thud...

旅行者:你们想知道「谕示机」的原理干什么?

Traveler:But why do you want to understand how the Oratrice operates?

林尼:当然也是因为那个预言,为了应对「预言危机」,我们需要知道这个国家所有的秘密。

Lyney:Because of that prophecy I told you about, of course. We must know all we can about this nation's secrets in order to deal with that prophesied crisis.

琳妮特:这样才能知道拯救大家的方法。

Lynette:That's the only way we can save everyone.

林尼:这些就是全部的真相了,我发誓,我没有再隐瞒任何东西。

Lyney:So, there you have it, the whole truth. I swear, I didn't hide anything from you this time.

林尼:我们会处于这种失去信任的情况之下,实在非我本意。

Lyney:It was never my wish to proceed under this cloud of mistrust either...

林尼:但还是那句话,由你判断,就算你因为对愚人众的不信任而直接离开,也是没有办法的事。

Lyney:But like I said earlier, you can be the judge. If you want to leave because you don't trust the Fatui, there's nothing I can do to stop you.

派蒙:旅行者,你来决定吧,不管你怎么想,我都会支持你。

Paimon:Well, Traveler, you decide. Paimon'll follow your lead however you choose.

旅行者:我相信事实。

Traveler:I believe in the facts.

【选项1】

旅行者:如果不是你,我就帮你脱罪。

Traveler: I will defend you from these charges.

【选项2】

旅行者:如果是你,审判会如期而至。

Traveler: I believe that judgment will be dispensed as it should.

林尼:好的,谢谢你。

Lyney:Okay. Thank you.

琳妮特:谢谢你愿意给我们这个机会。

Lynette:Thanks for giving us a chance.

派蒙:那现在的问题就是,那个天平对林尼和琳妮特很不利…

Paimon:The current problem is that the scales are tipped pretty badly against you two...

派蒙:要想办法反驳水神的指控,才能在接下来的审判过程中寻找真相。

Paimon:If we wanna refute the Hydro Archon's accusations, we're gonna need a seriously watertight defense.

旅行者:关键证据已经有了。

Traveler:Actually, we already have the key evidence we need.

派蒙:欸?

Paimon:...Huh?

旅行者:休庭时间快到了,我们先回去吧。

Traveler:The adjournment's almost over. Let's go back.

派蒙:好吧。唔…我大概知道你在说什么…

Paimon:Hmm. Oh, Paimon thinks she gets what you mean...

继续审判 Continue the trial

休庭结束,紧张的审判再度开始。

The brief adjournment ends, and the nail-biting trial reconvenes.

那维莱特:双方都已经回到了位置上,那么我们的审判将继续进行。

Neuvillette:Both parties have returned to their positions. Let us continue the trial.

那维莱特:既然在休庭前,林尼先生认为芙宁娜女士提出的新证据均为事实,那请芙宁娜女士讲述案件真相吧。

Neuvillette:When last we left off, Mr. Lyney acknowledged the new evidence presented by Lady Furina as fact. Therefore, Lady Furina may continue stating her reconstruction of the events.

芙宁娜:不枉我等了这么久。来吧,各位,请认真聆听。

Furina:That took long enough. Now then, if everyone would lend me their attention.

芙宁娜:这个阶段,我们只从林尼的视角出发,还原整场事件。

Furina:At this stage, let's revisit that scene from Lyney's perspective.

芙宁娜:首先,在观众的倒计时开始之时,林尼就来到了地道之中。

Furina:As the countdown began, he entered the tunnel.

芙宁娜:在平板车通过的时候,他打开箱子,与海尔希纠缠在一起,造成了那一声闷响。

Furina:When the flatbed trolley passed, he opened the box and got into an altercation with Halsey, which caused the loud thud.

芙宁娜:他没有意识到声音会大到整个歌剧院都听到,所以在之前的询问中故意说没有听到声音。

Furina:He did not realize that this sound could be heard by everyone in the opera house, which is why he claimed earlier that he could not hear the sound.

芙宁娜:最后,林尼用花瓶打晕了海尔希,为了避免她被认出来,又将她的外衣脱下。

Furina:Finally, he used the vase to knock her out, before making her change clothes to prevent others from recognizing her.

芙宁娜:但这个时候,考威尔听到异动来到地道,遇到正在犯案的林尼。

Furina:At this time, Cowell arrived in the tunnel, having heard that strange noise, and caught Lyney red-handed.

芙宁娜:于是林尼又打晕了考威尔,把他放进了箱子里。

Furina:So Lyney proceeded to knock him out too before stuffing him into that box.

芙宁娜:之后林尼把晕厥的海尔希通过观众席的魔术箱交给接应的同伙,再操作机关让考威尔看似死于意外。

Furina:Afterward, Lyney passed the unconscious Halsey to his accomplice through the magic box in the audience stands, before operating the devices such that Cowell's death would be ruled an accident.

芙宁娜:这就是事件的全貌了。

Furina:And there you have it, that's the truth behind what happened...

那维莱特:对于芙宁娜女士提出的真相描述,请问林尼先生这边有想要反驳的内容吗?

Neuvillette:Does the defendant's side have any objections to Lady Furina's description of the events?

旅行者:(反驳的关键是,按照时间顺序,林尼究竟在地道里经历了什么,又目击了什么…)

Traveler:(The key to refuting Lady Furina is the order of events — what Lyney experienced and what he saw...)

你仔细分析了林尼的自述与休庭前的反应,认为这可以用来推翻「林尼袭击海尔希」的假设。

You carefully analyzed Lyney's statement and reaction prior to the recess, and believe this can refute the accusation that "Lyney attacked Halsey."

旅行者:(按照林尼的说法,他进入地道后就从通风口离开了,不可能和少女发生冲突。)

Traveler:(According to Lyney, he left via the vent after entering the tunnel. He couldn't have had that altercation with Halsey.)

你仔细分析了林尼关于「谕示机」核心房间声音的说法,认为这可以用来推翻「林尼拐走海尔希」的假设。

You carefully analyze Lyney's statement about hearing voices in the room with the Oratrice's core, and believe this could be used to refute the accusation that "Lyney abducted Halsey."

旅行者:(林尼去了存放「谕示机」核心的房间,这应该才是真实的情况。)

Traveler:(Lyney went to the room that contains the Oratrice's core. This is the actual truth.)

你仔细分析了林尼从「谕示机」核心房间返回的时机,认为这可以用来推翻「林尼打晕考威尔」的假设。

You carefully analyze the timing of Lyney's return from the room with the Oratrice's core, and believe this could be used to refute the accusation that "Lyney knocked out Cowell."

旅行者:(林尼并没有参与到地道的混乱中,他只是在回来的时候目击了现场留下的痕迹。)

Traveler:(Lyney did not take part in the underground altercation. He only witnessed traces of the aftermath.)

继续审判 Continue the trial

派蒙:名侦探派蒙有话要说!

Paimon:Ahem! Attention! Ace Detective Paimon has something to say!

派蒙:在倒计时开始之时,林尼确实就进入了地道里。

Paimon:When the countdown started, Lyney did indeed go into the tunnel.

派蒙:但他马上就从通风口前往了歌剧院的地下室,也就是放置「谕示机」地下核心的房间。

Paimon:But he immediately used a vent to access the opera house basement, which is where the underground core of the Oratrice is stored.

派蒙:抵达之后,他在无人的房间里竟然听到了说话的声音。感觉不对劲的他决定不再逗留,直接返回。

Paimon:Once he reached that area, he heard a voice in what should have been an empty room. Since he felt something was amiss, he returned immediately.

派蒙:回到地道里,犯罪现场已经形成了,为了顺利完成魔术,林尼并没有多做停留。

Paimon:The crime scene had already developed by the time he reached the tunnel again, and in order to complete the magic trick, he did not remain there for any length of time.

派蒙:最后他返回地面,意外发生,他的视角就是这样!他是无辜的!

Paimon:Finally, he reached the surface, and that was when the accident happened from his point of view. Therefore, he's innocent!

派蒙:哇,我全都说完了欸!好厉害,我好厉害!

Paimon:Whew, Paimon did it! Paimon actually managed to say all that. Wasn't it awesome?

芙宁娜:也就是说,你们认为林尼是完全不知情的?

Furina:In other words, you believe that he knew nothing of the incident?

派蒙:没错。

Paimon:That's right.

旅行者:而且对方的推理有漏洞。

Traveler:Moreover, I believe my opposition's reasoning is flawed.

芙宁娜:欸?我、我的吗?

Furina:Huh? M—My reasoning?

【选项1】

旅行者:舞台上的道具有预谋地被动过手脚。

Traveler: The onstage equipment was clearly tampered with in a premeditated fashion.

【选项2】

旅行者:但你说考威尔是偶然撞上林尼。

Traveler: However, you say that Cowell bumped into Lyney by chance.

派蒙:那样的话,如果考威尔没有闯进地道,林尼的布置是要杀谁呢?

Paimon:If that's the case, then if Cowell hadn't entered the tunnel, who was the entire setup meant to kill?

派蒙:按照你说的案件真相,林尼只是要绑架少女来产生新的失踪案,没有必要在舞台上杀人呀。

Paimon:Assuming that what you say is true, Lyney only needed to kidnap the young girl to cause a new disappearance case. What would the point of killing someone onstage be?

赞同的观众:确实…

Approving Audience Member:Oh, they have a point...

娜维娅:对对对,就是这样,嘿嘿,不愧是我的搭档,形势终于扳回来了。

Navia:Haha, that's right, you tell them! And that's why they're partners of mine. They've managed to turn things around!

芙宁娜:就、就算你大胆否定我的推断,可又有什么证据证明你是对的?

Furina:W—Well. Your denial is very strident, I'll give you that! But what proof do you have to back your claims?

【选项1】

旅行者:你还记得…

Traveler: Do you happen to remember...

【选项2】

旅行者:你如何推翻林尼的不在场证明的吗?

Traveler: How you refuted Lyney's alibi initially?

芙宁娜:记得啊,怎么了…如果他全程在魔术箱里,又怎么会听不到那个声音…

Furina:Of course I do. If he had been in the magic box the whole time, how could he have not heard that sound? Why do you ask?

芙宁娜:啊,你是说…

Furina:Ah. You're saying that he wasn't...

你指出魔术表演中曾传来异响,林尼却对此完全不知情。

You point out that a strange thud was heard during the performance, but Lyney was completely unaware.

派蒙:没错!正是因为林尼不在魔术箱,也不在地下通道里,才会不知道有那一声「表演中的异响」。

Paimon:That's right! Lyney wasn't in the box or in the tunnel. That's why he didn't hear anything strange during the performance.

派蒙:说明案件发生的时候,林尼的确已经通过通风口,爬到了地下室当中。

Paimon:This means that when the crime happened, Lyney had already entered the basement via the vent.

派蒙:哼哼,当初你用来否定林尼的不在场证明的线索,如今又成为了他不在场证明最好的佐证!

Paimon:The same clue you used to disprove his alibi has now become the best proof. Hehe, how do ya like that?

娜维娅:干得漂亮!

Navia:Well played!

芙宁娜:嘁…居然用这样的逻辑…

Furina:Tch... To think you'd use such logic...

芙宁娜:那那那,那你们说!如果这件事不是林尼做的,还会是谁!

Furina:W—Well then! If it wasn't Lyney who committed the crimes, then who was it?

你仔细分析了考威尔,海尔希,以及潜在的第三者的作案可能,认为唯一可能的凶手应当是考威尔。

You carefully analyze Cowell, Halsey, and the possibility of a third person as the culprit, and believe the only possible murderer is Cowell.

旅行者:凶手就是…

Traveler:The murderer was...

派蒙:欸?不会吧?你是认真的?

Paimon:Huh? That can't be right. Are you serious?

派蒙:呃…凶手,就是本案的遇难者,考威尔!

Paimon:Um, the killer was, in fact, Cowell, the deceased!

芙宁娜:哦,是吗?真有意思,那就把你的推理说出来听听吧。

Furina:Hehe, is that so? How interesting. Let's hear your reasoning, then.

旅行者:(接下来我要做的,就是复原事件真相,考威尔究竟做了什么,又是如何从凶手变成了遇难者。)

Traveler:(What I must do next is recreate the truth, what Cowell did, and how he went from would-be perpetrator to victim.)

你以假定犯罪嫌疑人考威尔的视角展开分析,根据地道内的声音你确定有冲突发生,且林尼在那段时间内并无参与作案…但即便如此,你依然无法分析出失踪的海尔希去了何处。

You analyze the scene from Cowell's perspective, as though he were the culprit, and based on the sounds in the tunnel, you conclude there was a fight, and it was not possible for Lyney to have participated in the crime... but despite this, you cannot determine where the missing Halsey disappeared to.

旅行者:(此案的犯人,一定了解林尼魔术的所有奥秘,并且能够轻松对道具做手脚。)

Traveler:(The criminal must have understood the methods behind Lyney's magic trick, and must have been in a position to easily modify the equipment.)

旅行者:(且不论考威尔为何会死,他完全具备犯案的能力。)

Traveler:(Leaving aside how he died, Cowell had all the means to commit the crime at his disposal.)

旅行者:(表演中的异响,很有可能是考威尔和海尔希发生了冲突。)

Traveler:(The strange noise could likely have been the sound of Cowell and Halsey struggling.)

旅行者:(林尼有一分钟的时间不在地道内,考威尔能从观众席的魔术箱把海尔希带出去。)

Traveler:(Lyney was not in the tunnel for one minute. This would have given time for Cowell to bring Halsey out of the magic box in the audience stands.)

旅行者:(但根据警备队员的证言,那时候入口无人进出,就算送上去了,也没办法离开。)

Traveler:(But according to the Gardes' testimony, no one entered or left the opera house, so even if he had taken her, there'd be no means of exiting.)

旅行者:(而且从那里出去,是在观众们的众目睽睽之下,不可能不被发现…)

Traveler:(Exiting from the box would have been in full view of the audience, pretty much guaranteeing that they would be discovered...)

派蒙:怎么了,旅行者,果然还是想不明白吗?

Paimon:What's wrong, Traveler? Are you still having trouble figuring things out?

旅行者:海尔希到底去了哪里…

Traveler:Where in the world did Halsey go...

芙宁娜:呵呵…原来如此,虚张声势而已。我以为你们胸有成竹,可没想到,你们离真相还远得很。

Furina:Hehe. I see how it is! So this was all just a bluff. And here I thought you had something to show for it, but it seems you're still far from the truth.

林尼:冷静一点,如果走入死胡同的话,不如换一种想法吧。

Lyney:Look, since we're at a dead end, why not consider a different track?

林尼:就像魔术一样,最终呈现出来的东西,一定和魔术师的设计天差地远。

Lyney:Just like the trick as it transpired, the end result must have been utterly different from the magician's initial design.

琳妮特:要是能知道让海尔希失踪的手法…

Lynette:If only we knew how Halsey disappeared...

派蒙:只要知道这个就好办了,但地道一共就三个出入口,哪边都不太可能…

Paimon:Well, that would be nice, but the tunnel only has three exits, and none of them seem very likely.

派蒙:这又不是变魔术,一个大活人,总不会像舞台上的琳妮特那样,能从水箱里直接消失吧?

Paimon:And it's not like this is a magic trick where you can just make a real, live person disappear. Y'know, like you did from that water tank, Lynette...

【选项1】

旅行者:魔术…

Traveler: Magic...

【选项2】

旅行者:那个水箱逃生…

Traveler: Escaping from the water tank...

旅行者:(难道是…水?)

Traveler:(Wait. Could it have been the water...?)

芙宁娜:恕我打扰,各位亲爱的对手,你们是否察觉到了观众的不耐烦?在这歌剧院中,没有比冷场更大的罪过。

Furina:Excuse my interruption, dear opponents, but do you not see that the crowd is growing impatient? There is no greater sin in this opera house than an awkward delay in the performance.

那维莱特:如果林尼先生这一方无法作出有力的发言,我们就将进行下一个环节。

Neuvillette:If the defense is unable to make further effective arguments, we will move on to the next stage of the trial.

旅行者:等一下!

Traveler:Hold on a second!

你再次分析了考威尔的作案计划与地道内状况,这一次你联想到了琳妮特从水中消失的魔术,以及地道内破碎的花瓶与水…

You again analyze Cowell's plan for committing the crime and the situation in the tunnel, and this time you make the connection to Lynette disappearing in the water, as well as the broken vase and water in the tunnel...

派蒙:我懂你的意思了,如果海尔希不是被「绑架」,而是「消失」,一切就能说通了!

Paimon:Paimon gets it! It all comes together if Halsey "disappeared" instead of "being kidnapped"!

派蒙:就像那个水箱逃生魔术一样,琳妮特在我们的眼前逐渐消失,只留下了衣服。

Paimon:Lynette escaped from the water tank, vanishing gradually and leaving only clothes behind.

派蒙:如果存在一种办法,能让人变成水…

Paimon:If there's a similar method where a person could be transformed into water...

芙宁娜:等等!哈哈哈,我衷心希望你能意识到自己说的话有多荒唐。

Furina:Hahaha! Just a moment, please. I do hope you know how preposterous you sound at the moment.

芙宁娜:人变成水,这怎么可能?那是魔术,怎么可能真的实现?

Furina:How could a person ever be transformed into water? This is reality we're talking about here, not some magic trick!

【选项1】

旅行者:调查考威尔的行李。

Traveler: I request that we examine Cowell's personal effects.

【选项2】

旅行者:说不定会有收获。

Traveler: We might find something there.

芙宁娜:真的有这个必要吗?你们那边的林尼应该最清楚真相才对…

Furina:Must we, really? I should think that of anyone, your friend Lyney already knows this truth very well...

芙宁娜:魔术说到底只是一种障眼法,而案件中的海尔希是真真正正的消失,怎么能相提并论。

Furina:Magic tricks are ultimately just illusions and misdirection... but Halsey's disappearance is very real. We're talking about two completely different things.

林尼:不,即便如此…我也相信旅行者的判断。

Lyney:Even so... I trust Traveler's judgment.

林尼:真相一定存在,而所有不合理的焦点都汇聚于此的话,或许就存在打开新思路的可能。

Lyney:The truth must be out there somewhere. Perhaps some new line of reasoning may open if we try to gather all the focal points that don't make sense.

林尼:由于他是死者,之前我们并没有把目光过多地放在他的身上。

Lyney:Since Cowell was the deceased, we haven't placed much attention on him.

林尼:但现如今,案件并没有进展,调查死者的随身行李也不是什么困难的事。

Lyney:But given that we aren't making much progress with the case, it wouldn't hurt to have a look at his belongings, would it?

芙宁娜:唉…人走到穷途末路,难免想出些不高明的办法。在我看来这种无意义的扩大搜查,只是在拖延时间。

Furina:sigh People really do come up with all sorts of harebrained schemes when at the end of their rope. The way I see it, your suggestion that we broaden the scope of our investigation is nothing but a tactic for stalling the trial.

那维莱特:我认为这属于代理人的合理诉求,既然现阶段案件难有定论,能够补充证据也对审判的进展有利。

Neuvillette:Nevertheless, I believe that this is a reasonable request on the part of an attorney. Since the trial does indeed appear to be at an impasse, I believe that additional evidence may help us make more progress.

那维莱特:请警备队员进入休息室,调查死者考威尔的随身物品吧。

Neuvillette:Gardes, please step into the lounge and examine the personal effects of the deceased, Cowell.

一段时间之后,警备队员带回了消息。

After some time, a Garde returns with news.

埃斯蒙德:调查还在继续,但我们已经取得了很重要的进展,想要立刻分享给在场的各位。

Esmond:We are still examining the items, but we have already made critical progress that we feel must be shared with everyone posthaste.

埃斯蒙德:在考威尔的行李中,我们发现了几个装有液体的试管,分别贴上了标签。

Esmond:We discovered several test tubes of fluid within Cowell's baggage, each labeled separately.

埃斯蒙德:而在他背包中的笔记本里,将这些液体称为「原始胎海之水」。

Esmond:The notebook in his backpack claims that these fluids are "Water from the Primordial Sea."

那维莱特:「原始胎海」…

Neuvillette:The Primordial Sea...

埃斯蒙德:笔记的内容表示,考威尔隶属于一个贩卖违禁药物的组织,有协同进行计划的伙伴。

Esmond:The notes' contents also indicate that Cowell belonged to an organization that sells illegal drugs, and that he had an accomplice.

埃斯蒙德:笔记本中记录了很多安全使用相关的备注,且多次提到了「溶解」的关键词。

Esmond:The notebook has many entries concerning safe usage of these fluids, in which the keyword "dissolve" appears many times.

埃斯蒙德:而有一个试管上,写有「欧庇克莱歌剧院」和昨天的日期,已经是个空瓶。

Esmond:One of these tubes was labeled "Opera Epiclese" along with yesterday's date. It is empty.

埃斯蒙德:笔记里还提到,这个溶解的特性只对枫丹人有效,海尔希应当是被选为了试验品。

Esmond:The notes also state that these dissolution properties work exclusively on people from Fontaine. It's likely that Halsey was chosen as some sort of test subject.

埃斯蒙德:所以我们认为,由林尼方提出的猜想,拥有足够的证据支持。

Esmond:As such, we believe that the defense's hypothesis is, in fact, supported by sufficient evidence.

惊讶的观众:开玩笑的吧,人可以被溶解成水…?

Surprised Audience Member:You've got to be kidding! People, dissolving into water?

震惊的观众:这种荒唐事也是真的啊?

Astonished Audience Member:Could something so ridiculous actually be true?

迟疑的观众:等等…这好像让我想起某个预言,应该只是巧合吧?

Hesitant Audience Member:Wait a moment, this reminds me of a certain prophecy. But... it's just a coincidence, isn't it?

娜维娅:人能变成水,所以水箱的真实用途是隐藏水渍?考威尔盯上了那个少女…

Navia:If people can become water, does that mean that the water tank's real use was as a means to hide water stains? And if Cowell was targeting that girl...

娜维娅:等等…难道说!你们两个,快跟我来。

Navia:Wait just a moment... Could that mean...? You two, with me, quick!

迈勒斯:大小姐,请等一下,你的搭档怎么办?

Melus:Demoiselle, wait! What about your partners?

娜维娅:先跟我来,相信我的直觉!

Navia:Let's go, just trust me!

那维莱特:肃静,肃静。

Neuvillette:Order, order.

那维莱特:虽然是让各位都很震惊的调查结果,但该线索目前无从查证其真实性。

Neuvillette:It is undeniable that further examination of the deceased's personal effects has yielded some surprising results, but we cannot yet verify the veracity of these clues.

那维莱特:在失踪的海尔希小姐仍未被搜索到的前提下,本庭暂时将该线索内容视为有效。

Neuvillette:Still, let us assume that these clues are indeed authentic — albeit with the understanding that Ms. Halsey has yet to be found.

那维莱特:麻烦警备队继续沿这条线索进行调查。

Neuvillette:Gardes, please continue examining the items along these lines.

那维莱特:林尼先生,你们提出的猜想获得了支持,请继续发言吧。

Neuvillette:Mr. Lyney, it appears your hypothesis is supported by the evidence, so please continue speaking.

林尼:好的,谢谢你,审判官大人。

Lyney:Of course. Thank you, Your Honor.

林尼:在这个猜想成立之后,很多看似不相关的线索都可以联系起来了。

Lyney:If we uphold this hypothesis, I believe that many of this case's seemingly unrelated clues can be connected together.

派蒙:对啊,比如那个之前一直搞不清楚的铁钩!

Paimon:Right, like the metal hook. That one didn't make sense at all!

派蒙:好好想想吧,考威尔的手法肯定和「原始胎海之水」有关系。

Paimon:Let's think about this. Cowell's methods must have something to do with that "Water from the Primordial Sea."

经过分析,你认为凶手考威尔是借助「原始胎海之水」使海尔希溶解的,他通过钩绳破坏气球使水落下,由此控制了海尔希的溶解时间,而这些机关被他藏在了魔术箱内层。

Based on your analysis, you believe the murderer Cowell planned to use Water from the Primordial Sea to dissolve Halsey, and used the hooked rope to pop the balloon and drop the water, using this to control when Halsey would be dissolved, and these mechanisms were hidden by him within the magic box.

继续审判 Continue the trial

派蒙:又到了名侦探派蒙发言的时间!

Paimon:Ahem! It's Ace Detective Paimon's time to shine again!

派蒙:在原本的计划里,考威尔对水箱的绳索与选号器做了手脚,锁定了这次计划的目标。

Paimon:In the original plan, Cowell would tamper with the water tank rope and the number selector, securing his target.

派蒙:在装有海尔希的魔术箱下降的时候,铁钩被逐渐收回,刺破了箱子顶部的气球。

Paimon:When the magic box containing Halsey was lowered, the metal hook would retract gradually and pierce the balloon at the top of the box.

派蒙:固定在顶板上的气球爆炸,其中的「原始胎海之水」落下,让海尔希溶解于水中。

Paimon:When the balloon attached to the box popped, the Water from the Primordial Sea inside it would pour down and dissolve Halsey.

派蒙:之后考威尔进入地道,打破花瓶隐藏地道中的水,剩下的证据,就靠舞台上的水箱掩盖掉。

Paimon:Afterward, Cowell would enter the tunnel and break the flower vase to conceal the water inside the tunnel, with the remaining evidence being covered up by the water tank onstage.

派蒙:可是在地道中的考威尔遇到了意料之外的事,本来用于掩盖证据的水箱最后砸死了自己。

Paimon:But he encountered something unexpected in the tunnel, and wound up being fatally hit by the same water tank he meant to use to cover his tracks.

赞同的观众:有道理啊。

Approving Audience Member:Huh, that does make sense.

肯定的观众:这样很多令人疑惑的证据都串联上了。

Certain Audience Member:That actually links together a lot of the more confusing pieces of evidence.

芙宁娜:(完了,连我都觉得他们的分析很有道理。我不会…真的冤枉了好人吧?太、太丢人了…)

Furina:(Oh dear, what do I do? Even I think they sound convincing now! Have I falsely accused an innocent person? Ugh, what a humiliation...)

林尼:这么看来,现在唯一尚未解决的疑点,就只有考威尔当时究竟遇到了什么情况…才最终导致他的死亡。

Lyney:Now, it seems like the only point of contention remaining is the exact circumstances that led to Cowell's death.

林尼:而他的笔记中也提到,他还有一名协同作案的同伙,难道跟那个同伙有关…

Lyney:His notes mentioned he had an accomplice who could be related to the situation...

那维莱特:就在刚刚,警备队和我联系,想要提供新的调查证据。

Neuvillette:On that note, the Gardes have just contacted me indicating that they uncovered new evidence.

那维莱特:请他来到舞台的中央,向我们陈述进展吧。

Neuvillette:I shall now invite him onstage to share it with us.

沃恩:谢谢审判官大人,就在刚刚,我们陆续调查了其他涉案人员的行李…

Vaughn:Thank you, Your Honor. We were just inspecting the luggage of the other people involved in this case...

沃恩:而我们在林尼的行李中,找到了与考威尔手中相同的「原始胎海之水」!

Vaughn:And we found an identical sample of the Water from the Primordial Sea among Lyney's personal effects!

林尼:什、什么?!

Lyney:Wh—What!?

琳妮特:这不可能。

Lynette:That can't be.

芙宁娜:呵呵…多么有戏剧性的一幕。本该用于反击的子弹,却对自己造成了致命伤…

Furina:Hehe, oh I see! Well, how wonderfully comedic, to have your own counterattack only to come back and wound you!

芙宁娜:这样的话,一切疑点就都解决了吧?

Furina:Does this not clear all doubt?

芙宁娜:各位亲爱的子民,各位忠实的观众,我将用我的推理为本次事件一锤定音。

Furina:My dear citizens, my loyal audience, allow me to present my reasoning and bring this performance to a swift close.

芙宁娜:林尼根本无需参与少女溶解一事,他进入地道后便借助通风口离开了。

Furina:Lyney did not need to take part in the dissolution of the young woman at all. Indeed, he did leave the scene via the vent.

芙宁娜:与他合作的考威尔已经为魔术道具做好手脚,「原始胎海之水」让海尔希溶解消失。

Furina:Having made modifications to the props beforehand, his accomplice Cowell then caused Halsey to vanish using the Water from the Primordial Sea.

芙宁娜:但在林尼返回的时候,心生歹意,想要独吞这一份功劳…于是准备做掉自己的合作伙伴。

Furina:But upon his return, in cruel avarice, Lyney desired sole credit and prepared to do away with his partner-in-crime.

芙宁娜:最终林尼打晕了考威尔,原本只是用来隐藏痕迹的手法,变成了杀人工具。

Furina:Ultimately, he knocked Cowell out, and the tool meant to cover the crime up also became a murder weapon.

芙宁娜:我实在不愿意做出如此残酷又直白的定论,可大名鼎鼎的愚人众想必就是这样一个冷血又无情无义的组织——

Furina:Now, as much as I regret having come to such a viciously straightforward conclusion, it does seem that the famed Fatui is quite the cold-blooded and ruthless organization...

芙宁娜:林尼先生,我说的对吧?

Furina:Am I right, Mr. Lyney?

旅行者:(证据已经用完了,没办法形成有效的反驳。)

Traveler:(We've used up all the evidence we collected. There's no way for us to make a rebuttal here.)

旅行者:(难道…只能到此为止了吗?)

Traveler:(Is this the end of the road?)

派蒙:唔…想不到,想不到,好像真的没有反驳的办法了…

Paimon:Oh no... Paimon can't think of anything either. It doesn't look like there's any way around this!

派蒙:说到底那个原始胎海之水的新证据也太有力了吧,而且怎么现在才拿出这样的证据来,也太奇怪了…

Paimon:Ugh, seems using the water as new evidence was too good a move... why did this have to happen now?

芙宁娜:好了,在场这么多双眼睛都见证过了,我的推理很完美嘛。

Furina:I think we've all seen enough now, and we have ample witnesses to my flawless reasoning.

芙宁娜:想必…这就是「终幕」了吧。

Furina:I believe this is indeed the "finale."

芙宁娜:那边那位高贵的、万人敬仰的最高审判官先生,依你所见,现在是否可以…

Furina:Now then, my good, noble Chief Justice, should we not, in your view move—

娜维娅:各位,先停一下,听我说一句!

Navia:Excuse me, everyone, but I must interject!

那维莱特:这位小姐,请尊重审判的秩序,不要大声喧哗。

Neuvillette:Miss, I must ask you not to shout and to respect the ongoing legal proceedings.

娜维娅:别急嘛,我这么说肯定有我的道理。辩来辩去估计你们都听累了,大家想不想再看一场魔术呢?

Navia:Oh, come on, don't be hasty. I have a good reason for interrupting, you know. Now, would anyone here like to take a little break from all this debate, and see a little magic?

娜维娅:一场能够让「已经消失」的少女,重新出现在我们面前的魔术。拜托你了,林尼先生。

Navia:I'll show you an amazing trick, one that can bring a young woman who has "disappeared" back in the flesh, right before our very eyes! Please do the honors Mr. Lyney, if you would be so kind.

困惑的观众:她、她在说什么?

Confused Audience Member:Wh—What in the world is she saying?

林尼:小姐,我可能会让你失望的,创造这样的奇迹并非是我这个魔术师能做到的范畴。

Lyney:No offense, Miss, but miracles like that are beyond my scope as a magician.

娜维娅:喂,大魔术师。魔术最擅长的,就是混淆视听,对吧?人们眼中的魔术往往都会把真相隐藏起来,将有趣的假象带给人们。

Navia:Come on now, don't be silly. Magic is all about misdirection, isn't it? It often conceals the truth while presenting a fascinating illusion.

娜维娅:可当所有人都将假象视为真相的时候,魔术又说不定可以把真正的真相带到人们眼前呢?

Navia:But once everyone believes the illusion, can't magic reveal the truth to them once again?

娜维娅:…而那个魔术,才称得上是最精彩,最配得上今天「终幕」的魔术吧?

Navia:And wouldn't such a trick be the most marvelous finale to today's performance?

娜维娅:来吧,林尼,琳妮特,再来一次。放心吧,「刺玫会」已经为苦恼中的你们安排好了。

Navia:Come on, Lyney and Lynette. Give it another go. Don't worry — Spina di Rosula has made the necessary arrangements on your behalf.

娜维娅:你们是舞台的聚焦点,也是魔术的创作者,最后的表演还是要交给你们才行嘛。

Navia:But as the magic-makers and stars of the show, I think I should leave the final performance to you.

林尼:我知道了。

Lyney:I understand.

林尼:(啪——)

Lyney:click

琳妮特:锵锵——

Lynette:And voila!

魔术箱打开,本已失踪的少女竟然再度现身。

Opening the magic box, the missing girl unexpectedly reappears.

???:…呃、呃,抱歉,打扰了。

???:Um... Uh, sorry for the interruption.

惊讶的观众:这难道就是失踪的海尔希?人会溶解什么的果然是假的吧?

Surprised Audience Member:Wait, isn't that Halsey? So the whole thing about people dissolving wasn't true after all?

???:我先说清楚啊,是这个人告诉我如果老实出庭作证,能让我戴罪立功,少判一点,我才来的…

???:To be clear, I'm only here because this person told me that if I testified, the merit of doing so would lessen my sentence...

???:我刚刚一直躲在外面听这场审判,因为我很害怕,以为本来是要审判我的…

???:I was hiding outside this room listening to the proceedings because I was afraid that I would be the one put on trial...

???:所以我还在庆幸,没人注意到,结果回过神来我已经被她逮住了。

???:I was just feeling happy that no one had noticed me... and then before I knew it, she caught me.

娜维娅:嘿嘿,可别小看我们三个人哦。

Navia:Hehe, that'll teach you to underestimate us three.

???:该从哪里说呢…唉,总之,对不起,考威尔是我杀的。

???:Where should I begin... sigh I'm sorry. I'm the one who killed Cowell, I admit it.

芙宁娜:什么?啊?为什么啊?

Furina:Wh—What? Why?

莉莉安:我不是什么海尔希,我的名字叫莉莉安,老家是蒙德的。

Liliane:Firstly, my name isn't Halsey. It's Liliane, and I'm originally from Mondstadt.

莉莉安:我听说林尼的表演特别厉害,但我又错过了买票的时间,就偷了一张票。

Liliane:I heard that Lyney's show was going to be a real thriller, but I missed the chance to buy a ticket, so I stole one.

莉莉安:我就是干这个的,偷东西家常便饭,轻轻松松,从来没被抓到过…

Liliane:That's how I make a living, I steal stuff here and there... and I'd never been caught before.

莉莉安:结果前几天在海露港的时候居然被盯上了,我好不容易才跑掉。那时候抓我的人就有林尼。

Liliane:But I was noticed at the harbor a few days ago, and I barely got away. Lyney was the one who caught me in the act.

派蒙:我说哪里有点眼熟,原来那时候的那个小偷就是你!

Paimon:Hey, no wonder you look familiar. So you were the thief!

派蒙:我记得林尼当时还夸过你的身手不错。

Paimon:Lyney even mentioned that you were pretty skilled.

莉莉安:嗯,我还以为那件事就这么算了,但进来看表演的时候,没想到那个选号器又选到了我。

Liliane:Well, and I thought that would've been the end of it, but then the number selector chose me.

莉莉安:他还说什么「梅洛彼得堡」,那不是监狱嘛。我吓了一大跳,还以为被他给盯上了。

Liliane:He even mentioned the Fortress of Meropide. That's a prison, isn't it? So you can imagine how shocked I was — I thought he was onto me for sure.

莉莉安:我先装作配合演出,准备伺机逃跑…可后来先是莫名被淋了一头水,又有个人跳到地道里想来抓我…

Liliane:So I played along with the show while looking for an opening to flee, but then I got water poured on me for no reason, and then someone jumped into the tunnel to nab me...

莉莉安:…我不愿意束手就擒,就把他打晕塞进箱子里了。

Liliane:I wasn't going to take that lying down, so I knocked him out and stuffed him into the box.

莉莉安:我也没地方跑,只能换了衣服藏在放表演服的箱子里。

Liliane:There was nowhere to run from there, though, so I had to change my clothes and hide in a box containing performance costumes.

莉莉安:直到第一个警备队员来到现场时,我才趁机溜了出去,在歌剧院里藏了起来。

Liliane:I slipped out after the first Garde arrived at the scene and continued hiding inside the opera house.

派蒙:那个里面能藏人的吗?

Paimon:Can a person even hide in there?

【选项1】

旅行者:训练有素的话勉强可以…

Traveler: If they're a practiced hand at concealment, probably...

【选项2】

旅行者:职业是小偷的话,就说得通了。

Traveler: A professional thief could make it work.

莉莉安:但我发誓,我绝对不知道水箱会掉下来,绝对绝对不知道!

Liliane:But I swear I didn't know that the water tank would fall down. Really, I swear it!

莉莉安:如果知道这种事,我不可能把他塞进魔术箱里!我只窃财,不害命!

Liliane:Had I known that, I wouldn't have put him in the magic box! I may be a thief, but I'm no killer!

派蒙:这样的话,整件事终于搞清楚了。

Paimon:Well, that makes everything pretty clear now, doesn't it?

旅行者:嗯,是时候反驳水神之前的推理了。

Traveler:Yeah. Now it's time to refute the Hydro Archon's previous reasoning.

旅行者:(这次要以莉莉安的视角,从头到尾复原事件的经过。)

Traveler:(This time, we need to tell the entire story from Liliane's perspective.)

你仔细回想了魔术表演中的异响,认为制造响声的另有其人。

You recall the odd noise that occurred during the magic performance carefully, and you believe that someone else might have made that sound.

旅行者:(那声异响并不是因为争斗,而是莉莉安受到惊吓破门而出的声音。)

Traveler:(The strange sound wasn't from a fight, it was Liliane's attempt to break out when she was frightened.)

你仔细回想了地道内破碎的花瓶,认为这才是冲突后留下的现场痕迹。

You recall the shattered flower vase in the tunnel with care, and believe that this was the evidence left behind after the altercation.

旅行者:(现在看来花瓶里的水并不是用来隐藏水迹,而是在莉莉安与考威尔的争斗中不小心撞破的…)

Traveler:(The flower vase was not broken to cover anything up, but was smashed during the struggle between Liliane and Cowell...)

你仔细回想了地道内少女的衣物,认为这才是「海尔希」在地道内真正做的事情。

You carefully recall the young lady's clothes in the tunnel, and you believe that this is what "Halsey" really did in there.

旅行者:(莉莉安担心就这么离开会被认出来,于是换了衣服藏在地道里等待时机…不愧是经验丰富的小偷。)

Traveler:(Liliane was afraid that she would be recognized if she left, so she changed clothes and hid, biding her time... Just what one might expect of an experienced thief.)

继续审判 Continue the trial

派蒙:锵锵,名侦探派蒙时间!

Paimon:Aaand it's Ace Detective Paimon Time!

派蒙:莉莉安被意外选中,陷入了惊慌的状态。

Paimon:Having been selected out of the blue, Liliane panicked.

派蒙:进入地道之后,突然被水淋头的莉莉安非常恐慌,踢开门,产生了我们听到的闷响。

Paimon:Her panic only intensified after she entered the tunnel and had water poured on her head. So she kicked the door open, producing the thud we all heard.

派蒙:此时听到异常动静的考威尔跳入地道,发现莉莉安并没有按计划溶解。

Paimon:Hearing the commotion, Cowell leaped into the tunnel, only to discover that Liliane had not dissolved.

派蒙:因为考威尔不知道,莉莉安并非枫丹人,而是窃票进入观赏表演的小偷。

Paimon:He did not know that Liliane was not from Fontaine, but was a thief who'd made her way in by stealing a ticket.

派蒙:考威尔误以为「原始胎海之水」的生效需要时间,想要把莉莉安强行塞回箱子里。

Paimon:Mistakenly believing that the Water from the Primordial Sea needed time to take effect, he tried to force Liliane back into the box.

派蒙:两人在扭打的过程中撞碎了花瓶,最后是莉莉安将考威尔打晕,把他放进了箱子。

Paimon:The two broke the flower vase during the struggle, but Liliane came out on top, knocking Cowell out and putting him in the box.

派蒙:无处可逃的她选择换掉衣服藏在箱子中,直到表演结束。

Paimon:With no way of escaping, she changed her clothes and hid in the costume trunk until the performance ended.

派蒙:因为自那之后想要离开歌剧院,就必须接受警备队的检查,所以这两天她就被困在歌剧院中。

Paimon:She knew that she would have to go through Garde inspection if she tried to leave afterward, so she has been trapped in the opera house these last two days.

娜维娅:我们吃着马卡龙聊天的时候,少掉的两个就是被饿到不行的她偷去的,真是个天才小偷啊。

Navia:She had already become desperately hungry by the time we were chatting over macarons, so she swiped two of them right under our noses. Talk about a sneaky thief!

派蒙:至此,地道里发生了什么事,也就分析清楚了!

Paimon:At this point, all the events that happened in the tunnel have now come to light!

醒悟的观众:原来是这样…

Canny Audience Member:Ah, so that's the whole story...

喝彩的观众:精彩,精彩啊!

Cheering Audience Member:Bravo. Bravo!

那维莱特:对于林尼先生方面提出的说法,芙宁娜女士有无不同的看法?

Neuvillette:Now then, Lady Furina, do you wish to speak against the defense's statements?

芙宁娜:我、我…呃…

Furina:I... Um...

那维莱特:请回答我的问题,芙宁娜女士。顺便一提,审判尚未结束,指控方不可提前离场。

Neuvillette:Please answer the question, Lady Furina. Also, if I may add, the trial has not yet ended. As such, I request that the prosecution not leave the room before the proceedings have concluded.

芙宁娜:你怎么知道我在想什么?!

Furina:Ugh! What, are you reading my mind now!?

芙宁娜:哎,没有异议啦。我输了,真是的,这种时候不问我也可以,给我留点面子啊。

Furina:sigh No, I have no further arguments. I admit defeat. But really, could you at least have left me with some dignity?

派蒙:她像个被扎破的气球,一下子就软下去了。

Paimon:Wow, look at that. She's like a deflated balloon now.

那维莱特:既然没有意见,那么就由我,枫丹最高审判官,为在场诸位复原这一起案件的始末。

Neuvillette:If there are no objections, then as the Chief Justice of Fontaine, I shall once again repeat the full sequence of events.

那维莱特:少女失踪案的实际作案者考威尔,在观众名册上挑选了作案目标。

Neuvillette:The actual perpetrator of the serial disappearances, Cowell, selected his next victim from the audience reservation list.

那维莱特:只要对选号器做手脚,就能保证届时一定能选中事前锁定的那个少女。

Neuvillette:With some modifications to the selector, he could ensure that the pre-selected young woman would be chosen.

那维莱特:为了在作案的同时隐藏痕迹,考威尔想到用水箱坠落来隐藏少女溶解后剩下的水。

Neuvillette:To cover up any evidence while committing the deed, Cowell thought of allowing the water tank to fall, which would conceal the water left behind after the young woman was dissolved.

那维莱特:于是他在水箱的吊绳上做了手脚,利用表演结束时的烟花,达到水箱坠落,隐藏水迹的目的。

Neuvillette:He also tampered with the ropes suspending the water tank, using the fireworks at the end of the performance to cause the tank to drop and hide the water marks.

那维莱特:用于溶解少女的「原始胎海之水」,则在魔术箱的准备阶段,装进气球粘贴于箱子顶板。

Neuvillette:He poured the Water from the Primordial Sea, into a balloon during the preparation of the magic box and stuck it to the box's lid.

那维莱特:最后,在考威尔把少女送进魔术箱的时候,他将提前准备好的钩绳穿过了门缝。

Neuvillette:Finally, he passed the prepared hook on a rope through the gap in the magic box's door when bringing the young woman to said box.

那维莱特:魔术表演正式开始,装有少女的魔术箱进入地道,钩绳被逐渐收紧,刮破灌有「原始胎海之水」的气球。

Neuvillette:When the magic trick officially began, the box containing the woman was lowered into the tunnel, tightening the hook rope and bursting the balloon containing the Water.

那维莱特:按照原计划,少女会在此时被水溶解,可是莉莉安并非枫丹人,逃离魔术箱并发出了巨大的声响。

Neuvillette:If all had gone to plan, the young woman would be dissolved at this time. However, Liliane was not from Fontaine, and thus fled the box with a loud noise.

那维莱特:意识到问题的考威尔跳入地道,与莉莉安遭遇。以为只是「原始胎海之水」没有立刻生效的他,决定继续实行计划。

Neuvillette:Realizing that there was trouble, Cowell entered the tunnel and met Liliane. Thinking that the Waters had not yet taken effect, he decided to proceed.

那维莱特:但对方身手不凡,搏斗一番之后,反倒是考威尔被打晕放进了魔术箱,成为了最后的受害者。

Neuvillette:However, his opponent was more capable than he thought, and he was overcome, knocked unconscious, and placed into the magic box, and thus became his own final victim.

那维莱特:莉莉安则如其陈述那样,在地道中换衣服并藏身,直到魔术完全结束才躲去歌剧院的其他位置。

Neuvillette:Liliane, according to her own statements, then changed clothes and hid until the performance ended before hiding in other parts of the opera house.

那维莱特:而林尼,这段时间都在歌剧院的地下结构中,对地道中的事并不知情。

Neuvillette:As for Lyney, he was in the underground structures within the opera house, and was thus ignorant of these happenings.

那维莱特:从完整复现的案情来看,受到指控的林尼,理应是无罪的。

Neuvillette:From this reconstruction of events, we can conclude that Lyney, the accused, is in fact innocent.

派蒙:太好了,林尼,琳妮特!

Paimon:Hooray, Lyney and Lynette! Amazing!

那维莱特:虽然关于莉莉安与林尼的做法,还有很多需要另案审判的内容…

Neuvillette:While there is much in Lyney and Liliane's conduct that should still be investigated separately...

那维莱特:但这起案件,已经可以交由「谕示裁定枢机」做出最终的定夺了。

Neuvillette:This case, at least, can be handed over to the Oratrice to make the final decision.

那维莱特:由此,我正式宣布,林尼与琳妮特,无罪!

Neuvillette:As such, Lyney and Lynette are officially declared "Not Guilty"!

派蒙:名侦探派蒙,大获全胜!

Paimon:Hahaha! Victory for Ace Detective Paimon!

娜维娅:干得好啊,搭档!

Navia:Great work, partners!

琳妮特:谢谢你们,真的,非常感谢。

Lynette:Thank you all, thank you so much!

旅行者:先别着急庆祝。

Traveler:Let's not celebrate just yet...

那维莱特:接下来,请解释一下吧,沃恩警官。

Neuvillette:Next, I think we deserve an explanation, Garde Vaughn.

那维莱特:你是怎么从林尼的行李里查出「原始胎海之水」的。

Neuvillette:How did you find the Water from the Primordial Sea in Lyney's baggage?

芙宁娜:对、对啊,害得我做出了错误的判断,难不成你敢在这个地方做伪证?

Furina:Right! Your discovery caused me to make a serious mistake, you know! ...Or was that not a discovery, but false evidence that you dared to bring before this court?

那维莱特:考威尔笔记里提到的同伴,我想并不是林尼,而是你吧?

Neuvillette:I suspect that the accomplice mentioned in Cowell's notes was not Lyney, but you, yes?

沃恩:我、我…

Vaughn:I... Uh...

那维莱特:你应该很清楚吧,你应该怎么做才会让你的判决减轻。

Neuvillette:I'm sure you know what you must do to lessen your sentence.

芙宁娜:快说,不然让你一辈子都去和「特许券」作伴!

Furina:Speak quickly, unless you want to earn yourself a one-way ticket to coupon-town.

沃恩:我、我也是听令办事啊!

Vaughn:I—I was just following orders!

沃恩:我们必须让林尼背上「少女连环失踪案」的黑锅,把嫌疑都推给愚人众,上面说这是最好的机会。

Vaughn:We were supposed to place blame for the serial disappearances onto Lyney and thus cause suspicion to fall on the Fatui. The higher-ups said that this was the best opportunity to do so.

那维莱特:计划败露,「原始胎海之水」的秘密也被公之于众,你们的头目已经把你视为眼中钉。

Neuvillette:And now that your plan has fallen through, and the secrets of the Water have been revealed, you have become a liability to said higher-ups, yes?

那维莱特:你最明智的选择,是全盘交待一切,以求警备队的保护。

Neuvillette:Therefore, you would be wise to tell everything you know and seek the protection of the Gardes.

沃恩:我说,我说,我全都说!

Vaughn:Y—Yes! I'll tell you everything I know!

沃恩:「原始胎海之水」能让人溶解,是我们老大发现的。

Vaughn:Our boss discovered that the Water can cause people to dissolve.

沃恩:这东西还能用来制成药水,冲得非常非常淡以后,喝了能让人很兴奋,再也忘不了。

Vaughn:It can also be made into a potion which, when extremely diluted, can cause people to experience unforgettable exhilaration.

沃恩:我们一直都在做这个生意,赚了很多钱,少女连环失踪案也是我们老大的计划,哦,我们老大就是那位…那位…

Vaughn:We've been in this business for a while now and have made decent Mora off it. The disappearances were also the boss' idea. I mean, this is the boss we're talking about, the—

沃恩:呃啊啊啊啊——!

Vaughn:Aaaargh!

众目睽睽之下,就在沃恩将要说出幕后之人姓名的时候,他的身体溶解成水…

In front of everyone's eyes, just as Vaughn was to say the name of the criminal mastermind, his body dissolves into water...

众人:!!!

Crowd:Huh!!!

派蒙:哇、哇…?!

Paimon:Whaa!?

旅行者:变成…水了。

Traveler:He... turned into water.

林尼:这是,被封口了吧。

Lyney:And now he can no longer talk.

娜维娅:不愧是他们啊,这么心狠手辣。

Navia:Such ruthlessness. I shouldn't have expected any less of them.

那维莱特:嚣张至极。

Neuvillette:An outrageous act.

那维莱特:请在场的所有人立刻接受盘查。

Neuvillette:All present, please submit to inspection immediately.

然而,现场除了沃恩溶解后的液体以外,没有任何蛛丝马迹。

However, nothing is found on the scene apart from the liquid left behind after Vaughn dissolved.

与林尼对话 Talk to Lyney

派蒙:我们…就这么回去了吗?

Paimon:So... we're just going back now?

【选项1】

旅行者:问题暂时解决了。

Traveler: The problem seems to have been solved for now.

【选项2】

旅行者:这里也不需要我们了吧。

Traveler: We're not needed here anymore.

派蒙:话虽这么说…

Paimon:That's true, but...

林尼:旅行者、派蒙!请你们等一下…

Lyney:Traveler, Paimon, please wait...

旅行者:……

Traveler:...

派蒙:林尼…

Paimon:Lyney...

林尼:我明白你现在不想和我说话,甚至不想见到我的心情…

Lyney:I know you may not want to speak to me right now. Maybe you don't even want to look at me...

林尼:在明知我是愚人众的情况下,还是为我辩护到最后,直至帮我脱罪…请容许我再次向你道谢。

Lyney:But still, let me thank you again for defending me to the end, even after you learned that I am a member of the Fatui.

【选项1】

旅行者:只是不想看到有人被冤枉罢了。

Traveler: I just didn't wish to see anyone be falsely accused.

【选项2】

旅行者:只是还你之前的人情。

Traveler: I just wanted to be sure that we're square.

林尼:…是吗,可是不论如何,我还是希望能有机会在你面前把话讲清楚…

Lyney:I guess. But regardless, I'd like the opportunity to set things straight...

林尼:我并非是带着任何目的或者恶意来接近你的,一直以来我只是以「林尼」这个个体在与你对话。

Lyney:I didn't approach you with any ulterior motives or ill-intent. I've spoken to you as myself, just plain "Lyney," this entire time.

林尼:我身在愚人众一方,也只是像我这样的孤儿,与壁炉之家的利益一致而已。

Lyney:As for why I'm a Fatuus, it's because the goals of the House of the Hearth align with those of an orphan like me. That's all.

林尼:当初,我们的「父亲(Otets)」,也就是「仆人」大人招募我的时候,也是以这样的理由…

Lyney:That was how "Fath(Otets)er," who you might know as The Knave, approached recruiting us back then, too...

派蒙:「仆人」…那位愚人众的执行官吗,早有耳闻是掌控着壁炉之家的人,原来「仆人」就是你口中的「父亲」啊。

Paimon:The Knave? The one who controls the House of the Hearth? She's your "father"?

林尼:没错,既然说到这里,不知道你们是否愿意听有关我过去的故事…

Lyney:That's right. And since we're here, I was wondering... Would you mind hearing a story? It's about my past.

林尼:起初在父母去世以后,我和琳妮特两人只能流落街头。

Lyney:Back when our parents first died, Lynette and I were left wandering the streets.

林尼:为了谋生,我偷偷观察路边卖艺的一位魔术师前辈,一看就是好几天,终于琢磨出了那些天花乱坠的手法是如何实现的。

Lyney:To survive, I took to surreptitiously observing an older street performer who did magic. It took me several days to figure out how he pulled off his amazing tricks.

林尼:我带着妹妹走了好几条街,终于找到一处热闹的角落,开始试着表演起魔术。

Lyney:I took my sister through several streets until we found a crowded corner, and we began to perform magic tricks there.

林尼:想不到我们的表演很受欢迎,吃饭的问题暂时可以解决了,但我还是不希望妹妹和我一起这样露宿街头。

Lyney:To my surprise, we proved to be pretty popular, and we could at least stop worrying about where our next meal would come from for a time. But, I didn't want my sister to remain a street rat together with me forever.

林尼:很快,一个贵族找到了我,说看过我的表演之后,希望可以收养我们二人。

Lyney:Before long, an aristocrat came to me, and claimed that he wished to take us in after watching my performances.

派蒙:一下子从孤儿变成了贵族家的养子?

Paimon:So you went from orphans to nobility, just like that?

林尼:我们最初也是这么觉得的,好像命运又站在了我们这一边,从此可以告别过去那些痛苦的日子。

Lyney:That was how we felt at first, too... As if fate was on our side, and we could say goodbye to those painful days.

林尼:可是我逐渐发现,说是「养子」,但其实他只是看中我的魔术才能…

Lyney:But I gradually discovered that while we were called "foster children," he was really after my talent for magic tricks...

林尼:他不断将我带到各种宴会上吸引眼球,借此来扩展自己的社交圈。

Lyney:He would constantly take me to all sorts of banquets to garner attention, which he would then use to expand his social circles.

派蒙:那好像…也还不错?至少比流落街头要强吧…

Paimon:That doesn't seem too bad either... Better than roaming the streets, at any rate...

林尼:呵呵,后来我意识到,那些贵族的内心远比我们想的要黑暗。

Lyney:Hehe. It took a while for me to realize just how dark his heart really was.

林尼:在一次宴会上的表演结束后,我发现琳妮特并没有和我坐同一辆车回去。

Lyney:After one particular performance at a banquet, I discovered that Lynette was not on the same return vehicle as me.

林尼:到家后我等了很久,琳妮特也没有回来。我冲到那个贵族的卧房质问他,我的妹妹去哪儿了…

Lyney:I waited a long time after we returned home, but she did not come back. I went to that noble's bedroom and asked him about her whereabouts...

林尼:我得到的回答是…「宴会上有位大人物看上她了,我就当做礼物送出去了。反正你换个助手也照样能变魔术的吧?」

Lyney:The answer he gave me was: "She caught the eye of a most eminent person at the banquet, so I sent her over as a gift. I mean, you'll be able to perform your magic regardless of who your assistant is, yes?"

派蒙:啊…难道说那个人是准备…

Paimon:Oh no... So he was gonna...

派蒙:枫丹的法律难道不能制裁这种人吗?

Paimon:Ugh, but wouldn't Fontaine's laws deal with such people?

林尼:外人看来只是单纯的「领养」和「寄养」一类的关系,而且他们也有很多办法规避调查。

Lyney:As far as outsiders are concerned, this is a relationship akin to "adoption" or "foster care," and they have their ways of escaping the eye of the law.

【选项1】

旅行者:十恶不赦的家伙。

Traveler: Villains.

【选项2】

旅行者:…后来呢?

Traveler: So what happened after that?

林尼:我问到了那个所谓「大人物」的宅邸位置,彻夜赶路…可当我越过围墙、绕开警卫,最后进入那座宅邸时…

Lyney:I managed to ferret out the location of the mansion of that so-called "eminent person," and hurried through the night... But by the time I leaped over the walls, avoided the guards, and made my way in...

林尼:只见月光之下,地上的血迹…以及「仆人」大人在黑暗中的身影。

Lyney:All I saw was the moonlit ground covered in blood... and The Knave, standing there in the darkness.

派蒙:「仆人」已经将那个家伙解决掉了么…

Paimon:So she'd already taken care of that guy...

林尼:嗯,她在琳妮特受到任何侵害之前便解救了她,还发现了藏在地下室的好几个女孩,也都是没有父母的孤儿。

Lyney:That's right. She had rescued my sister before she could come to any harm, and had even discovered several girls hidden in a basement — all of them orphans.

林尼:「父亲」…哦不,「仆人」大人或许看到了我的某些潜质,便向我发出了邀请…

Lyney:"Father"... I mean, The Knave, might have seen something in me, and so, she made me an offer...

林尼:「你与我们利益一致,壁炉之家欢迎你。这里永远不会背叛你,在这里也永远不会容许背叛。」

Lyney:"The House of the Hearth welcomes you, for your interests align with ours. Here, none will ever betray you. Indeed, betrayal shall never be permitted here."

林尼:刚刚被贵族背叛的我,一时间也难以相信她。

Lyney:I was hesitant to trust her. I mean, I had just been betrayed by nobles.

林尼:不过很快,「仆人」大人也抹除了最初收养我的那个贵族,将自由还给了我。

Lyney:But she was also quick to destroy the noble who had taken us in at first, giving us back our freedom.

派蒙:于是你就和妹妹一起加入了壁炉之家么。

Paimon:So that's how the two of you joined the House of the Hearth.

【选项1】

旅行者:但这些终究只是过去的事。

Traveler: That's all in the past, though.

【选项2】

旅行者:现在「仆人」的目的还是神之心吧?

Traveler: The Knave is after the Gnosis, isn't she?

林尼:「仆人」大人…她有着自己的计划。

Lyney:She... has her own plans.

林尼:她得到了至冬女皇的准许,夺取枫丹神之心以后,她会优先使用神之心的力量尝试找到破除预言、拯救枫丹的办法。

Lyney:She has gained permission from the Tsaritsa to first use the Gnosis' power once she obtains it. She plans to use it to find a way to break the prophecy and save Fontaine.

派蒙:她也相信那个预言是真的吗?

Paimon:So she believes in that prophecy too?

林尼:嗯,整个壁炉之家都在全力运作,应对「预言危机」。

Lyney:That's right. The whole House of the Hearth is currently working to combat that crisis.

林尼:而且今天这个案子,也证明了枫丹人似乎的确可以溶解于某种水,成为了预言新的佐证…

Lyney:Today's case has also proven that people from Fontaine can indeed dissolve into some sort of water, thus further supporting the prophecy.

林尼:布法蒂公馆的大家,包括「仆人」大人她自己,都是枫丹人,我们不会放弃守护自己的故乡。

Lyney:Everyone at Hotel Bouffes d'ete, including The Knave, has their roots in Fontaine. And we will always defend our homeland.

林尼:毕竟对我们这些孤儿来说,除了身为「家人」的彼此,与这个世界的联系也只剩下「故乡」而已了。

Lyney:To us orphans, the only connection we have left to this world, apart from our "family," is our homeland.

派蒙:小到发放「魔术口袋」,大到偷取神之心,都是为了应对预言吗…

Paimon:So from small deeds like distributing Magic Pockets to huge schemes like stealing a Gnosis, everything is aimed at dealing with that prophecy...

【选项1】

旅行者:抱歉…

Traveler: I'm sorry...

【选项2】

旅行者:我还是无法完全相信。

Traveler: But I still can't completely trust you.

林尼:没关系,我理解你。我也只是把我想说的告诉你。

Lyney:It's alright, I understand. The only thing I can do is relate all this to you.

林尼:我也希望你能明白,即便我身处壁炉之家,也从未失去过自己的判断力,我认为我在做着「正确」的事。

Lyney:I just hope you can understand that even as a member of the House, I have never stopped making my own decisions, and that I believe what I'm doing is right.

林尼:以后如果有什么需要,欢迎你随时来找我,我会以「林尼」的名义帮助你的。

Lyney:If you should need anything at all in the future, feel free to find me. I will do my best to help you, as plain "Lyney."

【选项1】

旅行者:我知道了。

Traveler: I understand.

【选项2】

旅行者:再见。

Traveler: Goodbye.

派蒙:拜、拜拜…林尼。

Paimon:Uh... bye, Lyney.

离开歌剧院 Leave the opera house

娜维娅:欸——!等等,可算找到你们了,怎么庭审一结束你们就没影了。

Navia:Hey there! What was with the disappearing act you pulled right as the trial ended?

派蒙:娜维娅,你找我们?

Paimon:Were you looking for us, Navia?

娜维娅:事情还没结束呢,我感觉我们离「少女连环失踪案」的真相更近了,对吧?

Navia:Well, this whole thing isn't exactly over, is it? I do feel that we're getting closer to solving the serial disappearances case, though. Don't you think so too?

【选项1】

旅行者:那个…

Traveler: Well, I...

【选项2】

旅行者:不好意思,娜维娅。

Traveler: I'm sorry, Navia.

娜维娅:嗯?怎么了么,我的好搭档。

Navia:Hmm? What's wrong, my dear partner?

【选项1】

旅行者:我之前只是为了给林尼辩护。

Traveler: I was really only trying to defend Lyney.

【选项2】

旅行者:并非为了调查少女连环失踪案。

Traveler: I wasn't necessarily looking into serial disappearances case.

派蒙:…而且这种数十年的悬案,真的是可以靠我们来解决的吗…?

Paimon:Besides, are you sure we're the ones who can crack a case that's been cold for decades now?

派蒙:既然这次有了新的线索,水神手下的人会试着顺藤摸瓜去解决的吧?

Paimon:And given that there's new evidence from the trial, there should be a trail of breadcrumbs for the Hydro Archon's people to follow now, right?

娜维娅:啊…

Navia:Ah...

娜维娅:这样啊…嗯…虽然听你们这样说感觉有些意外,不过也是呢,毕竟你们只是刚到枫丹不久的旅行者…

Navia:I see... Well. I won't lie — I'm a little shocked to hear that from you, but I suppose you are just travelers who have only arrived in Fontaine, after all...

娜维娅:不好意思,是我有些太自作主张了。

Navia:Sorry, I might have been too presumptuous.

派蒙:娜维娅,别这么说…

Paimon:Don't say that, Navia...

娜维娅:唉…跟你们一起调查案件的时光真是快乐,怎么说呢…

Navia:sigh And we were having so much fun investigating with you, too...

娜维娅:像是在一潭死水中忽然注入了新的水流一样,也似乎注入了新的希望,水中的倒影变得逐渐清晰了起来。

Navia:It was like having new waters flowing into a stagnant mire, causing new hope to spring forth, and the reflection in the murk to become clearer.

娜维娅:哈哈…我这个人就是很容易念旧,别见怪别见怪…

Navia:Haha... Sorry about that, I'm a bit prone to nostalgia. Don't mind me...

娜维娅:哦对了,散伙饭!我们去吃散伙饭吧?

Navia:Wait, shall we have a farewell meal? You know, to commemorate our time as partners?

派蒙:欸?还要这么正式吗…看来你真的很把我们之间的关系当回事呢。

Paimon:Huh? Do we really need to get that formal? ...Well, guess you really did treat us as partners, huh.

娜维娅:我只是喜欢给每一段重要的回忆画一个完整的句号,不要留下遗憾。

Navia:Well, I just like to have a proper ending to every important memory, that way there are no regrets later.

娜维娅:而且,只是吃顿饭而已,应该不会耽误你们太多时间的。

Navia:Anyway, it would just be a meal, so it shouldn't take up too much of your time.

【选项1】

旅行者:既然都这么说了…

Traveler: Well, if you say so...

【选项2】

旅行者:走吧,我们吃饭去。

Traveler: Let's go have that meal, then.

派蒙:其实只要是娜维娅老板请我吃饭,我都会很乐意去的,不用考虑那么多啦。

Paimon:You don't have to twist Paimon's arm! If Boss Navia's treating, count Paimon in!

娜维娅:呵呵,那就好,我们先回枫丹廷,然后一起去「德波大饭店」吧?时间应该刚好赶得上吃晚饭。

Navia:Wonderful! In that case, why don't we return to the Court of Fontaine and head to the Hotel Debord? I believe we'll make it just in time for dinner.

派蒙:好欸,散伙饭!

Paimon:Alright then, let's have our farewell meal!

最后更新于